PDA

View Full Version : Weber, idle and air/fuel screws

Mike's89AccordLX
12-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Ok, I don't think the mechanic tuned the carb. It seems like it bogs. Is this the air/fuel screw perhaps? And the idle almost dies when the clutch is pushed in. With the idle screw do you have to have the car running then turn it or does it have to be off? Which way do you turn it to be a fast idle or slow idle. Same way for the air/fuel screw which way is rich and which way is lean? Hopefully it just bogs because of the air/fuel screw. Thanks guys.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

A20A1
12-11-2002, 10:53 PM
To raise the idle turn the Idle screw in... make sure you're not turning the secondary stop screw.

to increase the fuel (rich) you turn the air fuel screw out.

did you buy an A/F ratio guage yet?
it's a good investment. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
12-11-2002, 11:00 PM
No, I kinda went broke after I got the Weber put in. I want one of those cool autometer a/f gauges though (lights up) Thanks A20A1 I'm just going to tune it myself. Get this I was checking out the smoking under my hood at a gas station and this newer little truck start reving his engine and he did a burn out, but get this he came back and said did you like that? I told him no, it's easy to do that kind of a burn out when the ground's wet. I told him, "are you as flaming as the flames on your truck!" (his truck had flames all over it) I thought it was pretty clever for off the top of my head. Then he did another burn out. Fag! I hate those little S10 s'