PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 3rd Gen Accord for Music Video

smallsignals
09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Years ago when I was in college, I wrote a song about trying to sell my '86 Accord Hatchback. It did sell, and I never saw it again, but I still think of it fondly since it was my first car. Anyways, since I don't have one in my possession, I thought I'd reach out to this forum to see if anyone is willing to have their car featured in a music video, or perhaps know someone who would be willing!

A bit about me so you don't think I'm crazy:
- I'm a Grammy award winning audio engineer and musician (not a famous one, just a lucky dude)
- I am working on my Ph.D. and have toured the world as a drummer for a few different bands

I reside in Rochester, NY, and would be willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the Northeast. We would film it in your town/city, and would only need the car for a day. I don't care about the condition (rust/dents/dings), as long as it fits the following criteria:

- Runs and is driveable
- '86-89 Accord / '83-87 Civic / '83-'87 Prelude
- The lyrics mention a "5-speed stick and carbureted". The manual trans is needed for video shots, but the car could be fuel-injected for the shoot.

I have an impeccable driving record and would obviously have you there for the day if required. You are also welcome to be in the video!

You can check out a rough mix of the song here: http://www.calibratedrecording.com/recs/smallsignals_86honda.mp3

You can also check out a previous music video that I made about my beard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkyugjdcOM

Thanks for reading, and I won't post any more if I do not get replies! I would not want to be annoying.

Best,
-S

87accordlxi
09-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Ha, this one is going up on Facebook.

apache07x
09-18-2014, 04:06 PM
If it was southeast id help you out. That'd be cool

smallsignals
09-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Haha, I'm glad I can give a few of you a chuckle!

I'll check back every so often, but if there is any interest, please email me at [email protected]. I check that more often!

Again, thank you all of indulging my request!

Dr_Snooz
09-20-2014, 12:00 PM
You are also welcome to be in the video!

Can I throw up my gang signs? You know all the OG's roll in 8 9's. ROFL!!

Good luck with the video.

rushell
09-21-2014, 10:45 AM
how r things in winter haven i went to lake wales high school

A20A1
03-21-2015, 11:06 AM
So no one was able to get in on this?

MessyHonda
03-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I want to see the final video.