PDA

View Full Version : Weber Dcoes On A20

mushroom_toy
09-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Alright guys so I decided to throw my Efi A20 into the 85 Prelude I just got since the headgasket was blown on the Et2. I want to go ahead and run carbs, since the prelude is stock carbed, and I dont want to convert it over to efi, just to use the A20. Im looking for info on the Dcoe setup with the a20 manifold. Also anyone got some for semi cheap? I need to get this prelude on the road. Im used to tuning bike carbs, so tuning and such isnt a problem, just mainly sourcing parts. If anyone has a setup theyd like to trade for the set of itbs I built Id def. be willing to do that as well. Thanks! Also Im assuming the 40s would be better on my mild engine, rather than the 45s?

2oodoor
09-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Pm'd

rice_cracker
10-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Ye man 40's may be better than 45s for a mild engine, but go 45s if you have any plans because it will be easier for you to choke down the 45s to begin with rather than machine out the maximum size chokes of the 45 if you want to harder in the future. If you are getting a Rowland manifold, don't expect it to be plug and play, the stud alignment is not good on these and you certainly may need to perform modifications to get that to bolt up and have the carbs in reasonably good synch. At least you will need to port match the whole thing, maybe even re surface to get a better 5 degree angle on the carbs. I am talking from my experience here. I recommended get Des Hamills book on power tuning DCOEs and get yourself a wideband AFR for tuning, f you don't get it dyno tuned or don't have 30 years experience with webers this is absolutely critical you have a wideband, it makes life simple. Lettuce know how this progresses!

mushroom_toy
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
I decided to scrap the prelude, so unless something incredible happens...this projct isnt going forward haha.

Fixedit
06-24-2023, 08:23 PM
Shit I guess I need to research about this 5 degree angle you’re talking about. Just got a Rowland intake for some 40’s