PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Honda. Jeep driving over a honda, what do you think?

MattsZJ
12-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Hello everybody, I'm new to the bored and wanted to thank you all for the great information I found here that allowed me to get my 1989 honda accord LX up and running. I bought it for $300, got another engine for 250, replaced the windshield etc etc. I was rather proud of getting it running nicely again, I loved that car... So I had it on the road for three days after a full week of work and BAM, slid it into a telephone pole. Not a snow car. Hmphh.

Anyway, it's totaled... So here's the deal... I'm a jeep guy, I have a nice big narly Grand Cherokee that's modified up the wazoo for offroading... And I've always wanted to drive over a car, mostly for the pictures and the bragging rights.

I already started a voting thread over on Jeepsunlimited, but obviously their opinions are a little biased towards a jeep crushing a Honda. Here's the thread if you want some laughs: http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325920&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

What do you guys think I should do here... I loved the car but it's dead, the front ends pushed in pretty badly and it's not worth fixing the unibody, it's pretty badly tweaked. Give me some input here.

Matt

Jeep lover and ex Honda owner.

The Honda (before mating with a telephone pole)
http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_a11c8b4b1a9e6305e11dc77726cc7f62/i-1_B.JPG

The Jeep:
http://www.fccsonline.com/pic/gotflex.jpg

pmip
12-12-2002, 08:41 PM
"Yay, drive on, make an event of it"! I think it would be a pretty cool thing to see. The accord's trashed anyways, why not have some fun with it. I'd say part some of it out to make back your $300, then run it over. The only thing i'd be a little cautious about is the sharp parts shredding your tires.

89AccordNate
12-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Im thinking your gay, thats my insight right now, but I think im going to stick to it. I dont know where you got this idea, but please close your book of homo ideas before you make your #2 post.

Lots of love,

Nate.

MattsZJ
12-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Im thinking your gay, thats my insight right now, but I think im going to stick to it. I dont know where you got this idea, but please close your book of homo ideas before you make your #2 post.

Lots of love,

Nate.

Thanks Nate, I appreciate the well worded insight into my homoness. :wtf: I'm making my second post.

Love,

Matt

1989 DX R
12-13-2002, 04:38 AM
Don't worry about Nate. Just worry if he posts more g0atse or his band camp stories :lol

Neuspeed87lx
12-13-2002, 05:06 AM
if its dead...i would take all the good parts off of it that you could sell ... take everything out of the interior and the working mechanical parts... sell them ...make some cash .. and run it over ... even if you just brought it to a junkyard there gona basicly do the same thing ...its too bad you crashed that thing it looked like it was in great shape ... are those clears in the front ?

Grant2k
12-13-2002, 08:58 AM
i was checking out the Jeep forum and i had to post this. i think the question is pretty stupid because you are gonna do it anyway. i don't really see what the issue is. you have a totalled car at your house and a long armed jeep. who wouldn't? i really think it's stupid (trying to avoid the word gay) to ask this question here. it can't be saved so just fucking do it.
http://www.unitedmicroprinting.com/Amir/hummer_050602_01.jpg

pmip
12-13-2002, 09:01 AM
Hahaha, I remember seeing that picture in the news a while ago!

SiR
12-13-2002, 10:01 AM
I bet my neighbors would love to see my Accord crushed by anyone of their 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees!!!
It looks like a Jeep dealer lot!!!

Rooz

MattsZJ
12-13-2002, 10:14 AM
:stick:

I don't know if I define the word "crushing" the same, the jeep only weighs 4,000 pounds stock, and probably around 4600+ with the mods that are on it. I'm probably going to be parting out everything good, which is most of the parts. The only real damage is the frame and the hood. Might just make a scene out of it at a public parking lot where I put a couple tires up on the hood, I'm a bit scared of going up on the glass or the a-pillars. Oh well... We'll see :pimp:

MattsZJ
12-13-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
I bet my neighbors would love to see my Accord crushed by anyone of their 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees!!!
It looks like a Jeep dealer lot!!!

Rooz

That's becuase most Grand Cherokee owners are nothing but soccer mom bitches or middle management ass holes.

MattsZJ
12-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
...its too bad you crashed that thing it looked like it was in great shape ... are those clears in the front ?

Ya... I was pretty pissed when it happened, wanted to :barf:.

The irony is, I got the Honda because I rolled my jeep and needed something to drive while it was in the body shop. So I work my butt getting the Honda running (and ya, the body really was in great shape...) by putting in an engine from an 86. Spent another week with a good friend hunting down the vacume leaks and everything until it ran great. Replaced the glass, got the title transfered to PA and got a plate. Whella, it was on the road. I freakin LOVED to drive that car, it's like a go cart, only, nice, LOL. Up comes mr telephone pole and I'm thinking "you've got to be kidding me..." -- it's rather depressing.

But no, they're not clear corners, it's just the angle. You know you can make the regular ones clear corners by taking out the orange reflective piece inside of them though right?

Matt

Grant2k
12-13-2002, 10:36 AM
i don't think you are gonna be able to do that in a public place without getting in some shit. just do it at your house and take pictures.

if you have room you should just keep the shell to play around on.

Mantis88LX
12-13-2002, 03:18 PM
sounds like one hickish of a idea:eek: :wtf:

87DXHatch
12-13-2002, 03:24 PM
That would be pretty sweet to watch... if you can, make a movie of it and share with us.

I don't think anyone here is so attached to these cars that they would care if a wrecked one got... extra.. wrecked :D

Bobs89LXi
12-13-2002, 07:20 PM
If the car is totaled, have fun. I would make a suggestion though. Take what usable parts out of it you can and sell them. That is if you have not done it already. It reminds me of a scene from Cannonball Run II where the Ford pickup with the monster tires drove over a Porsche. :D

hondaman87
12-17-2002, 07:10 PM

hondaman87
12-17-2002, 07:12 PM

Neuspeed87lx
12-17-2002, 07:13 PM
that jeep is fucken sweet ... im not to keen on that civic getting crushed

jigga225
12-17-2002, 10:57 PM
i wonder if that green civic was lowered or is the Humma makin it sitt that low

Grant2k
12-18-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by jigga225
i wonder if that green civic was lowered or is the Humma makin it sitt that low
it might be lowered but either way the hummer would make it sit that low so you couldn't tell anyway.

Project-LXi
12-18-2002, 02:05 PM
damn i hope that was staged. If it wasnt and if I owned that civic I would kill that fucker. seriously.

pmip
12-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
damn i hope that was staged. If it wasnt and if I owned that civic I would kill that fucker. seriously.

I heard that took place on some army base. The civic was stopped at a stop sign waiting to turn, and the hummer came around the corner fast, so he cut the corner (not seeing the civic), and what happened after is what you see in the picture. Although, from the pic and how the hummer went straight down the middle of the civic, I have a hard time believing he was turning.

Thorny88Lx
12-19-2002, 11:30 AM
I live in northern cali if you crush it fine but let me strip it before you do.

89lxi95zx7
12-21-2002, 07:48 AM
RUN IT OVER,I'LL BE THERE!U SHOULD RUN MINE OVER TOO,BECAUSE IT'S PISSING ME OFF SO BAD RIGHT NOW.

Tim Yoak
12-21-2002, 07:23 PM
:mad: For god sakes if you are going to run over something run over your neighbors mustang or something.

1989 Lxi Coupe
12-22-2002, 01:41 PM
If the accord is dead, then have fun and crush it. :super:

Tim Yoak
12-22-2002, 03:46 PM
I think you should bury it in the yard like the cadilac ranch, THEN you run over a mustang.:flip:

dXsquared
12-22-2002, 03:54 PM
u guys are still talkin and this guy still hasnt said anythin back! its funny! i dont think he is gonna do it!

Travis

si accord
12-22-2002, 05:48 PM
:pimp: ok thats pimp but my friends and i have done this and to stay out of trouble just call the non emergency line of the pigs office and tell them whats up get writen permision form the lots owner to do it and then its all up to you and your jeep to do the rest:D

MattsZJ
12-22-2002, 06:51 PM
:)

3G Jester
01-04-2003, 12:00 AM
MAKE A MOVIE TAKE PICS....and gimme all the good stuff u slavage out of it before u wreck her--i mean..take out everything......carb...efi.....whatever. make a buck.---side markers, ---those get smashed easily. sell em

3G Jester
01-04-2003, 12:01 AM
OH!!! i have family in pittsburg---wait till i go down there agin :-D

Sigurl
01-04-2003, 01:20 AM
so have you driven over it yet? let us know we want to know and then we want pics mpg avi's what ever you got of it we want to see

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 01:48 AM
Don't be a dumbass!!!!!!!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Is that an SEI? I'll take some parts

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 04:21 AM
Nevermind that last post.

MattsZJ
01-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Well guys, I'm sorry for all of the hype I started over this, but the final decision is I'm not going to be ramping it with my Jeep. I was planning on taking out all the reusable parts and just driving over it, but there's just to many things that can go wrong. See, I have the worst luck of anyone on the face of the earth. Before 2 months ago, I'd never had an accident in the 5 years I've been driving. Yet in the last 2 months, I've rolled my jeep, wrecked my Honda... And last night I hit ANOTHER patch of ice swerving from a deer on the road and destroyed the front end of my NEW FREAKING AUDI I got only a week ago... ya.. my life sucks.

On a more serious note, anyone in the Pittsburgh area who's interested in parts off of this 89 Accord LX, please send me a message. Or if you want to buy the whole car be my guest. The front bumper and cross beam are destroyed along with the hood, and the unibody's just slightly tweaked, but other then that ALL parts are usuable.

Sorry for getting all your hopes up (well many's anyway) that I was going to drive over it, LOL, I wanted to.

dXsquared
01-04-2003, 07:01 PM
i knew it wasnt gonna happen! thats why i posted when i did!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
01-05-2003, 04:40 AM
Nice call DX.

Sigurl
01-05-2003, 09:31 PM
ok guys i never posted that, someones been getting on my name and posting shit, please stop.

87AccordsterLx
01-08-2003, 10:43 PM
change your login password...