PDA

View Full Version : waiting for engine and carb to warm up

HondaBoy
12-12-2002, 08:43 PM
my car doesnt have as much power as it does when it is heated up all the way. is this the choke? im thinkin thats wut it could be. also i know that the old muscle cars would gain power when they were warmed up. any of yall have that same thing happening? it was my grandmas car and she has told me that it did that.

Neuspeed87lx
12-13-2002, 05:19 AM
both my cars are like that ....every car i have ever drivin is like that ... isnt that normal ?

shepherd79
12-13-2002, 10:34 AM
well, when your car is cold you get cold air and cold fuel into the cylinders and it is very good for the performance, but when it is warmed up, the carb is getting hot because hot coolant flowing throught it. when the car fully warmed up take the aircleaner off and look down the barrels. you should see the plate, it is your choke. if it is not open all the way than you have some problem with that, if it is open then it is normal.

HondaBoy
12-13-2002, 02:37 PM
well its not good for my performance i guess. i dont have any power if i just start up from cold and go. if i let it warm up for a few minutes it is fine. i find that after about 15 mins of driving it has full power. i think thats normal for all carbed cars.