PDA

View Full Version : tach

si accord
12-12-2002, 11:49 PM
i got a tach yesterday, i traded an old beat up 3aracing muffler and a pair of jensen 10's for it, its a 5" autometer with the seperate shift light, i put it in the little console where the change tray and shit goes, and took my ashtray out and put my shift light there, its just temporary there, i'll try to get pics tomorrow, my camera is dead, peace

...:wave:

...opie

Blue Impact
12-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Before you think of permanently putting it there, think about stereo work and all the crap. Just an advice.

si accord
12-13-2002, 12:37 AM
i already got all the stereo stuff i want, just a deck and one 10" sub, i aint tryin to beat tha block down or anything just wanted a lil bit of sound, i didn't plan on really leaving it there i just put it there for the time being becuz it don't have the mounting bracket, if any1 happens to have and extra one let me know, i'm willing to buy it

...opie

Grant2k
12-13-2002, 09:03 AM
why do people put aftermarket tachs in cars that already have them? i could see if you were seriously racing any you needed one and had your shift light tuned at the optimum points and stuff, but you're not. i'd rather spend my money on something that will actually make it go faster.

anyway, why not take your stock tach out of the cluster and put it in there? it would be behind glass and not sticking out of somewhere crazy.

Coroncho80
12-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
why do people put aftermarket tachs in cars that already have them? i could see if you were seriously racing any you needed one and had your shift light tuned at the optimum points and stuff, but you're not. i'd rather spend my money on something that will actually make it go faster.

anyway, why not take your stock tach out of the cluster and put it in there? it would be behind glass and not sticking out of somewhere crazy.

Who says we don't seriously race? Shit I do. I race for pride! :D

pmip
12-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k

I don't understand it either. There's not really a point for the shift lights anyways, you just need to get used to listening to your car's engine. And why the hell do all these automatic cars have giant tachs with shift lights???:wtf:

Coroncho80
12-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by pmip
why the hell do all these automatic cars have giant tachs with shift lights???:wtf:

Now, I AGREE WITH YA! What da fuck is that all about?? Auto with giant tachs??? What r you gonna do? let go of the gas when the light comes on and then step on it again? :rice:

Neuspeed87lx
12-13-2002, 07:31 PM
i have the 5 inch tach in my civic ... but a tach didnt come stock with the car ... damn dx ... :D

SQ is the SQUAD
12-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
i have the 5 inch tach in my civic ... but a tach didnt come stock with the car ... damn dx ... :D

you should put a 00 si cluster in your civic, its a direct fit and you dint have to run any wires, the si cluster is sooo hot but they are going for about $200 about now, its to bad, i would have made you a deal for mine but i sold it today

Neuspeed87lx
12-14-2002, 12:15 PM
i wouldnt spend 200 bucks on a guage cluster :D its just to much ...

dXsquared
12-14-2002, 12:38 PM
well i know one car that needs a 5 inch tach and its an auto. my dads Trans Am has a Turbo 400 and a B and M Quick Silver shifter. he can shift it like a stick, its a ratchet shifter, so he can down shift, and hold eack gear till 6000! So that swhy he has one! I wanna steal it...

Travis

Mantis88LX
12-14-2002, 02:16 PM
si accord, were the pics man,

one thing for the people who posted asking why we need shift lights, BECAUSE WE DO!! damn why even post if you gonna be dumb about it. thats why we have little aftermarket suport, cuz fags always saying shit is ricey and stuff, who cares???

:super:

Mantis88LX
12-14-2002, 02:19 PM
im auto and had a tach at one time, never hooked it up tho, it was for show, if u think its ricey blow me :321:

also Si Accord isnt auto.

Coroncho80
12-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
im auto and had a tach at one time, never hooked it up tho, it was for show, if u think its ricey blow me.

Sorry dude, I guess I'm gonna have to blow you 'cause that's just plain "RICE'! :D

Auto + shift light = :rice: * 2556.36

:lol

pmip
12-14-2002, 02:33 PM
im auto and had a tach at one time, never hooked it up tho, it was for show, if u think its ricey blow me :321:

also Si Accord isnt auto.

Dude, settle down. No one ever said Si Accord had an auto, we were just trying to understand the point of adding it to an auto. As for looks, I just don't think adding on a giant tach looks very nice, but that's my opinion. Now in Neuspeed87lx's case, I could understand why you would add one, but if you already have a tach, why spend like $200 on a huge guage that does nothing special? And yes, I do think those giant tachs are ricey, but that's not always bad! I think strobes are rice, but that's not going to keep me from liking them!

socal3rdgen
12-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
Sorry dude, I guess I'm gonna have to blow you 'cause that's just plain "RICE'! :D

i would have to agree with ya

Mantis88LX
12-14-2002, 07:18 PM
the tach i had i got on ebay for $20 something dollars, it was one of the $99 + ones. later sold it for like $50 to a friend.
sorry for getting pissed but everyone i know talks about rice this rice that, i think its a little gay and people need to stfu and mind there own buisness if they dont like what someone else has did to there car. after all it is there car and they are the ones who drive it. :flip:

Mantis88LX
12-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80

:stupid: :lol

SQ is the SQUAD
12-15-2002, 07:06 AM
well i paid $265 for my tach, and i dont race the accord. i brought it just for the carbon fiber face, to go with my carbon fiber dash kit and guage layover. you call it rice but at the end of the summer lets all count how many trophys we all got suckers :flip:

Grant2k
12-15-2002, 04:45 PM
i have never used the word "rice" to describe a car so why doesn't everybody just calm down. i am just looking at everything from a stricly funtional standpoint. i didn't say that you should take you tachs out or anything. if you like it, good for you. i personally don't but that shouldn't mean anything to you. i'm just stating my opinion like you are stating yours. chill.

Mantis88LX
12-15-2002, 07:35 PM
no problem man :)

Coroncho80
12-15-2002, 07:40 PM
no problem man :)

I second that, but it still :rice: :lol

Mantis88LX
12-15-2002, 10:17 PM
http://nutty.chris.com/nutty/images/baby-flipping-the-bird.jpg

LOL!

:werd:

Grant2k
12-16-2002, 06:46 AM
where'd you get my baby picture??!!

My 89 Accord Lxi
12-18-2002, 08:08 PM
im getting a 5' tach cuz my tach in my car stopped working aling with my dash lights so now i dont know when to shift at redline