PDA

View Full Version : Complete LED Conversion Kits

firefighterwhite89
09-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Would anyone be interested in a simple plug and play LED light conversion for our cars? As in:

Interior/Exterior Lighting Package:
-Tag Lights x2
-Door Lights x4
-Dome Light x1
-Trunk Light x1
-Key Light
-Ashtray Light
-Radio Light

Complete Cluster Swap Package:
-All LEDs (T5&T10) for the ENTIRE cluster(In the color of your choice)

Signalling Package(Can be your choice of High output or Low output LEDs):
-Taillights
-Reverse Lights
-Turn Signal
-Parking Lights

Opinions?

charliekuney
09-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Opinions?

LED's look ridiculous in cars that weren't designed for them. All you get is a tiny spot of light from the center of the housing, you can't see them from as far away, and the high filament (e.i. brake lamp) barely look any different than the low filament (tail lamp), so that defeats the whole "conspicuity/redundancy" idea of brake lamps. Everything except the brake/tail lamps and turn signals would be dope.

2oodoor
09-29-2014, 03:51 AM
I would be interested if a good oem look, no leaks, no warning lights...and plenty of retina burning brake lights for my fellow cadillac& infinity drivers to suck it for blinding me all this time lol

firefighterwhite89
10-02-2014, 02:34 AM
LED's look ridiculous in cars that weren't designed for them. All you get is a tiny spot of light from the center of the housing, you can't see them from as far away, and the high filament (e.i. brake lamp) barely look any different than the low filament (tail lamp), so that defeats the whole "conspicuity/redundancy" idea of brake lamps. Everything except the brake/tail lamps and turn signals would be dope.

You're correct to a certain degree. There's multiple formats for these things. There's bulbs that shine light in only a 30 degree pattern, a 60 degree pattern, a 90, 120 AND 180 degree pattern, just depending on what you're wanting to do.
The LEDs that have the glass magnifying bulb that directs the beam of light can be anywhere from 30-90 degree bulbs. Theres some with the focusing glass that also have LEDs on the sides so they light up 180degrees.
Then we have COB LEDs. Those can get expensive, FAST! COB=Chip On Board meaning instead of small individually placed LEDs, There's multitudes of them in rows, all epoxied to a breadboard for protection and THEY are RIDICULOUSLY BRIGHT! I've got 3 coming to me, just waiting on the arrival. Perfect for our step lights or map lights.

I'm fixing to assemble a few Gauge cluster sets. I've got quite a few T10 LEDs in pink AND blue. I have T5's in only Blue and Amber(I think turn signal indicators should be amber as it makes alot more sense.) I've got a few lights im waiting on getting here then I'll have the first few sets made. Anyone wanting a Pink or Blue backlighting in their gauge cluster?

Hazwan
10-02-2014, 03:31 AM
I had those and they still leave a huge blob on the lens and did not spread like the normal incandescent bulbs do. Brightness wise, they are close but not bright enough for the brake and turn signals.