12-13-2002, 10:30 AM
06141-PH3-305 timing belt kit $40
15100-PJ5-020 oil pump ASSY $105
19200-PH3-000 water pump $90
061A1-PH3-000 cylinder head gasket kit $195
061B1-PH3-000 cylinder block gasket kit $55
For engine #s: up to 1550000

9/16/04-Update
Figured i should update the link since the old one is down. http://www.south.ne.jp/~spiosk/parts/e-info.htm If you email them part numbers of what you want they will get back to you with a total price with shipping for the order. There are a few general part numbers up top and im sure there are a lot more in other threads.

MoonScryer
12-13-2002, 07:26 PM
They look right....if I could get my parts catalog to work, I could tell you. Carot?

By the way, good work.

RobT5580
12-15-2002, 08:59 PM
I have been spending a lot of time looking up stuff and a lot of places are not to helpful but this guy was the best in customer service i have dealt with but i am guessing the place in Europe is gonna be better just waiting for feedback. But i know a fellow B20A owner and that is where he gets his stuff from.

carotman
12-26-2002, 06:24 AM
I'll have to double check these since my B20A engine has number 160XXXX (black top B20A)

All parts should be the same tough. I'm sure that it will be cheaper to get those parts in Europe :)

carotman
12-26-2002, 07:05 AM
I found something odd.... the goldtop B20A uses the part number
15100-PJ5-020 for the oil pump but the blacktop uses 15100-PH3-010. are they really different to the point of not fitting?????
I suggest that you get the correct part number for your application but I double checked all the diagrams and they are 100% the same for both .... I guess that it doesn't matter which one you get... but don't count me on this

The head gasket alone is 11251-PH3-003 for the goldtop and I gouldn't check for the black top.

YK86
12-26-2002, 07:29 AM
I used Mike's 86/87 B20A oil pump on my 88/89 block so it should fit fine.

carotman
12-26-2002, 07:32 AM
Thanks YAsu, nothing like a someone who tried it to confirm what was theoricaly advanced :)

(damn I need money for parts)

RobT5580
12-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys I have found what i beleive to be a better source for parts and its actually in Canada. Im waiting for them to get back to me with prices but the guy in Georgia from Accuformance buys his parts from them for his B20A. Its a Honda Dealership as well.

carotman
12-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Oh Rob!!! keep us updated on this one!!!! It would be a DREAM to have a dealer in Canada that get us parts for our B20....

RobT5580
12-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Well i was on their website and you have to email them with a VIN# to get parts which i did. Im just waiting to hear back but i did push it and ask for a large price list. If i dont hear back by the end of next week i will contact them. I hope this works out but they definatly provided Scott the guy at accuformance with his parts so we will see.

AccordSi
12-26-2002, 03:54 PM
I absolutely love what I'm reading here...keep us posted.

carotman
01-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Any news from that dealer in Canada?

RobT5580
01-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Not yet i sent them another email late friday but i told yasu who it was and he is close to them. It was www.surreyhonda.com so maybe if others show interest they will help us out. I know that they did get B20A parts before so i dont see why they havnt responded other than it was a long list. The only problem is they require a VIN# which i did give them for a B20A but i cant give out the number to others as the person wants it kept privately. I will let u guys know this week and if no responce maybe i can see Yasu can look into it since he is closer than me.

carotman
01-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Well, I don't see why we couldn't just ask for part numbers. That should do it I think.

It not, just give us the beggining of the VIN # Only the 1st digits befor the production number. All those cars have those same numbers anyway, we can just any production number for parts ordering.

RobT5580
01-05-2003, 06:58 PM
I think they can do it with part numbers no problem but i dont have all of them (of what i need) so thats why i used the VIN#. Otherwise i would have just emailed the part #'s. I will give it till wed or so then try by part numbers.

RobT5580
01-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok guys heres the deal i talked to the parts manager and he can do it with part#'s but i would rather price all the main parts once so if you can add to my list of common parts and i will email him the one list then we can compare prices with the other vendor. This is what i have from before:

06141-PH3-305 timing belt kit $40
15100-PJ5-020 oil pump ASSY $105
19200-PH3-000 water pump $90
061A1-PH3-000 cylinder head gasket kit $195
061B1-PH3-000 cylinder block gasket kit $55

These were the prices from WWW.japaneseparts.com and when we finish the list i will post post prices so we can compare them. But i think Surrey honda will be better cause they are a dealership so no middle men involved like the other place.
So if you have part numbers like the front/ rear mount other seals etc we can get all of them priced.

carotman
01-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Most of the other parts are available here on the USDM Prelude or Accord.

I can post the individual seals or gasket that are only available in Japan.

1- Head Gasket
2- Oil pan Gasket

I'm not sure about the valve cover gasket tough.

Like I said, All the other seals are shared with the USDM Lude (even the valve seals)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

RobT5580
01-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Ok i will submit this list and post the prices and expected wait time for them to get them. Also i gave him the VIN# on the phone and it didnt work cause he can only use Canadian VIN's. But part#s will be fine so i will let you know what they send back. Thanks for the help Carotman and Yasu

SiCReX
01-06-2003, 11:39 PM
ok where did you guys get your engines in the first place?

RobT5580
01-07-2003, 07:23 AM
I am planning on buying mine soon but i know a few places that can help me. I will post them up soon but i dont want to sell the motor i plan on buying cause that one place only has the one. Im not trying to be an asshole but i spent a lot of time finding place and dont want to blow my hard work. But should be real soon but i know one place said that particular motor was flagged down in Japan not to be exported? Dont know why but i heard him call his vendor when he put the phone down. Basically i know 2 places to get them and a board member is still trying to sell his but it has 12:1 compression that turned me away.

RobT5580
01-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Ok i got the email back to my disappointment that the only part# that worked was the water pump# for $65.17 canadian. But i guess i will go through my first importer and do one big order since it comes right from japan. But i must say parts are not as hard to get as i thought it just took a lot of emails and phone calls on my end. But i emailed the guy at Accuformance to double check on where he got his JDM parts but maybe he only got a few things. So if you guys need parts badly just email the guy at japaneseparts.com with the part #'s and they will get them but you will pay shipping from japan.

3rdGenDX
01-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Is there any way i can find a book to help me put a B20 in? new comer

RobT5580
01-07-2003, 11:59 PM
The only thing i can say is the Honda manual for the accord and maybe the prelude B20A. Its kinda based on experience thought and a book is not gonna tell you step by step everything althought the honda book is pretty close but its not for the Accord B20A. I also just want to say its not so easy to find a B20A and one that has a 5spd so this swap is gonna take time and money.

b20a86lude
01-16-2003, 04:56 AM
hey accord si have u actually done this yet
1988HondaAccord | JDMB20A | CivicTypeRPistons | 11:1CompressionRatio | 8000Redline | 280/280CrowerCams | DualWeber45DCOE | Port&PolishedHead | CustomColdAirInduction | K&NFilter | MSD6AL | MSDBlaster2Coil | MSD8.5mmPlugWires | ACTHeavyDutyClutch | ACT6PuckCopperDisc | JDMPreludeTypeSHeader | 2.5"CustomExhaust | ArospeedMuffler | GroundControlCoilOvers | KoniAdjustableShocks | PreludeVtecBrakeUpgrade |

MoonScryer
01-19-2003, 03:21 PM
He's done it and drives it. His motor was stock in that car, cause it's in Peurto Rico. Lucky bastage ;)

Versanick
01-19-2003, 06:04 PM
So this is confusing me, now. I was told that the japanese B20A with 160hp/130ftlbs is exactly the same as the motor in the 88-91 prelude except for how it sits. Why aren't most of the parts interchangeable? It seems like most simple things like oil parts, gaskets, valves, and stuff like that should be exactly the same. Am I lost, or are they in fact the same parts (and we really have to get them directly from Japan?) I'm so confused. I want to drop a b20a in my 88 LX, because my motor has 280k on it and is hurting. This is going to be expensive... ugh.

thanks ahead of time.

RobT5580
01-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Well for starters you will have to upgrade your fuel set up for fuel injection unless you run carbs. The B20A is a cross breed of many motors and parts. Some stuff works off the B20A and others from the prelude B20A5 etc. But parts are not as hard as they used to be as i found this company that will import parts and know of one other that has been importing parts but takes time. Other members have even found their own sources for parts. The accord B20A is kind of in its own category and its 160Hp and 140 torque. This should be a good swap we will find out as a lot of us our doing it for the spring.

AvgWhtMale
02-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Just to play devil's advocate (and increase my thread count), what about those guys from Placeracing (who admittedly want to sell B16 conversion kits but) who say that they swapped a B20 into a 3G and were disappointed with the performance? You guys with B20's, how much better is your car? I have an auto. Has anyone with an auto done the swap? Of course, I want the answers to be "it's wicked" because I want a B20.

-Dreaming of DOHC

Vega88lxi
02-04-2003, 10:16 PM
He's done it and drives it. His motor was stock in that car, cause it's in Peurto Rico. Lucky bastage

Is "Accordsi" really in Puerto Rico and did his car really come with the b20a stock?

RobT5580
02-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Ok Place Racing did a B20A5 Swap and a B20A swap but i cant remember if they ever found a 5spd for it. The B20A5 was a big mess and they never did finish it and it required cutting of the frame and they never found a good way to convert from cable to hydro tranny. From the two people that i have spoke to with B20A's running (over 1-2yrs ago) they are very happy with the power and say the torque is the best part of the motor.

Accord Si's car i dont think came with the swap because i remember him saying that someone used to get the motors down where he is.

cruznz
02-09-2003, 02:53 AM
I'd be interested to know what shipping costs from japan....so i can compare prices between countries......

Vega88lxi
My Si came stock with B20A......

RobT5580
02-09-2003, 07:57 AM
If yours came with a B20A then i would think you could buy your parts locally no? If you look in this forum Yasu found a better exporter from japan and the pricing was the same as buying parts over here. So look down for the other post i did and i converted the pricing to U.S. currency. But that was shipped to my zip code in the U.S.

cruznz
02-09-2003, 08:25 PM
yeh...i can get the parts locally...i just wanted to see what it costs for you to import from japan compared to importing from down my way....i'll include aussie here too

I'm sending an ecu over for 1 of the members and want to compare the shipping costs is all

Oakenfold
05-01-2003, 09:23 AM
hey man! I am still learning about the b20a, but from what I know so far the black cover one is newer and therefore better ? Also they have different compression??? Fill me in on this. What should I look out for when I'm buying the engine? and also I have no clue where to buy this engine from and for how much! I live in Toronto.

Senate SE-i
05-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Good question. I live in Colorado, and I am having a hard time fiding a B20A for my 89 Sei.

RobT5580
05-13-2003, 06:03 PM
The only thing i can say is read through all the B20A threads and i have done this a few times over and you will learn a lot of usefull information. As for getting a B20A the only place i know that may still have one is www.openloopmotorsports.com you can see if they still do but i bought one of the three they had a few months ago. And as far as getting JDM parts use the link i have in a different post a few pages back that says JDM parts from Japan he is a direct exporter so you will get them faster and cheaper than this place in the US that i listed in this thread.

A20A1
07-26-2003, 06:02 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21311

I'm collecting info to help with engine swaps... motor swaps and just about everythig else. If you have any useful links to add please do... if not lok thru some of the stuff I've posted already and see if anything is there that can help you.

Versanick
09-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Okay I've been posting all over and asking people for a while now... and I can't find the answer anywhere on the boards or online, and I'm trying to find out through Yasu.

a) Does the b20a5 share any of the following: head gasket, valve seals or valve gasket set, intake or exhaust gasket, or cam seals?

b) If not, does anyone know or have a set of all of these I could buy from them and have them shipped overnight to me? Anyone? A lot of people tell me they have head gaskets, until I ask and then all of a sudden they can't find them, they're used, or they're sold. I have a gold top btw.

Someone? anyone?
thanks ahead of time dudes

-paul

RobT5580
09-18-2003, 05:45 AM
I posted in you post on this page. As far as i know only the B20A head gasket will work so your gonna have to order it from Japan. Supposidly B20A5 valve seals are the same and the old teg valve cover gasket. Obviously the A20A3 intake man gasket and the B20A5 exhaust man gasket. Im not sure on cam seals but i would imagine the B20A5 ones would work but not positive. But i tried to find my old post about getting parts and i cant find it. But email this company the part number (found on the 1st page of this topic) and you address and they will give you a quote with shipping. here is there site http://210.150.108.106/~spiosk/parts/e-info.htm

*******************This is the best place to order parts from that Yasu found they are in Osaka and are the cheapest and fastest on shipping*********************

skiingco
09-19-2003, 03:47 AM
Rob,

I got my gold B20A from Canada. I have been trying to email between you and Yasu to get info on the bottom end of my engine. Yasu says the Accord B20A5 Piston Rings, Bearings and Bearing Caps will work, but I will need to get some other JDM stuff like the oil pan seal. Will this importer you listed prices on sell the oil pan seal, an alternator, pwr steering pump and AC Compressor? Are you the Rob that was at Vertek where they have the Civic with swing up doors?
Chris

Versanick
09-19-2003, 04:56 AM
Okay carotman, you said that the head gasket part # was 11251-PH3-003.

I called Honda Japan about that.

Dear Mr. Paul:
Thank you for your call today. I searched about your request of shipping head gasket for your vehicle. And
before I reply whether we can ship it or not, let me confirm the part number because the part number I wrote
down seems not to be registered in Japan parts division.

Your vehicle: 1986 Accord
Part name: head gasket
Part number: 11251PH3003

Please confirm and give me your reply.
Also I’m sorry for writing your first name since I don’t catch up your last name.
Sincerely yours,

Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Shizuko Kawata,
The Americas Service Department

I REALLY did not want to ask her about a head gasket kit, because all I need is the gasket itself. I certainly hope that 061A1-PH3-000 is the head gasket kit.

Does anyone know if this is the honda of America part # or what?!

-Mr. Paul (as my name appears)

Versanick
09-19-2003, 04:57 AM
And her name was ???? ?????? <[email protected]>.... in case anyone cared.

Okay, so the boards won't let me type japanese letters (this is an edit). I'll post her name somewhere else and leave a link (lol)

Carborator King
09-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Does any body know how hard it is to do an H22a engine swap?

shepherd79
09-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Carborator King, please do the search on the board. Your question has been asked many times.
I am gonna answer one more time. H22 will need everything custom made. Nobody makes any engine mount kits for our cars. H22 drop has been done ones, and we don't have the discription of what you need. All we know is that is 100% custom job.

A20A1
09-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Caborator king, it's spelt Carburetor; You can ask an admin to change your screen name, but if you prefer to spell your name that way thats cool.

85 Luder
09-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Where are all of the B20a's coming from? I am looking to get one down here in Nova Scotia. Web address wanted please or phone numbers...

Oakenfold
09-27-2003, 01:23 PM
actually I believe it's spelled Carburator!

rjudgey
01-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Maybe cheaper and easier to get certain parts through English dealers. B20 2G Preludes and 3G accords were sold in reasonable numbers in the U.K, i know of one very good quality company that does gasket kits for B20A these are made by Ajusa in Spain and are pretty good value for money, i even know a main distributer and he has contacts in the U.S from who he buy's U.S parts from for the U.K. Just a thought if enyones interested get in touch with me. BTW i use the Ajusa Gaskets in my race engines they are very well made and can take High CR's and turbocharging without too much probs, they also do a damn good gasket kit for the A20 engine as well as loads of other Honda engines. Also available are new camshafts for A series too.

PhydeauX
01-07-2004, 10:20 AM
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=carburetor ;)

Oakenfold
01-11-2004, 12:34 PM
bah whatever.....
This is for Skiingco or anyone else who can help me!
Can u please tell me where u got your engine from (within Ontario)? I live in Toronto, canada and my mechanic and I have been looking for this engine for the past 2 months and can't find anything! Please help me out if u can, and is it auto or manual?

skiingco
01-24-2004, 06:09 PM
I just happened to check in and look at the site. I am three bolts away from pulling my BT in the 86 Lude and putting in the B20A. I paid just under 3K US dollars for B20A w/ trans, head gasket kit, water pump, ECU and distributor still sitting in the crate. I have no problem scanning the money order to prove what I paid for it if you want to buy it plus shipping just so I can get my money back. If not, there is a story from who I bought it from. I gave them the money, the guy that sold it quit or got fired, and 4 months later after I went to the local paper, the shop finally sent what I paid for. Come back and let me know if you want me to send digital pictures and a scan of the bank check to prove what I paid for. If you are not interested, I am putting it in and beginning the journey of seeing if it runs without taking it to the machine shop and working through Yasu, Carrotman and Paul to get parts needed to overhaul it, not to mention shafts made for it. I have a 9 month old son and probably will deploy to Iraq in six months. I would rather sell, get my money back, rebuild the BT and sell the car.

RobT5580
01-24-2004, 08:18 PM
I wish the best to you and hope you can get rid of it. Its a hard crowd to sell stuff to since most of them are younger and dont have the cash. If you need any help with any questions you have let me know i will do my best to help you out. Carotman is putting up a list of stuff only that we know works for sure on the B20A so their wont be any trial and error. I will be putting mine in for sure this spring/summer and im going to order my JDM parts soon if not within the next few weeks.

skiingco
01-24-2004, 09:11 PM
You and Yasu have been great with info. I will indeed post some help requests if I put this thing in, plug in the ECU and get nothing. Thanks for the research you have done, you have at least given me hope. When I started this, I had my hopes on the guy staying employed at location of seller to bring in whatever I needed to finish the job, but obviously that did not happen. Locally, I may be able to pull off the shafts, so really all that leaves is the alternator problem, providing the rest of it does not leak or there is major combustion problems. Thanks for the offer on continued tech help. If all works well, I hope I don't have to take you up on the offer, but if I do, please reach out to Yasu and Carrotman if you can. I will share everything we go through so everyone can benefit. Are you interested in seeing pictures?

RobT5580
01-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Sure i wouldnt mind seeing pictures. The only thing i see being a problem right now if you were to drop it in and plug the ECU in is the wiring on the distributor will have to change. Yasu has info on that in his project post and as far as axles if you cant get a intermediate shaft you can just use the stock accord axles. And if you have the intermediate shaft you use two passenger side axles. And the alternator from the old motor works as far as i know and use a Automatic starter for the B20A the 5spd one dont fit.

absolute
01-28-2004, 02:03 PM
so whats the prices on b20's themselves?

skiingco
02-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Rob,

Don't faint, but today I dropped the Gold B20A in my '86 Lude. The good news is that for the most part, the exception being the lower mount on the firewall side, it was for the most part a bolt in. The bad news is the bonehead scammers at Spi sold me the B2K5 bolted to the engine with no flywheel, flywheel bolts and clutch assembly with bolts. Since the starter port is open, because there is no starter, I can see inside to notice what is missing. So, as of right now, I have to get the lower mount, flywheel, clutch assy and I even need the three bolts for the distributor. They packaged a distributor in the crate with the engine, but not the bolts? Also, I can now see my BT Alt and Power Steering are definitely not going to fit. I am going to look at Yasu's thread again, but I thought he went through great pain to install the B20A5 stuff on the B20A. I just want the Alt. and Power Steer that are made for the B20A. Do you think that vendor from your parts thread would be a good source, or would you recommend somewhere else.
I would be indebted if you could share this with Yasu.

I saw the other thread on the flywheel dilemma, so what should I do? How do I figure out what flywheel and clutch fits the B2K5? The bolts for the dist. , fly and clutch will be easy. I took photos of the engine out of the crate and installed in my car. I would like to post them to the thread on a response but I can't figure out how this forum software is set up. Is there a frequent visitor that you know of that can talk me through it so I can share the pictures?
Chris

skiingco
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I forgot to add something. I am looking at the speed sensor, and one thing puzzled me when rebuilding my BT. Why is there a fuel line running through the speed sensor? I ask this, because I am looking for directions on what hole should be connected to the fuel line, and which one should be connected to the Transaxle Fluid cooling line that runs to the radiotor. Chiltons and Haynes were of no help, even for my BT. So, I am afraid what will happen if I connect the fuel source to the coolant line
Chris

RobT5580
02-16-2004, 03:44 PM
If im not mistaken that is for power steering fluid and i know for certain its not fuel. Im almost positive its connected to P/S somehow. I dont have my manual handy but its p/s not either of those two. The lines should be in the engine bay where the old speed sensor was connected or still is.

You will need the JDM rear mount and you can order it from the place yasu found which i posted somewhere in this post from Osaka Japan but shipping is expensive as i recently found they charge about double what it should be.
And you can use a 88-89 prelude B20A5 Flywheel and clutch you may need to grind the bell housing slightly look at Greggs post in this forum on his tranny rebuild. The A20A3 alternator is said to fit the B20A but the power steering pump wont unless you make a custom bracket. The belts and bolts are all minor and sure you can get them local from Honda and parts stores. But you main issue now will be the rear mount.

skiingco
02-16-2004, 03:51 PM
You are the man. I should have known why it was red. Ok, so one is definitely P/S and the other is fuel. Where in the world would I go to find out which one hooks up to P/S and which one is fuel? A20A3? The A20A5 is the USDM for 88-90 Accord, what is the A20A3?
Chris

Gregg86DX
02-16-2004, 04:05 PM
The thread about flywheels is here: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27316

I paid $40 for the flywheel ('88 Prelude SI) from a local junkyard and they included the bolts (I asked and they threw them in). The flywheel bolts are kinda unusual so you might want to try and get them like I did rather than buying new ones from honda. I think the alternator is the same as any Accord LXi. The starter from an Automatic 3g Accord is exactly the same as the B20A (I verified this).

Good luck man, it will be worth it in the end! :cheers:

RobT5580
02-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I still dont know what your are reffering to with the fuel line. The only line you have for fuel goes to the fuel rail from the fuel filter then back to the tank from there. And A20A3 engine code is from the 86-89 Accord Fuel Injected models.

skiingco
02-16-2004, 05:14 PM
The speed sensor has three holes in it. One is the speedometir cable, one for P/S and a third one, which I think is for fuel return line. What I am missing is a cross section of where the two fluid holes lead to in the speed sensor. I can tell it is mounted in the bell housing, but even with the transaxle out, you can see what the speed sensor guts are without removing it. I would have simply ran the same holes on the B20 now that it is in my car, but I now doubt if I had them hooked up right with my BT in.
Chris

RobT5580
02-17-2004, 09:49 AM
The speed sensor only has PS fluid running through it for sure i asked steve (88Lxi68) today to be sure because i knew he would know where they went since he just did his engine swap this past summer. So you better get a better manual probably the OEM HONDA Service book that shows you pretty much everything you need to know.

skiingco
02-17-2004, 07:50 PM
ooohh, that is not good. Now I am concerned. Where would I be able to get one other than the dealership?

RobT5580
02-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Im not sure what you did with the old lines for your old speed sensor? But i would do a post in the technical forum maybe someone can post some pictures to show you where they connect to. I have the Honda manual (not handy) but i dont have the time to get it and look through it right now. But i would do a post and ask for pictures if need be someone will know where they go i just dont remember off hand since i left my old speed sensor connected when i replaced my engine before.

thegreatdane
09-29-2004, 11:14 AM
New source for B20A water pumps and timing belts :http://www.japanparts.it/index.html

Direct link to catalogue: http://www.japanparts.it/japan/INDEX.htm

SHURIK
10-07-2004, 09:21 PM
yea the speed sensor gose in a loop one power steering line gose in the other comes out and gose back to powersteering rack . i bet u wana know why well when ur doing a buck somthing the speed sensor cuts ur power steering cause at high speeds u dont need it at all and u probly have a carbed lude thats why u have extra fule lines all over the place
and honestly plz dont conect any ful lines to the speed sensor cause gas will kill the seal and u will be fuckt

great86er
10-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Can anyone direct me to a site or get me a number for a B20 and transaxle for an 86 Lx. any help would be great. Thanks

Pro_Mod_Accord
09-28-2005, 10:23 AM
12:1 Compression ratio.....send me his info...I would consider that....would mod the internals anyways..

Pro_Mod_Accord
09-28-2005, 10:46 AM
12:1 Compression ratio.....send me his info...I would consider that....would mod the internals anyways..

neremon
05-28-2006, 12:17 AM
I have accord 88 EX 2L carb. Automatic, and i have some proplems with it so I need to change the moter with the transmission to 1.8L ...
I need your help, what is the best motors would be berfect to my accord w/o any modification in the mounting or any thing, just to remove the old one and install the new one

Kabuki
05-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey, Dane... I see your catalog there... But I can't find any timing belts on it for the Accord B20A. I also see that the part number for the B20A water pump you guys need is the 19200-PH3-010. Which is the same part number used on the 3G Prelude Carbed engine. So that should be readily available. If it's not, I can send them to whoever needs it. Also, what is the part number and dimensions on the timing belt in question? Or, would someone post a pic of the Unitta label on the belt and I'll read it myself?

carotman
05-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah the water pump can be bought locally. I haven't been able to find a 133 teeth timing belt so far.

Kabuki
05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Hmmm.... I'm on it!

Versanick
06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I use the 127-tooth gator belt (as opposed to I think the 128 tooth honda one, or maybe it was also 127), which is approximately what the gold top requires. As long as the distance between teeth is the same, the number of teeth is null. You could use a 150-tooth belt if you could make sure you get tension on it.

I looked around, and couldn't find anything that would fit. At first. The belt is supposed to have 25mm between each tooth (or maybe it was 24.5? I forget. we figured it out at some point). So the gator belt I got is 31/32" It's damn close, and close enough so that when I put the belts next to each other, the devices of nature that God (or whatever) had bestowed on me could not tell the difference in the distance between teeth on the two belts.

Autozone cross-referenced (as advance cannot) the distance between teeth (they just looked and found 31/32, and I said sure I'll try it, and voila, it works excellent)... and after tensioning it and firing, it's exactly like I wanted it to be.

They may have a 31/32" honda belt with more teeth. It's worth a look. I can check next time I'm at auto zone, or anyone can even call and find out. Good luck.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a stock B20a timing blet it like new i don't need it i used the belt from the H23 and it works good for me.

carotman
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Really. I couldn'T find a timing belt that matched the B20A.

So a H23A belt works on a stock B20A? Interesting!

87accord porject
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
ok guys i have a ? for dose any body know if i can put a h22 in my 87 accord hach if what kid of mods am i going to have to do...........

A18A
06-13-2007, 01:14 AM
^lol

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-13-2007, 08:20 AM
^lol
X2

2drSE-i
06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
twice in one thread....

anubix
10-04-2007, 12:41 AM
a new reccord!

AccordB20A
10-04-2007, 01:34 AM
i read in this thread that b20a with engine number 15xxxxxx is a gold top and 16xxxx is a blacktop....... my 1st 1986 ca3 had a gold top with a 16xxxxxx engine number and EGR.. huh 2 that?