PDA

View Full Version : Remote Wire

88BlackEXi
05-18-2002, 06:39 PM
Anyone know how and what fuse to hook up the remote wire from my amp? Im new at installs, and i can do everything ok so far except for that, which fuse do i hook it up to and how?

SteveDX89
05-18-2002, 06:43 PM
Does the head unit you are using have an antenna power on lead? If so that's where you hook it up. If you don't have an antenna lead on your head unit, you have to hook it up into your ignition. I wired mine up with the wipers and am having no trouble. If you do it this way, you're amp will only turn on when the key is the "on" position. You can pull the fuse and stick the wire in the slot where the fuse goes and then put the fuse back in. The fuse should hold it. You might also want to hard wire it somewhere. Mine is hooked up temporarily like that until I get a new head unit.

87AccordsterLx
05-18-2002, 08:42 PM
well I may be wrong but when I did my install there was a remote wire coming out of my deck that was for the amp... Its a sony CDX-M620... Thats just what I remember... I would think that you could connect it to the accessories wire that goes into the deck you have now... the fuse would be the same thing just more wiring....

Lockey
05-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Dont use the power antenna wire if you have a remote dedicaded one(or running more then one amp) the reason is that you can blow the ic in your head unit becasue the power antenna only draws low amps but running a couple of amps will pull more and cause the headunit to stop working.

another way to wire it up is to run a power wire from the power to the amp and have a switch on it from the dash etc... i did this so i could turn off the subs(before i had seperate sub controls) from the dash...hamndy when you get light dimming :)

rgbpmp
05-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Idealy you should have a constant power lead to the amp, strait from the battery (fused of course). Then you should have a remote wire. Which is the wire that turns on the amp. The cd deck would send power to the amp via the remote lead to turn it on. So the remote wire could be hooked up to a wire that is only activated when the ignition is on. The best way, like someone already said, is to hook it up to the remote output on your cd deck. It usually is a blue wire. Hooking it up to the deck allows the ignition to be on, but if the stereo if off, the amp wont turn on and waste power.

87AccordsterLx
05-23-2002, 09:17 PM
:D ... there ya have it... also... if your deck has the RCA cables for subs then you definitly have a remote wire back there...

pimping89lxi
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
:bandit:

If its a new Stereo that you are installing you have to have a remote turn on lead in the back of the head unit! It should be the Blue one! Almost all the stereos now have it, unless you went with a Cheap Cheap Cheap no name brand unit that you got at the Swap meet! Then to you i say.. why the heck do you want to bump that??????