PDA

View Full Version : fender bender

johndej
12-13-2002, 01:30 PM
ok, i just got home from school. while at the school........ i backed into a mits. eclipse :( . see, there is this little one way (but everyone just cuts through the other way anyway) section in our parking lot and i have a spot on the side of that. well, i look left *the eclipse is at the other end of the run making the turn towards me*, then look right *a girl is walking to the left, i see her stop and go to walk around, out of my way (she just crosses the street where she is instead of walking behind me). i start to back up*. *bam* the eclipse had come behind me and stopped for the girl crossing. well, the accord is fine but the eclipse has a demple dent in the front fender and there is spot where it rubs on the door when it opens and closed. the guy doesn't want to take it to inshurance or anything cause he doesn't want his rates up (and hes modified his car too) and we exchanged names/numbers and he said he would call. now i'm wondering if i'm at fault in this, and if i, what would be an estimant for fixing the stuff i described on his car?

Scorpion88LX
12-13-2002, 01:45 PM
your at fault, and if it's just the fender that he is getting fixed it's not to bad money wise but the door will be expensive.

johndej
12-13-2002, 03:33 PM
well, if it did go anywhere then there is the technicality that he was going the wrong way in a one way section. but i don't think that that would fly cause i was backing out to go that way myself.

flamed89
12-13-2002, 05:03 PM
well dude if you end up having to pay for i can do the work cheap,but he'll have to bring the car to me and be with out it for a while.you will have to get someone else to do the paint work though cause i don't have anywhere to paint at!

johndej
02-04-2003, 01:24 PM
alright, the guy finnaly got around to getting an estimate. where ever he went told him fucking $540 :eek:. all that for a little dent where the door closes and another dent that looks like someone threw a baseball into the side (can't be more than like a 5in circle dempel thing). anyone think thats what it should cost ? i hope he isn't trying to rip me off on it (if he is i'll tell him to take it to another shop). he didn't say where he got the estimate done.