PDA

View Full Version : Choke...

goldyaccord
12-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Um... How do I take out the choke and the linkages referring to it?

I got acouple of screws off but there's one more that i can see but i cant get to it.

Anyone know what i'm talking about?

A20A1
12-13-2002, 11:55 PM
yes... the screw is behind the electric choke cover. drill the rivets out but mark the cover so it can be reinstalled at the same angle as before.

or you can use my method and snap the last screw off where the choke assembly meets the carb body... the casting is pretty weak in that area.
on the other side where the choke puller is be careful removing that because there is an o-ring sealing off an internal vacuum passage. I suggest you replace the o-ring... though a rebuild kit should come with one.

are you rebuilding the carb?

goldyaccord
12-14-2002, 01:14 AM
No. I got the wrong kit.. i duno why. but i took everything apart and submerged it in solvent and cleaned everything with a toothbrush.. reassembled it and it's readdy to be put back on the motor.

Now, that i know how to get rid of the choke.. i'll do it first thing in the morning... I got a drill so i'll just drill out the rivets. The choke is crap anyways, I broke something in the black cover so... eh.

who cares.. I like the look of a naked carb. :)

thanks!

goldyaccord
12-14-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm Pleased to say i got the Choke off! did in 2 mins flat. just drilled out the rivets.. unscrewed two screws, and unscrewed the choke flap and took it out.

:D

Thanks for all your help!

Josh