PDA

View Full Version : Best wax/most shine

AccordEpicenter
12-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey guys whats the best wax to use? Ive been using Mothers pure carnauba wax and it seems to last a long time and it shines decent. Whats the best wax for giving shine? My car is black... shinier the better

pmip
12-13-2002, 10:56 PM
Zaino

Blue Impact
12-13-2002, 11:38 PM
I think the best wax I've ever used was Meguiar Gold Class. It costed almost 11 bucks for a bottle, but it was worth it cuz the wax not only protects, but they are tough, meaning they stay on for a hella long time.

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Meguiars Gold Class is some good azz stuff!! I'd get the paste wax though instead of the liquid. Paste is better, and tougher, IMO and from what I've heard from other peeps

:)

Y3G
12-14-2002, 09:34 AM
meguiars buffing compound
meguiars cleaner wax
meguiars show car glaze

do this and your car will look like glass

Neuspeed87lx
12-14-2002, 11:48 AM
i forgot the name of it but it is the polish that comes with the little color crayon type thing that fills in the deeper scratches...the wax comes in different colors ..you get the color that matches your car .. it works well and has a nice shine

Blue Impact
12-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
Meguiars Gold Class is some good azz stuff!! I'd get the paste wax though instead of the liquid. Paste is better, and tougher, IMO and from what I've heard from other peeps

:)

Yeah, the paste. That's what I use.

accordboricua
12-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Just use Meguiars in everithing...it's the best U can get. I still have original paint on my lx...I would like to post it but Im not a member. Anyone can do this for me if I send the pic to them? U'll love the car.

Blue Impact
12-15-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by accordboricua
Im not a member.

How come you can post your messages then?

anchovies
12-16-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
How come you can post your messages then?

He meant he's not a foundation member that can post pics.

StUpiD8000
12-17-2002, 08:54 AM
its not really a wax. Its liquid Glass. Its a polish, Its much harder than wax and you must remove all wax befor you us it. You can get it a Autozone. Its bout $18 bucks(worth it) Thers zimbol or zibmol or someting too thats the some type of stuff. Then you us the wax. And yes its Meguiars Gold Class that i us. This give you a much longer shine and the polish makes it ezer to clean.

markmdz89hatch
12-17-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sTuPiD8001
its not really a wax. Its liquid Glass. Its a polish, Its much harder than wax and you must remove all wax befor you us it. You can get it a Autozone. Its bout $18 bucks(worth it) Thers zimbol or zibmol or someting too thats the some type of stuff. Then you us the wax. And yes its Meguiars Gold Class that i us. This give you a much longer shine and the polish makes it ezer to clean.

I agree about that liquid glass. That shit is awesome! I actually use that on my boat, and it shines like there's no tomorrow.

Here's an old thread that I remember from a few months ago where we beat the hell out of the wash/wax subject...

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3647&highlight=wash

Hope it helps!

Grant2k
12-17-2002, 01:54 PM
anything that has pure carnuba in it is best. meguiars is probably the best. Jay, the thing you are talking about is made by Turtle Wax. i hear it works pretty good for small scratches. if i repaint my car i'll start using all this stuff, but as it is now, that car's lucky i wash it.

and accordboricua, you can post pictures with IMG codes, which i am sorry but i don't feel like explaining right now. search for it and you can find a few threads that explain it.

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 09:04 AM
I know a pro detailer, he does all sorts of exotic and ultra lux cars you can check out his site http://www.scottwax.com he told me his secret wax that he uses on all of his high end cars.

Guru Reports tested 46 different waxes and only one got an 'A' for appearance. Not Meguiars, not Pinnacle, not Zymol and not Zainos (all got B to B+ scores). The wax that was top in appearance was P21S, a German wax developed by the same guy who developed Pinnacle Souveran (which runs $69.99 for 8 oz). P21S normally goes for $24.95 through high end automotive shops and on line car care outlets.

The dirty little secret is that the same exact wax is sold at Harley-Davidson dealers under the name S100 for $14.95. The wax is the same, the container is the same except for the name of the product. The only reason I can think of it being cheaper is that one container could probably wax a bike more than 50 times, so the average bike owner would never come close to using a whole jar of it and probably wouldn't pay full price for something they will never use all of.

here is a pic of his 90 accord with Pinnacle Souveran ($70)
http://www.scottwax.com/images/Pinnacle_shine1_website.jpg

and here is a pic of his car with the S100 ($15)
http://www.scottwax.com/images/shine/p21s_s100_shine_v2.0.jpg

Let me tell you it works! I have used it on my VR4 and my friends mustang (havent done my accord yet) and this is hands down the best wax that I have used. I used to use Meguiars mirror glaze (meguiars professional line of waxes) and the difference is dramatic!

BTW, each jar is 6.2 oz and should be enough to wax your car at least 25-30 times. It goes on like warm butter and practically wipes off. Easiest stuff to use evar and it won't turn trim white or leave any white crap in you emblems or between body panels.

Also, you can get it here- http://www.hawg-wash.com/s100pastewax.html if you dont have a local Harley dealer.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
12-18-2002, 05:56 PM
I've had good results with Klasse. The stuff makes your car shiny and last a very long time. Most of the commercial wax that I have purchased at local auto stores didn't last too long 1-2 months at most.

This stuff has lasted about 5 months on my car so far. One thing to note, you have to clay the exterior to remove the industrial fall out and oxidation on the paint.

Claude

Y3G
12-21-2002, 12:48 PM
i use all the meguires pro line(the stuff they use in the shops that you can't normaly buy in the stores)