PDA

View Full Version : Windows fog up

BMS
12-14-2002, 12:46 AM
Well, the rains finally got here an it's cold cold cold outside. Every single time I get into my car every window is fogged over. I can use the defroster on the front and back, but I can't see out the side at all. I have four glazed windows. Anybody else with this problem?

anchovies
12-14-2002, 01:01 AM
The side of the door should have defrosters also. Close the side vents to speed it up. I know my car is always fogged up, and is the only car in the parking lot that does it. Most probably all the moisture is inside from me opening the window to smoke everytime I drive :D

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-14-2002, 01:01 AM
Mine is like that too. It's normal condensation that any car would get in humid weather. Just be sure you're using FRESH instead of REC, otherwise it might have the opposite effect. Or just roll all the windows down, lol :lol

Coroncho80
12-14-2002, 01:48 AM
Same situation here bro. What I did was turn the corner vents pointing to the windows and it works like charm. :D

pmip
12-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
Same situation here bro. What I did was turn the corner vents pointing to the windows and it works like charm. :D

Yeah, I did the same thing. It works great.

Bobs89LXi
12-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Another method of quickly defogging the windows and keeping them that way is to turn on the A/C if you have one. The condenser coils de-humidify the air. All the newer Hondas with A/C automatically turn it on when you go to the defrost setting. It will work at the hot as well as the cold setting

BMS
12-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Sounds good. I'll try pointing the corner vents towards the windows and running the AC. Does anybody know a trick for the rear side windows? When it's raining my side rear-view mirrors are useless to try to look through, and I can't look over my shoulder through foggy windows. Any ideas?

Blue Impact
12-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80

Smart thinking. That's what I'm doing too and yes, it works like charm.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-15-2002, 12:55 AM
There is also this anti-fog crap for your windows so they don't fog up.. the same company that makes rain-X who makes it or you can just stop breathing..... Go to any store that sells car products to get it works good

anchovies
12-15-2002, 01:15 AM
I've tried that. It leave swirl marks on the wind shield. It does fog up sometimes even with it on when it's really cold, and it fogs up as swirl marks. And yes, I've applied it and rub it countless times, but the swirl marks are still there. You can see it when driving against the sun and it makes it more difficult to drive.