PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Appearance Mods???

Nate2310
12-14-2002, 05:39 PM
What are some cheap or free mods to make the car look better???

Neuspeed87lx
12-14-2002, 07:51 PM
umm lower it ... wash it ? rims if you can get a good deal

Defiant[YD]
12-14-2002, 07:57 PM
fogs...
maybe a new bumper grill from home depot? :D

and make sure ur bumper isn't saggin, don't forget about rust.:crying:

Blue Impact
12-14-2002, 11:07 PM
Wash and wax?

anchovies
12-14-2002, 11:21 PM
powerpuff girl stickers :D

whiteboy
12-15-2002, 02:05 PM
clear blinkers, red tails, 4th gen spoiler

n88accordLX-i
12-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Most cheap appearance mods end up looking cheesy, AKA, L.E.D window squirters and misc. L.E.D's, but if you just want the car to look cleaner, detail it real nice, lots of little things can make a big difference, like clear bumper lights, clean up your black trim, paint the tailights, get rid of rust, tire shine, clean the wheels good(even if stock)

slammedLXI
12-15-2002, 03:24 PM
.... buy a few cans on spray paint... paint interior and exterior accessories...

Hondaqueen
12-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Hey can someone tell me, how you paint tail lights, iwould like to do that too, but not sure how! Thanks!

Nospeed
12-15-2002, 04:12 PM
yeah, there is a whole section on the how-to's... here is the link (http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=20) :tongue:

Nate2310
12-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Hey my front bumber sags, how do I fix this??? and i'm gonna clear my bumber lenses

87DXHatch
12-15-2002, 05:55 PM
I've had enough... I'm sorry... but...

BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER BUMPER

NOT "Bumber"... this goes for everyone else who writes "bumber" insted of "bumPer"...

I don't know why, but this one little word just drive me crazy :D

Oh yeah, some cheap mods:

Go to Wal-mart and get some colored plastic (I took a portfolio thing and cut it up) and tape it down inside your dome light. Then when the light comes on, cool red/blue/green/etc. light floods the car instead of yellowish. That's a nice one.

Also, take the piece of metal around the clock, and sand it for like 10 hours with a million different kinds of paper, getting finer and finer. It gets really glossy chrome looking. pretty cool.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Anyone know how to fix a sagging bumper? Mine sags just a little bit from morons that lean or sit on it. I tell them hey want me to jump on your hood???!!!

Mike89Accordcom
12-15-2002, 06:23 PM
Clear your bumper lenses, paint your tailights, get a banner, get sidemarkers, emblems, foglights......

89AccordNate
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Heres a good mod.....how about half of you REDUCE your signatures so I dont have to scroll through 15 pages of crappy mods before I see a real post!!

Yea, it makes your car faster, so do it.

Nate.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Mine is actually pretty small for how many mods I have done. Is there a .5 or .75 font I could use to make it a little smaller?

3rdGenMartyr
12-15-2002, 10:40 PM
i know its been asked a couple of times already, with no reply so here it goes.........................HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIX A SAGGING BUMPER........lol

Defiant[YD]
12-15-2002, 10:51 PM
i think almost all our cars will have sagging bumpers if not maintained. my orginal bumper was starting to sag, but then i got into an accident and poof... problem solved...

but now the stupid mutherf*cking shop that "fixed" it used a coupe bumper on my damn sedan so one side is fixed tight up to the headlight, while on the left side, i can fit all my fingers between the headlight and the bumper. and i forgot to mention that that idiot put a starting to rust white 86 headlight on my blue 89 accord. :mad:

anchovies
12-16-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by 3rdGenMartyr
i know its been asked a couple of times already, with no reply so here it goes.........................HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIX A SAGGING BUMPER........lol

Loosen the bolts then push the bumper up and tighten the bolts back again. See if that helps.

Grant2k
12-16-2002, 07:51 AM
like n88accordLX-i said, cheap mods will probably look cheap. just be careful
as for a sagging bumper, it might be rust of the actual bumper itself, so take off the cover and assess the situation in there.

and Mike's89AccordLX, you don't have to list all your "mods" in your signature.