PDA

View Full Version : for sale: bisimoto cam near new regrind

rice_cracker
10-17-2014, 12:34 AM
Anybody want to buy a Bismoto Stage 2 reground camshaft for A-series? It has had no more use than being broken in, some idling on a new engine, and maybe 1km around the block. I need a wilder cam for my webers engine build. I do not need this. It is actually fairly mild, similar to stage 1 spec of other grinds (been wondering if they sent me a stage 1 instead). This would be good to pull a bit more power from a mostly stock or mild modded engine, maybe header+exhaust, will retain a stock like idle and give a little boost in higher rpms. A little higher lift than stock, more obvious increase in duration than stock. I have measurements on this cam too if you're interested.

Located in Australia. I paid $249 (plus supplied the cam). Make me an offer. I will ship to anywhere. May consider a swap for other parts.

EDIT: If you want I can throw in some bisimoto USA style license plate holders and signed photos of Bisi Ezerioha... lol

So who wants to grab my shaft?????

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt165/zoldrin/13042011008.jpg

*********** EDIT ***********

Guys I will accept any reasonable offer for the above listed cam shaft. I will now also include a free (good but lightly used) bisimoto thermal insulating intake manifold gasket for A20. Come on get yourself some aftermarket swag for your Accord - cam would be a suitable performance upgrade for a stock or mild engine (ie. with sports header + exhaust).

rice_cracker
11-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Come one guys. Practically new Bisimoto Cam. Free Bisimoto thermal insulating intake manifold gasket. Free merchandise. I will consider any reasonable offer. payed $249 for the grind plus supplied core. Just name me a price??? Will ship to anywhere in the most economical way possible. Cheers.

JSmythe
11-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Come one guys. Practically new Bisimoto Cam. Free Bisimoto thermal insulating intake manifold gasket. Free merchandise. I will consider any reasonable offer. payed $249 for the grind plus supplied core. Just name me a price??? Will ship to anywhere in the most economical way possible. Cheers.

Fits an EK1?

Any videos of it running?

rice_cracker
11-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Should fits any 3gee accord or 2g prelude engine except for the b20a goldtop (obviously).

Videos running:

1983 Honda Prelude, A20 twin Weber DCOE45s Third Start - YouTube (http://youtu.be/dqgf8O_5dy4)

other videos in my youtube account take a look.

2oodoor
11-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Pretty swaggerly set up there-! :)

rice_cracker
11-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Pretty swaggerly set up there-! :)

Thanks buddy

89akord
11-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Still availible?

rice_cracker
11-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Still availible?

yes I got your pm

lostforawhile
11-18-2014, 06:45 PM
good deal, but will be too mild for what I'm building

Hazwan
11-19-2014, 04:13 AM
What are you building?

lostforawhile
11-19-2014, 02:23 PM
What are you building?

high compression head,big carbs, port work, hot ignition, header, full exhaust, methanol injection to compensate for the crap gas, I know I had talked to someone at delta and he recommended their stage 2 or 3, I want to keep the power band streetable though, I think their stage 2 is more aggressive then the Bisi, this will not be a nice mild engine when I'm done

rice_cracker
11-19-2014, 11:48 PM
And thread jack of the year award goes to...

Hazwan buy my cam ya duffer!

lostforawhile
11-20-2014, 04:55 PM

Hazwan buy my cam ya duffer!not trying to hijack your thread, just answering why it wouldn't work in my setup, bump for a good cam at a great price though

Hazwan
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM

Hazwan buy my cam ya duffer!

I would if I have spare cash at the moment! I hope it would still be available early next year

rice_cracker
11-21-2014, 12:38 AM
No probs man. That's why it wont work in my setup too. Guys this cam would be appropriate to perk up an otherwise stock engine with maybe upgraded exhaust etc.

Lost hows all your anodised ally fitting
going?

not trying to hijack your thread, just answering why it wouldn't work in my setup, bump for a good cam at a great price though

Beck5953
11-21-2014, 10:01 AM
So this would liven up my race car a little bit? Basically open header, otherwise stock. Does the idle still sound stock? Im in 5000-7000 on the track so i need top end power. How much power would it add on an almost stock a20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rice_cracker
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
That's impossible for anyone to answer. It has stock like idle. It will move the power band up a bit. The better flowing your intake and exhaust are the more power a cam can free you up. Put it this way. If you have stock valves stock head stock induction and just open headers you'd be sorely disappointed putting much of a bigger cam than this and it could do more harm than good.

lostforawhile
11-24-2014, 11:30 PM
So this would liven up my race car a little bit? Basically open header, otherwise stock. Does the idle still sound stock? Im in 5000-7000 on the track so i need top end power. How much power would it add on an almost stock a20?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDelta has a stage 3 which is race only, it moves the powerband up a lot, but your idle will suffer, but a race doesnt car doesnt need much idle anyway haha

Beck5953
11-25-2014, 07:09 PM
That's impossible for anyone to answer. It has stock like idle. It will move the power band up a bit. The better flowing your intake and exhaust are the more power a cam can free you up. Put it this way. If you have stock valves stock head stock induction and just open headers you'd be sorely disappointed putting much of a bigger cam than this and it could do more harm than good.

So would you recommend this cam for my application? I just want a little more power. Im not expecting anything extreme.

lostforawhile
11-25-2014, 08:21 PM
So would you recommend this cam for my application? I just want a little more power. Im not expecting anything extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthe proper cam depends strictly on your application, if you are running a race car where you run in the higher rpm range all the time, then maby a delta stage 3, but for different Rpm ranges you need different cams, it depends on where in the rpm rang you need the powerband

Beck5953
11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
the proper cam depends strictly on your application, if you are running a race car where you run in the higher rpm range all the time, then maby a delta stage 3, but for different Rpm ranges you need different cams, it depends on where in the rpm rang you need the powerband

I am running between 5500-7000 rpm on the track. So probably stage 3?

2oodoor
11-26-2014, 05:20 PM
I am running between 5500-7000 rpm on the track. So probably stage 3?

I wouldn't do it if it's going to cause you to have to feather the throttle ansd risk breakng loose. Being able to keep WOT and drive is an advantage.

lostforawhile
11-26-2014, 06:44 PM
there are so many variables, you need to do some research, dirt is different then asphalt, length of track,banking etc, etc, just too many things to make a call without a lot more information

rice_cracker
12-05-2014, 01:31 AM
You are not mentioning that a cam optimized for high rpm performance relies on the head being able to flow sufficient air/fuel. Without being able to flow better you aren't making any power in that rpm range. A stock head will bottleneck the cam potential. In my opinion putting a wild race cam on a stock head is a bad idea regardless of desired rpm operation without supporting mods including induction, exhaust, valves, porting, etc. Also higher flow needs greater amounts of fuel hence need for induction upgrade.
Can't put one or two race parts on a stock engine to make it a race engine (even if you race with it) basically - it must be the whole ensemble playing together.

obdriver6
12-08-2014, 06:26 PM
I think the only reason this hasn't sold yet is due to the shipping.

SovietSuperSoldier
12-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Im interested. I wonder how much the shipping is to AZ??

rice_cracker
12-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Im interested. I wonder how much the shipping is to AZ??

Guys I wanna make a good deal here i'm sure the end deal is going to more than compensate shipping cost.

Make offers. I need this gone. I will get an indicative shipping cost.

rice_cracker
12-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I checkes my original invoice. It was us$249 for the grind. $89 shipping for the cam plus valve spring set from california to melbourne. I think the shipping would be a fair bit less if it were cam only since it would be sent in a small postage tube. Plus buyer of my cam is only paying shipping one direction not sensing a core in and paying for return. So bearing this in mind and that I supplied a good core make me an offer and I will get accurate postage cost.

tommylee
01-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Is it sold?