PDA

View Full Version : How can i beat a lancer

Accord7SE_i
12-15-2002, 09:05 PM
damit this guy i know has a lancer. He thinks he is so cool and i feel do down about my car!!!! what can i do to beat the guy? I already have a intake what else under $200.00 that would give me little more hp to the wheels!!!!!:sadwave: :pissed: :ego:

socal3rdgen
12-15-2002, 09:20 PM
custom cat-back. 75-100 for mandrel-bent custom 2.25" piping. and 100 for any muffler that fits that price range. however a lot of ppl with 3rd gens have the dynomax super turbo. i have one and i like it. the muffler had great ratings in a car mag before compared to ohters. go for it.

Grant2k
12-16-2002, 06:56 AM
mandrel bending for $75-100? where?

toastyghost
12-16-2002, 07:17 AM
Buy a CHEVY :D

ACCORD EX
12-16-2002, 09:45 AM
is the lancer that powerful ! :huh:

MIKE

3rd GEN
12-16-2002, 11:00 AM
they are pretty quick...

Grant2k
12-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
is the lancer that powerful ! :huh:

MIKE
if it's a turbo it is.

Blue Impact
12-16-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Accord7SE_i
damit this guy i know has a lancer. He thinks he is so cool and i feel do down about my car!!!! what can i do to beat the guy? I already have a intake what else under $200.00 that would give me little more hp to the wheels!!!!!:sadwave: :pissed: :ego:

You can beat the guy with the intake, but it's not gonna be a good ass whupping compared to a Louisville Slugger. I mean, go buy a ball bat and challenge him again, but this time, in a duel. haha. Know what I'm saying? :D

Jerren
12-16-2002, 12:46 PM
i was gonna suggest that you invest in a different car to beat a lancer.

89accordboi
12-16-2002, 12:50 PM
yeah i honestly doubt u will beat a lancer with just an intake and a catback exhaust,

Nospeed
12-16-2002, 12:54 PM
How would you know accordboi?? all you do is ask how to do shit. you never search, you just always ask. you've been on here a month after me, and you already have a post count higher than mine. JUST BY ASKING DUMBASS QUESTIONS!! you dont know shit. get a life...and look in the faq's, or the how-to's for once.:mad: :rant:

EDIT>>> where the hell is nate to help me out with this one??:stick: :burn:

Jerren
12-16-2002, 12:58 PM
and you are attacking him because?

smufguy
12-16-2002, 12:58 PM
the newest lancer has the specs of the following

Horsepower 120 @ 5500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 130 @ 4250 RPM

and to note its a 2.0L SOHC engine. But the compression ratio is 9.5 but it does redline at 6k.

The Mirage wheezed to 60 mph in 9.4 seconds while the Lancer bests that time by a half-second. The Lancer sprints to 100 in 28.9 seconds, almost two seconds faster than the Mirage - Car and Driver.

thing to beware

The U.S.-spec model will get the same rally-proven turbocharged 2.0-liter in-line four, although power will be reduced about five horses from the Japanese-spec car's claimed 280 to about 275 horsepower at 6500 rpm. The Japanese versions have 285 pound-feet of torque at 3500 rpm, and the word from inside Mitsubishi suggests torque will be down slightly in the U.S. model, too. - Car and Driver

BLck89accord
12-16-2002, 01:54 PM
why is accordboi being attacked all of a sudden. He says one thing and BAM. He was just stating and opinion, so dont be a prick and jump off the ledge with the assumption that he doesn't know shit. Nobody wants to hear some assholish remark when they ask a question. Thats one of the reasons that we are so lucky to have this board...to have our questions answered. Its true that you should search for the answer before asking, but for God's sake, don't bite the dude's head off.

HondaBoy
12-16-2002, 05:11 PM
if u have ever drove a car that had the engine "broken in" correctly, then i think the lancer can be pretty quick. i have my 3gee that was aparently done just right. the engine revs quickly. i have drove 3 accords, same body style, and they were slower. i could be i just take car of my car well. this may sound retarded, but a change in tranny fluid, oils, and other fluids can actually make a slight difference. i found that valvoline does a good job at makeing the engine easyer to rev faster. not shur on wut weigh it was, but i noticed a slight difference. now if u wanna do a new ignition, i like the MSD with bosch single tip platinum plugs with 9.3mm wires. try the ignition. it will looks cool, help the car run better, and increase gas mileage from wut i have observed.

89accordboi
12-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Nospeed
How would you know accordboi?? all you do is ask how to do shit. you never search, you just always ask. you've been on here a month after me, and you already have a post count higher than mine. JUST BY ASKING DUMBASS QUESTIONS!! you dont know shit. get a life...and look in the faq's, or the how-to's for once.:mad: :rant:

EDIT>>> where the hell is nate to help me out with this one??:stick: :burn:

wow i didnt know it was such a fucking sin to not use the search engine, im just trying to learn the most i can and get to know other people and there opinions, i would like for poeple to know my name on here so when i ask something they wont just ignore me, that way i can have a sense of popularity u know, so when i have problems people will respond with legit answers, and so when i gain a good amount of knowledge i can help OTHER people and get a good Thanks 89accordboi! out of them, i want to take other peoples roles in this forum so i can help the "newbies" as well.

pmip
12-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by BLck89accord
why is accordboi being attacked all of a sudden. He says one thing and BAM. He was just stating and opinion, so dont be a prick and jump off the ledge with the assumption that he doesn't know shit. Nobody wants to hear some assholish remark when they ask a question. Thats one of the reasons that we are so lucky to have this board...to have our questions answered. Its true that you should search for the answer before asking, but for God's sake, don't bite the dude's head off.

I don't really think Nospeed was replying only to accordboi's post in this thread, lots of people are getteng annoyed with his posting in general. Every thing he posts is "how can I make my car faster", "I'm going to sell my car to buy a faster car", etc. Not only that, he'll ask a question someplace, get a lot of good answers, then ask the same question again (without even seeming to notice the other replies). Lately, I have to say he's been getting better, but it's still annoying people.

Jerren
12-16-2002, 05:44 PM
i'm more than willing to answer the same question 10,000 times. what do you think mechanics do everyday. or other people who work in customer service. they get the same shit everyday but they have no problem with it. so yes the faq's is nice but info changes and if the faq's aren't updated that will make the info inaccurate. so keep asking those questions accordboi. thats the only way you will learn man.

smufguy
12-16-2002, 07:20 PM
easy here boys. U dont wanna get snobbed. like i always say, watch what you say. If ur really pissed and annoyed at someone, just pm him and bash him off. You dont have to start a fight in a thread. Lately ppl have become extremely distateful against each other. I know accordboi and that f20 dude from texas (forgot his name) are branded as stpuid. But its not true. IF someone is ignorant, let him know. Tell him to do his research and study. I understand why ppl get pissed off cause i was in their places once, I get annoyed looking at posts being made concerning the same topic multiple times by the same user. What you dont understand is that you loose the Newbies who join. You make them put in one thing under search and million threads pop up which honest to god overwhelmes u. Who is paying for all the bandwith? Its Marc.

To add up all this, use ur damn pm if you wanna fucking fight. People dont wanna read what your frizzly mind wanna say about someone else. Cause you say one thing about someone, and believe it or not, there will be 5 guys on your ass. This goes to everyone who wants to trash someone.

PS: accordboi, i like ur cool. dont loose it.

ACCORD EX
12-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jerren
i'm more than willing to answer the same question 10,000 times. what do you think mechanics do everyday. or other people who work in customer service. they get the same shit everyday but they have no problem with it. so yes the faq's is nice but info changes and if the faq's aren't updated that will make the info inaccurate. so keep asking those questions accordboi. thats the only way you will learn man.

well said man !
i 've been on the board for more than a year now ! and i never get sick with repeated question ! because i asked them once when i was new ! just remember that you weren't born a mechanic or has knowledge to these stuff !
that reminds of ! " what is a flipped lid " question which was asked 1000000000000000000 times ! and i was one of who asked that when i was new !

so take it easy NOSPEED ! and if you are bored out from the same question just don't reply ! or you are jelous from the post count :tongue: ;) :D

MIKE

Blue Impact
12-17-2002, 01:24 PM

I agree. The reason for having a board like this is so people can ask questions. C'mon, not everyone wants to read the FAQ like the long list of mods in some people's signature. I think some of you need to give him a break for asking too much. I mean, it's cool if he really doesn't know and he keeps on asking. I don't see anything wrong with that, although most of what he asks may be stupid.

Toby
12-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Accord7SE_i

a big ass aluminium spoiler they add about 50HP :D :lol

Project-LXi
12-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
the newest lancer has the specs of the following

Horsepower 120 @ 5500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 130 @ 4250 RPM

and to note its a 2.0L SOHC engine. But the compression ratio is 9.5 but it does redline at 6k.

Ok so I guess the question would be how much does it wiegh?

A20A3:
2.0 12V SOHC PGM-FI
120hp @ 5500rpm
114tq @ 4500rpm

If the lancer wieghs significantly more than your SE-i you might be able to beat him stock vs stock.

hoho1217
12-18-2002, 09:20 PM
u want cheap power??

get a downpipe or testpipe, i GUARENTEE you u'll feel some power gain from this cheap mod. u should be able to get one installed for less than 100 easy, but finding the part might be hard.

goldyaccord
12-18-2002, 11:02 PM

I agree. There not a problem with these questions..

Everyone will be doin it when they are new to the scene. I suggest you guys be patient. There's no need to form harsh opinions. If boi seems to be annoying.. so what. everyone can be annoying to a certain degree. but i can be annoying too. Just depends on how u guys look at it.

Example, Think about nates comments.. i would tend to think that he's mean. but i know his nature, thats just the way he is and i dont have a problem with it.

I may somewhat be drifting away from the point... but Refrain from making an opinoin that would cut down. if he's annoying, shut up about it. and let it go, i garrantee it'll die down.

Josh

BensAccordLxi
12-19-2002, 07:33 AM
I think you should race the Lancer regardless. If you win, cool, if you get your ass handed to you, it'll get you motavated more to get shit done to your car. I did that, now I have a B16 and I whoop on those people I used to race.

SiCReX
12-19-2002, 08:48 AM
ummm the guy me and my girl bought the crx from bought a brand new lancer and I raced it in my car, they are pretty fucking slow!

safeel
12-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Are u guys talking about the Mitsubishi lancer Eolution cos those would piss all over a 3g. they hav like 240bhp 4WD. lol

safeel
12-20-2002, 03:49 PM
*thats Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
sorry.

safeel
12-20-2002, 04:01 PM
hy guys, ho u put a image under the post like
"goldyaccord" has a piuc of his car.
not the avatar, i mean the pic under the actuall msg!!

anchovies
12-20-2002, 09:07 PM
The lancer in US is pretty wimpy. Stripped down of what a real mitsubishi evo is all about.

1989 Lxi Coupe
12-20-2002, 10:09 PM
You could get your cam reground. Join that group buy for colt cams. That will give you a nice boost in power for under $200.

SiCReX
12-20-2002, 10:33 PM
I thought cam regrinding was expensive...???

smufguy
12-21-2002, 10:37 AM
yo project lxi, the torque is not 144 ft-lbs its 122 ft-lbs for a 88-89, if thats what ur talkin about.

gr3k0sLaV
12-22-2002, 05:20 AM
Dude dont waste your money, I came to the conclusion an accord is a fantastic car for what it is, but unless you want to spend serious $$$$ you just won't get the performance you want for the money your talking. It's not a car that can be modded that cheaply i'm sorry to say.

I bought my new car just last week, 5spd Turbo, stock the car its about 125kw and pulls a 15 point something 1/4 mile running stock.

In a drag it'd smoke most the accords (bar Juans, & Justins mean machines ) on here, and a decent number of the cars in my town. It cost me$1000AU which I could've used to get my engine worked, ignition, cam, port & polish, etc...and it still wouldn't have gotten me near the performance i got stock on my Starion.

My next plans is to get the motor rebuilt + turbo rebuilt or just a whole new setup from japan, either way....or i'll then have to do is wind the boost to 13psi which the engine can handle with some minor fuel delivery upgrades and i'll be laughing.

Point been though do, if you want something fast and cant afford to mod what you got, then simply just save your $$$ and get something that's already fast and can be easily modded.

BigLem504
01-23-2004, 02:57 PM
do what i do go buy a lotto ticket and pray :bow: lol

k-roy
01-23-2004, 03:00 PM
do what i do go buy a lotto ticket and pray :bow: lol
DAMN you dug up an old thread!

BigLem504
01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
damn i didnt know it ll psot up new im kinda new to this

89accordboi
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
hahahahaha this thread was so long ago, i've been working on my car the last few days and i have learned SOOOOO MUCH its crazy!! i love it! :)

modu03
01-23-2004, 10:30 PM
uh... lancers aren't much as far as racing goes... I've beat a few in my car.

I don't know how well they take to upgrades, but stock their slow.

the ones I've raced only had minor upgrades, intake, exhaust.

and uh, the guy with the 1983 JA Starion turbo 5spd... your only running fifteens with a turbo charged vehicle, even stock that's sad

pimp86LX
01-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Buy a CHEVY :D

:cheers:

Hey, since you like chev ill let ya in on this. Im saving up for a car of my uncles. (was my pop's but he sold it to my uncle)

its a 51' Chevy Deluxe. Original straight six, 3spd on the tree. It will probably be a couple years before i can afford it. But i plan on making it streetable. (modern suspension & newer and bigger engine. It would be nice to keep the old 6 but its pretty beat. I figure i'll just pull it, rebuild 'er and sell it

can you imagine a 51' deluxe as a daily driver?!?!...oh man gettin a chub just thinkin about it.

It looks like this http://www.carestoration.com/images/51chevy-lg.jpg But its green.

ohya...to get back on topic. Who cars if this jerk talks smack. Just be satisfied in the fact your a bigger man than he is.

EDIT: wow i didn't realize how old this thread was.......so who won the race anyway!?!?!??!?!?

smufguy
01-23-2004, 11:12 PM
im gonna burn u guys for diggin an old thread :D :D :D hehehe, just kidding. You are all buncha post whores hahahaha,

Cyric_accord
01-24-2004, 12:23 AM
uh... lancers aren't much as far as racing goes... I've beat a few in my car.

I don't know how well they take to upgrades, but stock their slow.

the ones I've raced only had minor upgrades, intake, exhaust.

and uh, the guy with the 1983 JA Starion turbo 5spd... your only running fifteens with a turbo charged vehicle, even stock that's sad

I've taken one or two lancers, but the base models... the OZ rally editions alone have beaten me.

And have you ever driven a Mitsu Starion/Dodge Conquest? It's like the pre-DSM DSM... they had relatively underpowered engines, 2.6 Litres that pump out only 145 hp to the rear wheels, they weren't really all that quick.

If you got a later model Conquest/Starion, the Intercooled Turbo 2.6 pushed 185 hp, they were better down the track.

86AccordLxi
01-24-2004, 12:36 AM
That's weird...since all the lancers have the same hp rating...OZ just means it has some factory body kit, different guages and floormats.

Alex

Cyric_accord
01-24-2004, 11:19 AM
That's weird...since all the lancers have the same hp rating...OZ just means it has some factory body kit, different guages and floormats.

Alex

Must've been a better driver than the other two :rofl: Actually, it looked like he had a manual, I could see him shift. The two I beat looked automatic.. or they left their car in the same gear the entire way. :rofl:

88LXiHB
01-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Lancer = Lancer
Lancer Evolution = Evo

Get it right.

johndej
01-24-2004, 08:31 PM
i beat one of the OZ ones in my accord in an auto cross. i was suprised it was in the same class as an 89 accord untill i realized they weren't too quick at all.

88LXiHB
01-26-2004, 03:27 AM
The regular Lancers have 120hp, they are worthless.

k-roy
01-26-2004, 03:29 AM
The regular Lancers have 120hp, they are worthless.
Kinda like a 3G LXi? :thumbup:

pip
01-26-2004, 10:03 AM
just give'r... if u lose then kick his ass and slash his tires, if u win then give him the finger, why don't u take ur catalytic converter off for the race too

Justin86
01-26-2004, 01:44 PM
The Lancer sucks ass. Now there is these new rally edition Lancer that might put up a fight?
Lancer=Neon=Civic=SLOW!!!!!