PDA

View Full Version : H22 swap

89AccordGSR
12-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Ok listen, you know it was coming back. Heres the deal, I want the B20/VTEC motor from LHT. But, i keep hearing about sleeve problems with that head swap. So, im back on the next best thing. I know the H22 is a complicated swap in a 3rd Gen. I know the difficuty of it also. But if you listen to the way I am, i love to do innovative stuff. my question is does anybody know exactly what ill need to do this swap. I mean from start to finish. I cant decide if i wanna do an all motor setup or a turbo setup. Either way, you know I will be running quick. I would do the B20/VTEC swap, but just stock a bone stock H22 motor would run a B20/VTEC anyday. I plan to have LHT do my swap, but the problem is that is: 1.they have never dealt with an H22 & 2. they have never done a swap on a 3rd Gen. But either way if they fuck up, im having that ass for dinner. Anyway, if youve got any info on this let me know.

By the way, I saw a pic already of a 3rd Gen with an H22. So I know it can be done. My question is, does anybody know this man? if so, who did his swap & how complicated was it on a scale from 1-10?

89AccordNate
12-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Shut the hell up and read the FAQ, I am SO tired of seeing this question. Its to hard and to much $, so give it up. You dont have 8 grand to drop on a motor obviously......so quit dreaming!

Nate.

bobafett
12-16-2002, 09:21 AM
i agree, for the money it would take, you could BUY a nice lude... :) and you would look better while whooping up on people... heheh..sorry i just love the look of the 94ish preludes!

RobT5580
12-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Pretty much if your gonna do this swap you need to be able to do it yourself meaning you need to be able to weld and fabricate parts for the swap. If you had the money a shop can and will do it for you. No body is gonna tell you how to do the swap and i have only seen one done so your gonna be on your own. I can assure you it will be more work than your asking for cause i am in the process of installing one in my friends 92 prelude si and its not fun cause its so tight in the bay.

89AccordGSR
12-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Okay Nate I didnt say bomb on me. I said if you have info about then let me know. I didnt ask for your personal opinion on what I can or cant do. You dont know my funds, dont pretend like you do. Unless you have some info on the swap. Do me a favor, dont throw you 2 cents in on it. If I wanted a lude id have a lude already, but I dont. I asked what would have to be done to do the swap. it obvious you dont know so please get shooting peoples ideas down.

carotman
12-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Look, if you need to ask us what is needed to do the swap, you don't have what it takes to do it.

Go make your homework and read about the 3rd gen accord and H22A.

Then you'll know that you don't want to do this nor have the time or money to take such an adventure.

bobafett
12-16-2002, 11:27 AM
hey i know what youre saying, but there have been soooo many h22 threads, and they all turn out the same... the people who have looked into it tell the person who is asking to FORGET ABOUT IT. belive me, more people would do that swap if it was feasable. why would ANYONE throw a b16 or even a b18 in their car, if they could use an h22???? i wouldnt even think about b16...

ANYWAY, if you want to prove us all wrong and get the swap done, you really are on your own, but if you find a good shop, who is willing to work with you, and you have the $$$$ to back it up, i dont doubt that you could get it done... please prove me wrong, becuase i would love to see timeslips from that kind of a swap.

89AccordNate
12-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Carotman said it right! I need to say no more.

Nate.

Sean
12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Mods List:new blinker fluid

nate your still and asshole but thats what we love about you man.

carotman
12-16-2002, 07:35 PM
I know that my comment sounded a bit harsh, but if you're going to have a shop do it, what will you tell them? Some info you gathered from someone on an Internet board? I don't think they would be willing to do it.

Someone in Toronto did this swap. You might be able to contact the guy through www.torontoaccords.com

It's just that if you're willing to have a shop do the swap, you're going to pay more that what's needed to buy a 4th gen Accord with the engine and have a shop do it for you.

This alone is a serious turn off. If you're really serious about that and care about your cash, contact the right persons, do alot and alot of research, compare the engine wires, axles lenghts, mointing points and gather the most info you need.

People are just starting to install B20A engines in theur car and this board has over 2 years of age now. We gathered the most info we could during those years and now it's available for everyone. Keep in mind that the B20A drops right in the 3g and it took us very long to do....

Lockleaf
12-27-2002, 04:32 PM
I realize that every one says this swap is a bitch. But just so everyone knows, in utah, where i live, and where tuning is only just coming to the surface as something people do, shops are still willing to do this swap. I haven't found one yet that wouldn't do it for me. I was qouted approx. the same amount every time. They told me about $4200 plus custom axles if they were needed. That means MAX $5000 not $8000. I figure in places where tuning has been around longer and with a little research you could knock that number down quite a bit. So if your throwing numbers around, then, like you tell us H22 fans, do your research and know for sure the numbers you throw down. Later.Lockleaf

horndoggj06
01-01-2003, 03:42 PM
HEY, WOULD A B18C5 type-R motor be even more or cheaper, if cheaper, shit, go with that

89AccordGSR
01-01-2003, 07:01 PM
All the B-Series motors are pretty easy to swap in. Seeing as how Place Racing makes pretty much a complete kit to put it in. The thing about the H-Series motor is that if you dont have the money & the time then I wouldnt even consider that swap. Hey if you wanna really surprise people get a 12 second N/A B16 motor. From this place:http://www.dh-racing.com/

RobT5580
01-01-2003, 08:06 PM
I will almost bet you this swap will be over $5000 cause for one just the hardware to do a B-series is about $2000 (for everything from PRI) then the motor H22 about $2500. Your not counting all the extras you will have to pay a junk yard for. Iv been working on my freinds 92 Prelude Si and he got a JDM 2.2 and its a bitch. There is a lot of other things involved and unless the person has experience with swaps and the 2.2 its not gonna be done right. After working on his car i dont think i would do the swap even if PRI made the mounts cause it will be very hard to work on and you will have to convert a lot of things over. Trust me if you have money you can have a fast accord with a B-series. Wickedaccord seems happy with his GSR swap and he still has endless possibilities and room under the hood.

socal3rdgen
01-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
I will almost bet you this swap will be over $5000 cause for one just the hardware to do a B-series is about $2000 (for everything from PRI) then the motor H22 about $2500. Your not counting all the extras you will have to pay a junk yard for. Iv been working on my freinds 92 Prelude Si and he got a JDM 2.2 and its a bitch. There is a lot of other things involved and unless the person has experience with swaps and the 2.2 its not gonna be done right. After working on his car i dont think i would do the swap even if PRI made the mounts cause it will be very hard to work on and you will have to convert a lot of things over. Trust me if you have money you can have a fast accord with a B-series. Wickedaccord seems happy with his GSR swap and he still has endless possibilities and room under the hood.

hell yeah wicked has plenty of room underneath his hood. more room then the a20.