PDA

View Full Version : How much should I shave... [56k beware]

pearldrop
12-16-2002, 11:26 AM
I am about to start doing the body work on my Accord wagon and I need some opinions.
I am trading my 20s for all the bodywork I want done so I can basically do any of the three things below.
I already know that I am going to shave:
Moldings
Handles
Washer squirters, front and rear
emblems
body seam
antenna
radiator core support
firewall

What I can't decide on is what to do with the taillights.

This is what they look like stock.
I can just leave them like this and then I will always have the reliability of being able to open the hatch without depending on the electronics of the shaved door kit. I also won't have to worry about cops.
http://www.StreetSourceMag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/slowpoke11/2002123403PM92681.jpg

If I shave the trunklid itself I think it looks kind of strange. If anything, I think I would prefer completely shaving the taillights like in the last picture. I know if I did it this way, I would put the license plate down in the bumper (like in the third picture) and just completely shave the tailgate. The positive side of this is that the cops won't bother me and it still looks completely custom.
http://www.StreetSourceMag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/thedivineguy/Image16.jpg

This is my favorite by far. I am just into complete custom bodywork and I like it. The problem is dealing with the cops. This is still going to be my daily driver and it still has to maintain functionality. The Prelude is the car for full show.
I think it is just hard for me to have the opportunity to do all the stuff I like and hold back and not do it.
http://www.StreetSourceMag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/tre5peter/919200234519PM5401.jpg

Any opinions would be very helpful. If you aren't into custom bodywork then I don't care about your opinion anyway so don't give it. Thanks.

chronicsinners
12-16-2002, 11:32 AM
i say go with the middle pic, and be sure to shave the tail gate footstep thing, good luck

whiteboy
12-16-2002, 12:12 PM
im also a fan of the last one. . . . what if you shaved the entire back but put in some led's in he bumper ? clear with red light ? i like the 3rd the most by far

jordan

dXsquared
12-16-2002, 12:42 PM
or get tail light covers and paint them... then when ur driving around, you can have lights... and when ur showin it off... put the covers back on?!? or put some red lights high in the back window and they could be the lights?

Travis

Mike89Accordcom
12-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Haha, pretty soon Chris you won't be able to recognize your car if you shave all of that. But hey if that's what you want it's all good. For show purposes I understand, you gotta be original!

pearldrop
12-16-2002, 02:36 PM
What I plan on doing is a lot more subtle than big wings and body kits so it really doesn't change the look of the car that much. I just like to tweak the way the car looks to make it look cleaner and smoother.
I will probably end up keeping the stock tailights just so maybe I won't have to compete with the Prelude when I go to shows. It really won't do any good to have two cars in the same class.

But I will always want to shave more later if I don't now. baaah. I don't know what I want to do.

uneek
12-16-2002, 03:06 PM
I say you should let me get to know that girl "better" ;)

87Hybrid
12-16-2002, 04:11 PM
I say shave the whole thing and put Corvette tails inthe bumper cover.

HondaBoy
12-16-2002, 04:14 PM
too bad they dont make tons of parts for that wagon. my mom had one in black. it was a '92 EX. very cool for a wagon.

Y3G
12-16-2002, 04:51 PM
that middle one looks mad clean
but what about shaving everything and put s10 tails flat in the top of the bumper

flamed89
12-16-2002, 04:57 PM
shave it all!sir michael's has slotted,tribal,and flame taillights on there site!

Coroncho80
12-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Last pic looks kool!

TREVOR
12-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Man, I happen to like the 2nd picture. I am a big fan of shaving. The only problem is that I don't know how to do it.
Can someone give me instructions and supplies needed.
thanx.

87AccordsterLx
12-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Juan... the third one is the shit... Im just not liking the negitive camber look. THe 2nd one doesnt look good in my opinion with the off center L. plate. The 3rd one would be the sickest party ride ever!!! Are you putting it on air this time or are you going coilovers or what?