PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter

rallyeNate
05-18-2002, 09:11 PM
has anybody disabled the rev limiter? if so do tell

gr3k0sLaV
05-18-2002, 11:13 PM
I dont think there is a way, or so im told.

I dont understand why it would be such an issue to disable it.

There must be a rev detector sensor, with a wire running to the ECU. So possibly you might be able to severe that connection...however there could be consequeneces.

When it detects the revs have reached a certain point, it cuts the fuel pump or something (correct me if im wrong) then possibly you could disable whatever sends the signal to cut the fuel pump..

The actual rev limitations are loaded in the ECU, you could perhaps remap it. I know Juan had his b16's ecu remapped so it had no rev limitations.

Or possibly ditch the stock fuel pump and all that, and go for an aftermarket setup.

ACCORD EX
05-18-2002, 11:50 PM
as far as i know not all honda's have a rev limitar ! are you sure you have one ! and why do you wanna remove it ! it's really good if you miss a shift or something ! :D or you 'll get :burn:

MIKE

Hoshizakido
05-18-2002, 11:59 PM
i dont think our cars have one ive never have had anything like that kick in and i full throttle shift when i race.

A20A1
05-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Maybe the ECU wasn't programed to accept signals past a certain rev speed... If you bypass the revlimiter you'd still have to make sure the ECU is adjusting the A/F mixture and timing or else you'd just be reving high, and won't get much power???

:confused:

Jims 86LXI HB
05-19-2002, 07:16 AM
Hey be thankfull the rev limiter isn't like the one that was in a MR2 that my dad owned years ago. If you went even just a smidge past redline, the rev limiter would shut off the motor all together. It was like the hand of god turned the ignition off for a moment. It would not turn the motor back on until you learned your lession and had dropped like 1000 rpm's. Major kill joy I tell ya. :rolleyes:

guaynabo89
05-19-2002, 07:32 AM
There definately is a rev limiter. I hit mine all the time. Its a big pain in the ass.

If my tach is fairly accurate the limiter kicks in at around 6750 rpm.

ACCORD EX
05-19-2002, 09:53 AM
HONDA didn't just put the rev limiter there to annoy us !! :rolleyes:
they put it there to save your car ! got it ! ?? :huh:

:werd:

MIKE

rallyeNate
05-19-2002, 11:18 AM
YES are cars have a rev limiter! i am almost positve that it is load dependent. my rev limiter is set a 6.5k, i have a msd which has a bulit in adjust rev limiter which i set to 7k. the reason i need to raise the limiter is because my cam is coming in and the good part is at the top

hondamanlxi
05-19-2002, 11:26 AM
its pointless to shift that high unless u have a different cam. Our powerband is at max at about 5500 rpms, shift their, its when were at our max horses

.........maybe thats why yall shift so high....so when u do u end up at 5500rpms......my enigine has 271k miles so i'll take your word for it!

Hoshizakido
05-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Your top hp might hit at 5500 rpms, but youll still want to push around 6000 before shifting. If you shift at peak you'll have to drop down to like 4500 to 4700 rpms. Youll have to increase back to 5500. if you run to 6000 youll only drop to 5000 to 5200. So the closer you are to your top hp after shifts, the more power you'll have during acceleration.
Im not sure how far the rpms drop after shift it probably depends on the gear. I dont pay to much attention to my tach so i dont really know.