PDA

View Full Version : ebay mufflers

RedLine
12-17-2002, 08:52 AM
Just wondering if any body knows anything about those Apeix N1 style mufflers that you can get off of ebay for like fifty $:wtf: . I am pissed because I didn't even think of checking ebay before I got my magnaflow put on. Anyway they look pretty nice and I just wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with them. LATER! :super:

Grant2k
12-17-2002, 01:27 PM
my opinion on big, straight through glass packs, (even though i have one) like the N1, is they are all basically the same. I KNOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT in terms of everall quality, sound, whatever, but i think it would probably be ok. you should have put up a link so we could all see it, but i would say just go for it. don't go by what people say about sound because in my experience no 2 cars with the same exhaust ever sound the same, even if they are the exact same car with all the exact some mods. i'm sure it will be fine, as long as it's actually stainless steel. that's really the important part because that is what gives these mufflers their longevity. in the end the only difference between it and a dynomax is sound and looks.

89accordboi
12-17-2002, 02:26 PM
are dynomax one of the cheaper mufflers? i mean why are the so popular among us? im planning on getting my catback with dynomax after the new year sometime in mid january, is dynomax like the best choice? cuz i nkow someone who got it on there crx and it doesnt look really sweet but it sounds good, i kinda want one that sounds and looks really good u know? but anyway im still planning on getting dynomax unless somehow my mind changes :)

Mike's89AccordLX
12-17-2002, 03:36 PM
I have an Arospeed Stainless Steel bomber series muffler and I love the performance and sound quality. I like the deep tone it puts out. But when I floor it the windows will rattle. The only thing I don't like is whe I downshift it pops and cackles and sometimes when I shift into different gears.

dXsquared
12-17-2002, 03:40 PM
so u run a cat? i think i gotta put a cat back on... my car isnt that low... i just heard a car with just a cat and nothin else and it was sooo low! i dunno?!?!

Travis

1988starter
12-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 89accordboi
are dynomax one of the cheaper mufflers? i mean why are the so popular among us? im planning on getting my catback with dynomax after the new year sometime in mid january, is dynomax like the best choice? cuz i nkow someone who got it on there crx and it doesnt look really sweet but it sounds good, i kinda want one that sounds and looks really good u know? but anyway im still planning on getting dynomax unless somehow my mind changes :)

Yes synomax are cheeper in price but that is because they are not big chrome fart cannon so that lowers the price also my dynomax came with a lifetime rust warenty.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-17-2002, 03:45 PM
I have a cat for right now but I'm going to order a bolt on straight pipe from a guy that makes them for our cars. Kinda steep compared to other bolt on straight pipes though. $45 plus shipping. He said the flanges are really hard to come by. That's why it's so high. I don't have any emissions here in MN so I'm in the clear for having one. If you want the guys email address I find it and post it here. He does most of the Civic ones that are on ebay. He said he won't put the 89 accord ones on ebay cause there isn't much interest in them. I told him otherwise.

89AccordNate
12-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Just buy a real N1 like I have......and screw that imitation stuff :)

Drop the cash for quality the first time or go home is how I look at it!

Nate.