PDA

View Full Version : Control Arms and Camber

Chris86Lxi
12-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, i just bought my upper control arms with new balljoints from Advance Auto. I am going to also order the Ingalls Camber kit on ebay tomorrow. My QUESTION IS: In order to install the Ingalls Kit do i need to install the upper control arms and the ingalls kit all at once?? I'm not sure how the camber kit goes on but i don't want to do the upper arms now and then find out next week when i get the camber kit that i need to take the arms off to put the camber it on. So should i wait to do it all at once? or do the arms now and camber kit later?

Thank you guys so much,

Chris

Chrome_thangs
12-17-2002, 04:34 PM
If i'm not mistaken i believe that if you have a camber kit it the same thing as a control arm just adjustable. (I could be wrong though!)

dXsquared
12-17-2002, 04:39 PM
i think so too... it already has the BJ. i think

Travis

Chris86Lxi
12-17-2002, 04:54 PM
WELL SHIT! I already have the new control arm with balljoint. So the Ingalls camber kit is just like a control arm with a ball joint included??? Jim??? any help?

Damn,

Chris

Chris86Lxi
12-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Oops, nevermind guys. I did some searching of my own and check this out. This is the kit i'm gettin.
http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3550.htm
look at it. You can see where you can adjust it in and out in those grooves. glad i didn't waste money on the new control arms and ball joints b/c lookin at that i still need the arms.

thanks anyways guys,

Chris

89AccordNate
12-18-2002, 03:38 PM
You need the control arms still. All the ingalls kit does is replace the bolt in the control arms. You take out the orginal and put in those control arms. The square peices sit up against the side of inner fender well. When the small round peices are screwed in or out, the arm is pushed further in or out and thus adjusting the camber.

You still need the original arms, or replacement arms. The ingalls kit doesnt come with new arms.

I have a kit and installed it, therefore I know what im talknig about :)

Nate.

Chris86Lxi
12-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks man, gotter all figured out.

Chris