PDA

View Full Version : please help

si accord
12-17-2002, 05:37 PM
well the other day i hit a curb pretty fast and fucked up a bunch of things, i broke a radius rod, bent my lower control arm on the right side, and some more stuff. i have spent the past 3 days tryin to fix it all. i finally got it back together today and my right front wheel is leaning in at the bottom, whats up with this??? my headers just came in today and i don't wanna put em on until i can drive it again, but i really need some help, so please reply

...opie

si accord
12-17-2002, 08:53 PM
please reply some1, jim if your out there let me know what could be the problem i really need to know so i can fix it in the morning, and to let you know, my cv axles are fine so i can't think of whats wrong, could it be the upper control arm???

anchovies
12-18-2002, 12:24 AM
You mean you're having positive camber at the right side? Very well be the upper arm. See if your sway bar is out of whack, if it's bent, probably your strut+spring and whole knuckle is knocked inwards (probably not)

anchovies
12-18-2002, 12:25 AM
oh yeah...check your rims also.

si accord
12-18-2002, 11:21 PM
is this all the help i get???, i really need to know sumthin on this pretty soon, not tryin to be an ass but no1 hardly ever replies to my posts

...opie

anchovies
12-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Those are the only things that you can check without bringing it to the shop.
Also check lower arm. So basically, that's everything :D.

si accord
12-19-2002, 12:07 AM
i appreciate it the lower arm was fucked bad, i replaced it, i can't find anything else thats warped that i havn't already replaced, its still fucked up and i'm having to take it to the shop tomorrow, i didn't want to but i need a ride, i hate this shit

...opie

markmdz89hatch
12-19-2002, 02:30 PM
first, how bad is it bent in? Are we talking just a slight camber issue, or are you leaning inches? The only other things I can suggest to inspect are the adjustments on the radius rods, and the strut tower perches from inside the engine bay. You may have hit so hard that you pushed up the strut perch (not likely). The only other things that MIGHT be an issue are the strut fork, or even the strut itself.

Good luck man, and let us know everything that goes on.

si accord
12-20-2002, 02:32 PM
its fucked up and leaning bad, i can't figure it out, peace

...opie

AccordEpicenter
12-20-2002, 05:10 PM
its prolly ur upper control arm, those can get fucked like everything else...

si accord
12-21-2002, 06:21 PM
well, hate to say it, it wasn't the upper control arm, i replaced it today, it still sux, i hate ever fuckin thing, i just bought a shitload of new stuff for my car for christmas and now it don't mean shit to me, i fucked up my cross member or some shit, and creased the frame or sumthin like that, i hate it, i swwear to god i feel so damn bad now, i hate this shit i swear, i'm gonna fuckin break my car to fuckin hell, it still looks cool though, i just got my brand new tires mounted on my new rims and hell, it can sit in my drive way and rot for all that i care, i was fuckin good to that piece of shit and now its so fucked i can't get it fixed, it sux not having a car

anchovies
12-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear that.

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 05:56 AM
woooo..... wait a sec, did you just say that you just got new rims too? were you driving on them before the run in with the curb? What size rims/tires were you running when you hit the curb, and what size are you trying to run on now? What exactly does the car do when you try to drive on it? You may have just shed some light on this subject in your endless rant.

si accord
12-24-2002, 02:37 AM
had stock steelies on at the time of the wreck thank god

markmdz89hatch
12-24-2002, 05:06 AM
and what size are you running now? What happens that makes you think that there's still something messed up under there? Does it shake once you get to a certain speed? ....?

njpeter
12-24-2002, 06:11 AM
might want to take it to a shop for a "wheel alignment"..cost you $50 to find out for sure if the frame is dinged ( the wrench will come out and give you the "sorry you are screwed look"..if you broke a radius rod, it might be the bad news. Hitting curbs is NOT good.

si accord
12-25-2002, 02:06 AM
well it wasn't the frame, its the cradle or some shit, at least thats what the guy fixin it said , its 6 hours worth of work, its costin me 200, not as bad as i expected, its the little crossmember thing thats bent bad, the thing the lower control arm connects to, its a bitch to get out so thats why its costin alot, but i'm glad it will be fixed

...opie

si accord
12-25-2002, 02:09 AM
oh and to mark, its not something that happens when i get to a certain speed, i can't go at any speed , its not driveable, the wheel is like leaning really fuckin bad when i put it on

...opie

njpeter
12-25-2002, 07:07 AM
even when it's removable portion, best to get a wheel alignment while you are at it, this will determine the true quality of the fix.

AccordEpicenter
12-26-2002, 11:24 PM
You got away easy, ive heard of people running over stuff in accords and smashing the transmission cases and stuff like that. Ive had a lucky experience hitting stuff and i know how it goes. One time i hit a road sign (dont ask) and i completely ran it over but it pulled the entire mofo concrete block that it was in the ground in straight out (like 1 ft in diameter x 1.5 ft deep) and ran it completely over. The car survived with 2 wrecked tires, although in not sure how, it shoulda smashed the oil pan out and the gas tank, it did neither. It did dent my floorboard up about an inch tho. It destroyed one of my neon tubes tho... I cant believe the car survived with that little damage after running over what i did.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 06:15 AM
yet another example of why these cars are said to be build like tanks!