PDA

View Full Version : Se-i Hb

87accordHB
12-17-2002, 08:32 PM
:confused: OK OK..i prolly sound like a dumb ass but........................DID THEY MAKE 3g HB SE-I's? and if not..WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!?!?!??! If they didnt..then im gonna be the first to have a unoffical SE-I HB :)

bobafett
12-17-2002, 08:52 PM
might wanna get EFI first man...

and leather, and BOSE stereo... and whatever other cool gizmo's the SEI had, and then you would be the first HB sei...

actually that would be really cool to do... convert a HB into SEI style...

Blue Impact
12-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Be the first so you could be the George Washington of the SE-i hatches.

Sabz5150
12-18-2002, 12:07 AM
From EFI, you need the following:

Bose Stereo
Leather Interior
Bronze tinted windows
SE-i rims
Rear brake discs
Dual tipped exhaust
Steering wheel with stereo controls
Center armrest

Start hittin the junkyards...

87DXHatch
12-18-2002, 11:03 AM
My SEi didn't come with the factory bronzed windows... what's up with that?

elbow

Coroncho80
12-18-2002, 03:14 PM
It should be fun! Go for it!

87accordHB
12-18-2002, 04:15 PM
What do you mean by EFI? IM deffently considering it since i already have a prefect body Hatchback! Should i start out with the LXI body style? cuz right now i got a DX. Thx for the info tho! HELPS ALOT! also...happy early x-mas guys

markmdz89hatch
12-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Sabz5150
From EFI, you need the following:

Bose Stereo
Leather Interior
Bronze tinted windows
SE-i rims
Rear brake discs
Dual tipped exhaust
Steering wheel with stereo controls
Center armrest

Start hittin the junkyards...

dont' forget power windows

markmdz89hatch
12-19-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 87accordHB
What do you mean by EFI? IM deffently considering it since i already have a prefect body Hatchback! Should i start out with the LXI body style? cuz right now i got a DX. Thx for the info tho! HELPS ALOT! also...happy early x-mas guys

yeah, if ur really serious about converting to SE-i style then the smartest way to start is with an 88-89 LX-i Hb. otherwise, you have to deal with the hassle of a full EFI swap, power antenna, larger front brakes, power windows, electronic heater controls, power sunroof, Cruise control, power mirrors, etc.

Then from there you'll have to upgrade to SE-i style with rear disc, Bose stereo with all the goodies, leather including center console and all interior trim panels along with CUPHOLDERS.

By starting with a 88-89 LX-i with sunroof, you eliminate the whole first step just to get it to LX-i spec.

Good luck man!

I'm gonna be as close as I wanna be with my 89 hatch. I already have the larger front brake upgrade, and the rear disc, and full center console will be in as soon as the snow melts. Other then that, it's a DX!

bobafett
12-19-2002, 08:52 AM
how is the performance of your new brake setup? i am interested in getting 4wheel discs.. but i didnt know how big of a difference it makes.. :)

markmdz89hatch
12-19-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
yeah, if ur really serious about converting to SE-i style then the smartest way to start is with an 88-89 LX-i Hb. otherwise, you have to deal with the hassle of a full EFI swap, power antenna, larger front brakes, power windows, electronic heater controls, power sunroof, Cruise control, power mirrors, etc.

Then from there you'll have to upgrade to SE-i style with rear disc, Bose stereo with all the goodies, leather including center console and all interior trim panels along with CUPHOLDERS.

By starting with a 88-89 LX-i with sunroof, you eliminate the whole first step just to get it to LX-i spec.

Good luck man!

I'm gonna be as close as I wanna be with my 89 hatch. I already have the larger front brake upgrade; the rear disc and full center console will be in as soon as the snow melts. Other then that, it's a DX!

87DXHatch
12-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Don't forget the drivers seat with the lumbar adjustment... and the option of opening and closing the left and right vents from under the dimmer controls.

markmdz89hatch
12-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
Don't forget the drivers seat with the lumbar adjustment... and the option of opening and closing the left and right vents from under the dimmer controls.

I though all 3G's had that closing L and R vent levers. I dont' remember seeing a 3G without one. Both my cars have 'em.

..but you did remind me of one more thing, that little switch between the center dash vents.

and that little retarted fucking light just behind the ignition switch in the steering wheel surround to illuminate the key hole. Oh yeah, that and the little courtesy lights on the LX-i door panels.

Coroncho80
12-21-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
I though all 3G's had that closing L and R vent levers. I dont' remember seeing a 3G without one. Both my cars have 'em.

..but you did remind me of one more thing, that little switch between the center dash vents.

and that little retarted fucking light just behind the ignition switch in the steering wheel surround to illuminate the key hole. Oh yeah, that and the little courtesy lights on the LX-i door panels.

Even though I took it off 'cause I did not like it, but don't forget the SEi emblem on the trunk.

Did you guys know that the Factory Bose stereo system that came with the SEi had a factory Amp? I didn't know until I changed the stereo system in my car. It had a weird ass set up too. Any ways, I just thought to let yall know. Now yall can go and :flip: yourselves :D

dosh8er
12-21-2002, 05:50 PM
yeah.. i guess that amp had a lot of problems.. someone said something about the capacitors being bad. (i might check that out in my old one.. see if i can repair it.. there are companies that do that for our bose systems)

BTW, if you have an SE-i .. the tinted windows... if you ever replace a window.. YOU'LL KNOW the difference.. anybody wanna sell a pass. front sei window??!? it pisses me off that the shop didn't swap that back in.. anyway.

AccordSEi
12-22-2002, 10:34 AM
Yea, I know what you are talking about dosh8er. Someone has replaced the drivers side back window on my SE-i and it just does not match.

87accordHB
12-22-2002, 10:37 AM
this thread is about my idea of an SE-I HB swap :) not no windows :) hehe. J/j. this idea is starting to sound too hard :) hehehehhe

Coroncho80
12-22-2002, 01:39 PM
this thread is about my idea of an SE-I HB swap :) not no windows :) hehe. J/j. this idea is starting to sound too hard :) hehehehhe

Pussy! :D

87DXHatch
12-22-2002, 02:42 PM
My '87 DX doesn't have the levers for opening and closing the vents...

:lol you guys have to understand I went from the lowest of the low, to the highest of the high, so every little doo-dad and thingy makes me squeal with glee...

How about:

lighted passenger sun-visor
dead pedal (I have one in my automatic... why? I know not)
smooth felt over both sun-visors
lids on the back storage compartments

(feel free to correct me on any of these that I'm wrong on too :D)

87accordHB
01-07-2003, 03:58 PM
shit..forget that...ima get me a 89 LX-i or SE-i :)

ACCORD EX
01-08-2003, 05:06 AM
a very very stupid question !

what is HB ! ? i know it's hybernated or something like that so ???

markmdz89hatch
01-08-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
a very very stupid question !

what is HB ! ? i know it's hybernated or something like that so ???

HatchBack.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-08-2003, 08:51 AM
my dx hatch is about 85% sei, i got the doors, brakes, leather, sunroof, arm rest and other misc parts, i got a momo wheel so i wouldent do the sei whell, i got 17's so no sei rims i got a better system then the bose and i got a amlipfied fuba antenna so i wouldent want hte sei power antenna, i dont know how much more is left to get. my dx isent dx anymore

smufguy
01-08-2003, 09:59 AM
no HB means Horny Boy. nah, well how about someone make a LX hatchie? they got dx and lx-i hatchies. well dont forget about the Brittany blue-green metallic and cupholders in your Se-i immitation. oh yeah, how about changing ur vin number too? :flipa: :smokin:

Coroncho80
01-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by h0ndavtec
my dx hatch is about 85% sei, i got the doors, brakes, leather, sunroof, arm rest and other misc parts, i got a momo wheel so i wouldent do the sei whell, i got 17's so no sei rims i got a better system then the bose and i got a amlipfied fuba antenna so i wouldent want hte sei power antenna, i dont know how much more is left to get. my dx isent dx anymore

Yo man, could you post a pic of the Momo steering wheel? I want one and wanted to see what it would look like on our cars. Thanks man.

ACCORD EX
01-08-2003, 04:09 PM
HB means hatch back ! :eek: are you kidding ! ? :eek:
damn ! :D

MIKE

smufguy
01-08-2003, 06:54 PM
yeah MIke its a brain twister. HB = Hatch Back. i used to think HB = Humble Buddha. well, i was wrong.

87accordHB
01-08-2003, 07:18 PM
hey..will a bumper off an LXI 4dr or coupe fit my car? i mean the whole front bumper assembley, reinforcement, bumper, mounts. ?

markmdz89hatch
01-08-2003, 07:20 PM
hey..will a bumper off an LXI 4dr or coupe fit my car? i mean the whole front bumper assembley, reinforcement, bumper, mounts. ?

yep, check out the pics of goldyaccord and Justins (88turboaccord) hatchbacks. I know that both of them have the 88-89 front bumper.

ACCORD EX
01-09-2003, 01:58 AM
i have a 88 >89 bumper and dash in my 87 ! :D

MIKE

87accordHB
01-09-2003, 09:04 AM
is it really turbo?

markmdz89hatch
01-09-2003, 09:19 AM
is it really turbo?

:huh: :confused:

smufguy
01-09-2003, 07:47 PM
what are you talking about???

87accordHB
01-09-2003, 08:06 PM
his screen name was turboaccord so i was wonderin if his accord was really had a turbo on it

DarknessRS
01-11-2003, 04:01 AM
Yes, it is really turbocharged. He's got one hell of a setup too, it's probably the most powerful A20A3 motor out there. And it's definately one of the fastest if not THE fastest 3rd Gen Accord.

As much as I would like to have all the extras that the SEi has, it's still the heaviest 3G. The only thing that that I consider a must have from the SE-i is the rear disc brakes.

smufguy
01-11-2003, 09:26 AM
ooo he was talkin about Justin. Oh yeah, his back glass window on his hatch is not glass anymore either :D. and he does not have the front cross bar that weighs like 30 lbs in the front. Dude is like running an eggshell with enormous power. i would love to see all the ricy civics bit in their ass trying to race him.