PDA

View Full Version : Question about my speakers and amp

solidsnakejv
12-18-2002, 06:11 AM
ok guys,

first of all, i think this site is great.

with that said.............Two days ago a bough an Audiobox Rampage 150 watt amplifier for $30 brand new. I am not expecting a lot out of it, but at least something. My car has kenwood speakers all around, i dont know the rms for none of them, but i do now that the rear speakers have a peak power of 120 watts, so i am guessing that their rms is about 30 or so. The amp has 2 channels of 75 each with an rms of 50. I also have a bazooka that i bought a long time ago, i believe it is 100watts.

The question is, how should i hook up my system?

I dont think i wanna do anything to the front speakers, so should i hook up the bazooka to one channel of the amplifier, and use the other channel to connect the two rear speakers. Or should i hook up each rear speaker to each channel on the amplifier, or would that be too much for the speakers.

dXsquared
12-18-2002, 01:00 PM
hook a speaker to each channel... they will be ok... ur amp is over rated so it wont be too high. hook it up like that... it will be louder...and more bass

Travis

shepherd79
12-18-2002, 01:14 PM
ok, after reading what you wrote, i am confuse right now.
why are you taking front speakers out?
my second question would be what kind head unit do you have?
here is the problem with what you just bought.
i had to do some search on internet, and here is what i found.
the amp you just bought doesn't have low pass, which means you can't connect Bazooka to it.
you can connect the two back speakers to it. this will give you nice sound, even so it is putting out 50 watts your speakers should hold. if not just turn the gain control down a little.
if you want cheap amp. this is what you need http://web109.net/brandsmall/products.cfm/shopping/0015-amp591a/ it is like the amp you bought except it is one step up.
it has hi/low pass wich will allow you to have this deep bass for the sub without high sounds.
well this all i have for now.

solidsnakejv
12-18-2002, 09:11 PM
well i am not taking the front speakers out. i am just not doing anything to them, i am leaving the alone.
thanks for the link to the other amp, i was actually going to get the 500 watts one, but the store i went to only had the 150 watt. its just for starters anyway. my receiver is the cdc-mp3 from aiwa, i think it puts out 45x4

Defiant[YD]
12-20-2002, 11:26 PM
yah, i friggin learned the hardway that the cheap amps are so overated... but at least it's temporary solution for now.

u plannin on gettin subs?

solidsnakejv
01-02-2003, 07:50 AM
eventually, but i know if i get subs i have to get a good amp too, and maybe some extra help to power the amps so that the battery doesnt die out.

Defiant[YD]
01-02-2003, 05:20 PM
well, u don't have to have a "good" amp if u get subs. not all right away if u don't have the cash i mean. i'm running a POS "500w" thump amp with jenson subs. it's doin the job .... for the moment until i save up enuff for the infinity subs, then i'm changing everything once i get those subs. but if u want some bass for the moment, u could always sample with some of those lower end company's, just don't expect too much. and it'll also depend on the type of box u have for the sub.