PDA

View Full Version : Temp Guage

Immeraufdemhund
12-18-2002, 08:10 AM
I took off all my needles to put on Pauls printable face. When I put them all back on I noticed that my temp guage doesn't move back down to the bottom anymore.... what in the world did I do? I'm about to go drive and see what happens when i start it up and warm her up, then do the same. I have a feeling it wont go back down. Any suggestions?

anchovies
12-18-2002, 02:45 PM
You shouldn't have taken the needles out!!! Enough said.

okie okie, see if I can help :D
When you try to slide the temp needle to the bottom (empty mark), it is free to move about or maybe the gauge face is limiting it's movement? Also check the gauge hole opening, it might be kinking (word?) the needle.

good luck

Immeraufdemhund
12-18-2002, 07:00 PM
the hole for the needle is almost as large as the faceplate of the needle (the little black circle) and so i dont think it's binding, but i'll check again. It does move up and down but as of right now with it completly cold it says the temp is midway. when it warms up it's in the hot area.

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 09:20 PM
I think you just need to remove the needle and put it back on with it pointing down more.

Immeraufdemhund
12-19-2002, 02:04 PM
hmm.. well that might work, it moves. my gas guage one doens't move i found out today. i have it out of my car so i'm going to work on it some.

CoAsTeR
12-21-2002, 07:58 AM
oh dear.... doesn't anybody read my How-to on this? haha
check my website.....