PDA

View Full Version : How-to remove SEi Bose system?

87DXHatch
12-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Can someone give me some pointers on how to remove the SEi Bose system? I looked at the front speakers and they are just crazy... am I going to have to get my old speaker baskets from my 87 and run new speaker wire to them up front?

I have an aftermarket CD player I want to put in too, will my old wiring harness, that fit with the 87 perfectly, work now in the SEi?

I know there's a stock amp someplace too, can somebody clue me in to where that's at?

What I'm saying is, I could get all this crap out myself, but I figured if someone's done it before, and could share the exp, then I'd be grateful.

roni-sei
12-28-2002, 04:26 PM
O.K. first of all u came to the right place. Hi my name is Roni-se- its sei for a reason. I have the exact same car except for mine is a five speed with a sun roof. Ok now lets get down to business the radio is real simple to remove, climp underneath the dash behind the radio there should be a 10mm bolt holding the radio in place remove that screw and the radio will come right out, put your hand or two fingers in the tape part and pull. As for the harness its the same except for 1 blue wire which controlls the volume from the steering wheel you can either remove it or push it behind the radio. Now the amp is located in the trunk right next to the left 6x9 speaker once again four 10mm hold it down pull it out and start installing your new system

87DXHatch
12-28-2002, 08:05 PM
I love you

safeel
12-30-2002, 07:40 PM
one question........
Y WOULD U WANT TO REMOVE A BOSE SYSTEM, ARENT THEY LIKE THE BEST IN SYSTEMS???
well they are over here anyway.

88WhiteLX-i
12-30-2002, 08:27 PM
your car is "slammed with 15's"?? LOL come on man be serious. I have 14"s and they are VERY small.

dXsquared
12-30-2002, 08:32 PM
u would take out the BOSE shit to put a real stereo in! like a Alpine with subs... yah it was a good system in 1989!

Travis

Neuspeed87lx
12-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 88WhiteLX-i
your car is "slammed with 15's"?? LOL come on man be serious. I have 14"s and they are VERY small.

what you mean ? he is just saying his car is lowered with 15 inch wheels

87DXHatch
12-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Frankly put, the Bose system sucks. Better quality components in the factory locations does not mean a huge improvement in sound at all.

Bose is not a very good brand of audio maker. Here's a great quote about Bose I heard once: "No highs? No lows? It's gotta be Bose!"

It's so true too :lol

87DXHatch
12-30-2002, 10:20 PM
I'd much rather install some REAL car audio stuff, honestly

89AccordLXI666
07-16-2003, 09:21 PM
can u use the bose speakers with your aftermarket cd player or no?

87DXHatch
07-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Holy old...

Yes, you can... the bose speakers are just like any others, with a + and - input for each. Hell, I've got my old Bose ones sitting in my room right now... probably awaiting their death at the hands of a wall socket :D

87DXHatch
07-16-2003, 09:27 PM
WHOA!

What you are PROBABLY asking, is if you can plug in the harness from the aftermarket CD player and have it work... the answer to this is NO! I believe there is a product from JC Whitney that will adapt them to work through the stock amps, but just plugging in the harness WILL NOT WORK!

I used the stock rear speakers for about 3 months before I had the time and oppurtunity to install my front speakers. I just busted off the Bose wire terminals on the + and - and ran wire from my amp to them... they worked find, and (like any speaker) sounded great under the heavy influence of an EQ.

wallyyfm
07-23-2003, 06:04 AM
i never cared for bose, the home audio shit totally sucks

87accordlxi
07-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Bose ----> mediocre product with fantastic marketing

ag bullet
04-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Do I know how to revive an old topic or what?

I can't really see the bolt that is holding the head unit in place. Also, how do you remove the trim that surrounds the front of the radio?

HostileJava
04-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Bolt is kinda hard to see, you should be able to get to it if u lay upside down in the drivers seat with it all the way back and your head on the floor, sounds like fun huh?

87DXHatch
04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Do I know how to revive an old topic or what?

I can't really see the bolt that is holding the head unit in place. Also, how do you remove the trim that surrounds the front of the radio?

Wow, way to drag me out of the depths...

If I remember correctly, there isn't any trim on the front of the radio... if there is, just try gently but firmly pulling on it.

The bolt is behind the HU... to have the best access to it, you have to remove the gray box that is behind your cupholders and change-holder-thing. There may be two of them, but either way, it's 10 mm...

Considering I never visit the site anymore, if there are any 3geezers that have any audio questions or problems, you can pm me, or if you'd like to see a 3gee with a very nice (multi-thousand dollar) sound system and live in MN, pm me.