PDA

View Full Version : ground wire location

87carb
11-01-2014, 06:03 AM
There is a ground wire , from what I read it is, mounted above the rad on my 87 accord lx. Its not starting and I read this might be the problem
So I see it mounted above rad. But just hanging there. Can anyone show me or explain, in detail, where on the engine it should be mounted

Oldblueaccord
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
On the driverside it would goto the valve cover.

Google search.images is great for stuff like this.

lostforawhile
11-03-2014, 06:59 AM
if you can't find it, a good ground wire from the block to the body will do the same thing, that wire is for the ground on the starter, alternator, spark plugs etc, or anything else on the block that needs grounding,

gp02a0083
11-03-2014, 09:57 AM
There is a ground wire , from what I read it is, mounted above the rad on my 87 accord lx. Its not starting and I read this might be the problem
So I see it mounted above rad. But just hanging there. Can anyone show me or explain, in detail, where on the engine it should be mounted

The original mounting location for this particular ground wire goes from the top of the radiator support to the drivers side valve cover bolt.

The very last picture with the engine bay in the link below i believe is what you are asking about. Very good writeup, illustrating the correct way to fabricate new ground leads.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/55980-big-3-ground-wires.html