PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find PLASTIC parts manufacturing opportunity

FTP
11-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of ordering mold for some plastic parts we need for other cars. One of the part may not make in to production so we are looking for plastic parts that you guys may need for your cars (1 cavity).

Now the replacement part will be made out of black ABS plastic trough injection molding. Our min order for this mold run is 2000 units, so this part needs to be in demand. If you guys have something in mind please let me know, since we are trying to start the tooling process. We could possibly get this parts by end of December. There is a size restriction to about 90mm x 50mm x 27mm. Im thinking maybe some clips, brackets, mounts, covers? What ever come to your mind. Thanks

Dr_Snooz
11-03-2014, 08:20 PM
The retaining nubs inside the seat back release handles are constantly breaking. Thus, the handles come off in your hand when you release the seat forward. Various seat belt trim pieces are all broken. The little covers over the ends of the passenger assist handles in the roof like to break and fall off. Years of UV damage has left many of the defroster vents on the door panels (in the top front corner) in a sorry state. I don't think there is a single glove box that isn't warped. And the center taillight section on all the coupes is cracked and in various stages of falling apart. Black ABS is not likely to work well for any of that though. And I'm too broke to buy any of it anyway.

gp02a0083
11-04-2014, 02:54 PM
The retaining nubs inside the seat back release handles are constantly breaking. Thus, the handles come off in your hand when you release the seat forward. Various seat belt trim pieces are all broken. The little covers over the ends of the passenger assist handles in the roof like to break and fall off. Years of UV damage has left many of the defroster vents on the door panels (in the top front corner) in a sorry state. I don't think there is a single glove box that isn't warped. And the center taillight section on all the coupes is cracked and in various stages of falling apart. Black ABS is not likely to work well for any of that though. And I'm too broke to buy any of it anyway.

clips for the 1/4 window moldings, cover for the rear view mirror and yes seat leavers!