PDA

View Full Version : 7" Roof mounted lcd and cd player pics

89AccordNate
05-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Well here it is...the flamed headliner, the dreamcast, the 7" roof mounted lcd and blaupunkt mp3000 cd player install. Only took 7 hours yesterday to do it all :)

I will link them so they all wont load at once..and make them unviewable due to bandwidth shit.

http://89accord.0catch.com/new1.jpg
http://89accord.0catch.com/new2.jpg
http://89accord.0catch.com/new3.jpg
http://89accord.0catch.com/new4.jpg
http://89accord.0catch.com/new5.jpg

Enjoy!

Nate.

89AccordGSR
05-19-2002, 02:03 PM
Looks good keep up the work

MoonScryer
05-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Man, that sucks.
:p
:D

Kidding, looks good man, keep it happening...

ACCORD EX
05-19-2002, 02:48 PM
pretty nice man ! good work ! :super:
but no body will be able to sit besied you ! ?

89AccordNate
05-19-2002, 02:53 PM
There is actually lots of room for your feet. One leg has to be slightly bent while the other can be fully extended. I wanted to keep easy access to it. I had problems with the psx under the passenger seat..so i changed the positioning of it. The thing is built like a tank, (fiberglass, wood, bondo and covered in vinyl) so you can kick it or whatever and its not going to break or crack.

Hrm, keep up the good work accordgsr......your acting like my car just received a 5 minute interior spray paint job..haha.

With a 30% discount the total came out to 400$..

Nate.

GDGuy11B
05-19-2002, 07:16 PM
looks good man, i'm gonna have to take a road trip over the summer to see it...maybe next time i'll get more sleep and justin (omega) wont call me at 12:30 AM...lol

Micah

Chris86Lxi
05-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Looks damn good man. Keep up the good work.

Chris

87AccordsterLx
05-19-2002, 07:56 PM
hey Nate... whats the wattage on that deck???

89AccordNate
05-20-2002, 12:08 AM
188 watts

Nate

1989 DX R
05-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Is it just me, or is your screen crooked? Looks real nice though, cool shit ya got there. :D

Don87LX
05-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Nate. I hate you.

That kicks so much ass. Good job.

89AccordNate
05-20-2002, 07:48 PM
The screen is slightly crooked because I can swivel it as I need to. It will swivel about 1 inch right and 1 inch left..this is so passengers can move it as they need it to see it..since it doesnt rotate naturally with the screen, I figured I would add that little touch in there. Sorry I didnt put it perfectly straight for the pics :)

Its angled toward the passenger in the pic...its so f'in clear, I was so surprised when I turned it on.

Sorry don, I cant please everyone..haha..

Nate.

(x_x)
05-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Lucky Bastard :mad: Jk -- how much did all that stuff cost?

Oh yeah - fucking awesome stuff!:bow:

89AccordNate
05-20-2002, 09:26 PM
I got it all for just over 400$. It was 30% discounted because I did some logo work for southern electronics corp..the company that I ordered it all from.

Oh the perks of graphic design......haha.

Nate.

POS carb
05-21-2002, 11:38 AM
can you watch it from the driver's seat? I didn't think there was enough space for something like that

89AccordNate
05-21-2002, 01:32 PM
I can see it fine looking from the drivers side. Of course there is enough room for anything..just takes a little modding! haha.

Nate.

3rdgenSLIMER
05-21-2002, 08:31 PM
honestly, i think the roof looks like shit, its an OK job for a do-it-yourself. the dreamcast is really tacky, they way you put the flames on it.

but thats just my opinion.

89AccordNate
05-22-2002, 05:13 AM
everyone can have their own opinion, personally i cant see spending 400$ on neon lights to make your car glow green..

How custom is that? It isnt..

Nate.

1989 DX R
05-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Ah, I was worried you had f'ked up your install, that wouldnt have been very cool. Nice stuff.

Mike89Accordcom
05-22-2002, 11:25 AM
honestly, i think the roof looks like shit, its an OK job for a do-it-yourself. the dreamcast is really tacky, they way you put the flames on it.

Well said!

Most anything you do yourself will look like crap. Nates "trying" to be different. Pretty pointless modification. That's why you leave it to the pros nate, they know what there doing. You on the otherhand obviously don't. But hey if you like it, that's what matters right nate, :rolleyes: :flip: :flip: :flip:

89AccordNate
05-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Mike, am i trying to be different? No, I do what I like. Dont hate me because I have surpassed your '3rd gen era' car and have completed more mods then you have. Am I trying to beat you? Hell no, thats a waste of my time. I do what I like and I do it for no one else but myself, I couldnt give a fuck what anyone else thinks about it.

Nate.

Lockleaf
05-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Nate, truth is half the time i think you're a bastard. But somehow, I always end up liking you anyway. I thought your dreamcast was cool, and funny as hell. TACKY?! It's a dreamcast for hell's sake. A TOY!!! The roof was interesting. I don't know if I liked it or not honestly. And besides if someone else thinks it looks like shit, after you've done it once the second will always be better. They crack stuff about having pros do it, but guess how pros learn. They SCREW UP!!! Nate, if you like it, you'll ignore them. if you're not satisfied with it, then you'll do it again.

Honestly, I think 7" might be to big for me for our cars. But hey, that's just me anyway. It looks good nate.

P.S. You are a bastard just because of the price you got all of that stuff for. Later. Lockleaf

89AccordNate
05-22-2002, 02:06 PM
I refuse to PAY people to do things for me. That takes the fun out of even modding a car. If I dont do it as well as the pros do it, I could care less. My 3g is my first car and has been one hell of a learning experience with customizing and electronics.

Your right that the pros could do it better then I could, but does that mean I will get the satisfaction out of paying them and letting them do it? NO! I would rather get the satisfaction and knowing that I did it and have it almost perfect then paying someone and having it perfect.

Am I a bastard? Yes I can be, and thats what I attempt to be. Im a smart ass for god sakes! But as most people know that talk to me on AIM, I can be the nicest person in the world if you want to talk person to person. I was the one pushing the buttons with my older brother until he would chase me around and try to beat my ass. And yes, I was the one in my classes making my smart ass cracks about things, but I always got away with it because I had the grades to back it up. So, for any of you who THINK im a bastard, hit me up on aim, and be normal to me and you shall see fuckers!

7" to big for the accord? Naaa!! I had a 5" lcd in my sun visor first and that just seemed to small. I would go with the 7" lcd anyday over that piddly 5 incher. It fits perfect in the cabin.

Hrm, now the tackiness of my install? Ah yes the dreamcast is a little tacky, but isnt that what makes things stand out? Now if my whole car was painted like that then yea you could slam it, but hell, ive never painted anything custom like that before..and my creativity was slacking...so if I get tired of it...ill spray it again!

Ok, enough rambling....off to try out this mini vcr in the accord :).

Nate.

RU MAN
05-22-2002, 10:59 PM
The install might not be show spec. But i think it looks good over all. I'm not into the roof, but i'm sure you did a better job then i would have.

You know what i think is BS, when someone says leave it to the pro's, that just makes me want to:barf:. If someone doesn't have the time etc... i can see it, but people that really love cars/trucks makes the time. :rolleyes:

tk89acc
05-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Personally I think its a good job. I've seen professional jobs turn out looking worse. Sorry to get off topic but how hard do you think it would be to cover the roof in vinyl and keep it from sagging.

89AccordNate
05-23-2002, 07:11 AM
Covering the roof in vinyl wouldnt be that hard if your doing just one color. My roof looks a little wavy in some spots because the headliner material is for one heavy because there is so much of it and It had to bridge the gap over the hole for the dome light. I was in a hurry to throw the fabric down on the headliner. The glue I used is 9$ a can spray on headliner glue.

The problem with vinyl will be getting all of the air holes out before the glue dried. It has a 2 minute flash time and then you have to throw your stuff on there..once its on there..its on there for life.

My headliner took around 5 hours to complete from start to finish, which isnt bad (my mom knew what she was doing, but was unsure of the design I wanted, I was unsure of what she was actually capable of). The vinyl install would take maybe an hour, and then the time to throw the headliner back in the car..which sucks.

Nate.

89AccordNate
05-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Man, I couldnt even pull 1 smart ass comment out of anyone with that long post? Shit..what a waste!

:stick:

Nate.