PDA

View Full Version : Pgm-fi Help Please

cpayette
05-19-2002, 01:37 PM
I have a 1987 Accord LXi 2 Door Hatchback

I just changed out my alternator (what a pain that was) and now I'm having a different problem. My car is having trouble starting and only running on 3 cyls. A tune up didn't help at all. New plug wires didn't help at all. I'm going to check for a cracked distributor cap, but I dont think it is.

When it tries to start at first it cranks a second then there's an immediate halt. That happens a couple times, and sometimes it starts fine, but still runs on 3 cyls.

Also my PGM-FI light comes on every once in a while. Any advice on what I need to do? Thanks

Colin Payette

1988starter
05-19-2002, 01:44 PM
look under the seat for the ecu LED it is a red light look for a box then there is a little flap pull it down and count the light blinking next time you pgm fi light comes on. Check the number of blinks with the faq.

cpayette
05-19-2002, 02:02 PM
It would be kind of fun because my PGM-FI light only comes on when I'm on the freeway.

damackz
05-19-2002, 02:08 PM
just turn ur ignition on, not start the car but b4 that and check the unit to see how much it blinks, get the code and tell us here and we'll tell u wuzup :pimp: