PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix F/T guage...

Immeraufdemhund
12-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Say you take off your needles for your Fuel and temp guages, You put everything back together and it doesn't work! That sux. Well here's what you can do to fix it. Take off the clear plastic part of your guage cluster, or just leave it off if you just put on new face plates and took of your needles. Plug everything back in into your car for the guage cluster. Nothing else because you still have to put back on the clear plastic part. Put the car on the on posistion with your f/t needles off. then turn off the car. This puts the axels were they need to be. Now carefully put back on your needles. The Temp guage goes a little bit below C, and your gas were ever you need to put it. (It's best to have your gas full so that you can just put it on the F). Test it by turning on your car. If they are not in the right spot take it off and try again. Any questions?

bobafett
12-19-2002, 03:38 PM
ok but i think some people actually break the needles.

ALSO my fuel gauge goes to E unless the car is on, so if i set it to E, and i turn the car on (with gas) and it doesnt move then i am fucked. but as long as you dont break the needles and they still move you are right i think....but both F and T would be at their lowest settings, you just have to hope to god that they move again when you turn the car on!

Immeraufdemhund
12-19-2002, 07:42 PM
well now if you do it right they will move. With the needles off the axels will move to were they are supposed to be. You have to put the needles were they should be. My gas needle never moved when i turned on or off the car. Strange how we have the same car and yours does it....

CoAsTeR
12-21-2002, 07:41 AM
check out my website on the horror story that I went through.

How-to Custom gauges...