PDA

View Full Version : check this out!!

Nospeed
12-19-2002, 03:41 PM
so...anyone know how to fabricate 2 crx lips into 1 to fit on the 3g? i got em...just need to know the how-to...anyone?:stick:

gotcha on the title...:lol

bobafett
12-19-2002, 03:45 PM
all i know is that they are too short, so you will need to cut the peice in the middle and add the right ammount into the lip so that the width lines up. i think its pretty much a PITA to do it "right" though.... s

Nospeed
12-19-2002, 03:48 PM
well...i got that much...if you look at my thread in the appearance section...you will see that i know what i have to do...i just dont know how to put the pieces together securely...

bobafett
12-19-2002, 03:56 PM
:rolleyes:

oops... lol... anyway i am no help in that case...

soo many posts, so little time.

Nospeed
12-19-2002, 04:06 PM
:lol...i know....expecially when you are at work trying to sneek a peek of the beautiful girls thread!!

Nospeed
12-19-2002, 05:41 PM
^bump^

87AccordsterLx
12-19-2002, 06:31 PM
hehe :D Your Welcome :)

AccordEpicenter
12-19-2002, 06:41 PM
hey try this, it seems to work well, its what im using now. Take a bumper from an 86/87 accord and cut off the top black plastic part of the bumper cover and screw it into the bottom of ur bumper cover. It looks aiight but would prolly look better if you 'glassed it in. If i can get pix of what I mean I will. What do u guys think?

Nospeed
12-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
hey try this, it seems to work well, its what im using now. Take a bumper from an 86/87 accord and cut off the top black plastic part of the bumper cover and screw it into the bottom of ur bumper cover. It looks aiight but would prolly look better if you 'glassed it in. If i can get pix of what I mean I will. What do u guys think?

i think i know what you are talking about...but wouldnt it be easier if i just worked on the crx lip?? i dont have the bumper off an 86-7...so do you guys have any pointers on fabricating it??

pmip
12-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Well, you could use the metal strips and bondo to fill in the cracks (like you said in the other thread). I'd be a little worried about the bondo sticking to the plastic, and the bondo cracking. You could also go get some fiberglass cloth and polyester resin, and stick that on to fill the cracks, then sand it down. I'd still be worried about it sticking very well (they do sell epoxy resin that would stick fine, but it's hard to find and more expensive). But these are just differant ways of doing it that I could think of, I've never tried it before and have no clue what everyone else is doing.