PDA

View Full Version : Front fender compatibility

DLC
11-14-2014, 06:53 AM
I need a front fender for my 89 Accord 2 door coupe. I'm finding conflicting information on fitment. Some places say that the 4 door sedan and 2 door coupe fenders are the same, some say they are different. Can anyone here definitively say that the fenders are the same or different? I'd rather get this right the first time and not guess.

Beck5953
11-14-2014, 07:34 AM
All fenders are the same. Hatchbacks, sedans, and coupes all share the same fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC
11-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before but I just called the local Honda dealership and they say they are different, that the sedan is a little longer. Have you ever personally put a 4 door front fender on a 2 door or vice versa?

carotman
11-14-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before but I just called the local Honda dealership and they say they are different, that the sedan is a little longer. Have you ever personally put a 4 door front fender on a 2 door or vice versa?

The guy at the dealership probably wasn't even born when these cars were sold.

There is only one fender design for all the years, models, trims, etc. The whole front end is exactly the same.

P.S. Yes, I have personally put a sedan fender on a coupe.

DLC
11-14-2014, 09:14 AM
P.S. Yes, I have personally put a sedan fender on a coupe.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear. Gives me peace about buying a fender online. Thanks again.