PDA

View Full Version : 88 LX-i altenator installation

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-19-2002, 11:22 PM
ok i have searched through all the altenator posts and i didn't find out the best way to replace an alenator in an 88 lx-i. Can u take it out from the top or do u have to do it from underneath it. Whats the best way to go about this???

Blue Impact
12-19-2002, 11:48 PM
Underneath. You just don't have enough room to take it out from the top.

anchovies
12-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Take off the air filter box. You can get to it from the top.

greekguy7
12-20-2002, 05:14 AM
ahhhh.... yes....... you gotta love the good old alternator removal debate... from the top or bottom!! lol

Most shops as well as the manual say to pull the driveshaft and do it from the bottom.

But enough people are able to do it from the top, especially on an injected motor. I looked at my LXi... and looks like there is just enough room if you remove the air box like anchovies said... you just need a little patience

1988starter
12-20-2002, 10:25 AM
OK remove the stock airbox 10 mm nuts I think. Then remobe the ajuster bolt 12 mm I think then jack it up place the jack stands and remove the lover pivot support. Then you can tip the alternator and remove the ground and the plug and pull it up past the throttle body too me a hour for removal and install.

ACCORD EX
12-20-2002, 02:14 PM
guys ! he is EFI ! i have heard in a post before don't really remember , that you can remove it from up in en EFI !

MIKE