PDA

View Full Version : Alright Florida peeps...where are you all??

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Come on guys, where is everybody? Lets get something going here! :) Even if it's just a small local get together some afternoon or something like that -- nothing complicated or anything, just get together and chill for awile. I know there's a few of us down here. I'm off work every Monday and usually every Tuesday as well, if that helps any.

So reply already if you're interested! ;)

And don't hesitate to get with me on AIM if you need to ---> thirdgenlxi

SiR
12-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Hell yea! Lets first generate some kind of intrest first with this thread and go from there.

Rooz

uneek
12-23-2002, 06:43 AM
I live in Jacksonville and I usualy visit my parents in Ft.Laderdale.

SiR
12-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by uneek
I live in Jacksonville and I usualy visit my parents in Ft.Laderdale.

What days are you down here?

Rooz

anchovies
12-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Damn so far :D

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-27-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by anchovies
Damn so far :D
It's not that far to the middle though :D If us southern guys drive UP and you snowbirds drive DOWN, we'll run into each other somewhere in the middle, which would probably be right around Orlando somewhere.

Come on, doesn't anybody like road trips in their 3g? :stick:

anchovies
12-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Orlando is great.
Let's just pm those that are in FL. Some don't check this section. And then set a date.

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Will do :)

doug
12-28-2002, 04:42 AM
I work graveyard so if the meet includes a Friday or Saturday night 8pm --> count me in.

SiR
12-28-2002, 05:20 AM
Like I told Jared, Orlando is cool with me, I just need advance timing on this one.

Rooz

uneek
12-28-2002, 06:17 AM
hey sorry about the delay i might go down to Ft.Laderdale this week coming up im not sure im driving down. but the orlando meet would kick ass just let me know in advance.

-later

OldSchoolSwap
12-28-2002, 07:45 AM
I'm down for the meet, i'm just having some electrical issues with my swap.
I would say in 3 to 4 weeks to be on the safe side.

Vanilla Sky
12-28-2002, 09:52 AM
palatka, sometime in march or april... a weekend meet, we'd crash at a local B&B

one day for just fucking around, the other for pictures

Derick

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Ok so how about we say, Orlando, March 1st and/or 2nd (sat & sun). That should give everybody plenty of advance notice to avoid any stupid excuses.

If anybody has a problem with this date please say so now, so we can figure something else out. Otherwise I'll plan on requesting this weekend off work.

:)

uneek
12-28-2002, 11:13 AM
I am up for that in orlando right?

Kevin
12-28-2002, 08:12 PM
I live By Cocoa Beach about an hour East of orlando!!! Its nicer than orlando and its the beach fulled with hotties!!!!

SiR
12-29-2002, 06:55 PM
March is cool for the Orlando Meet. Cocoa Beach is so close, we can just drive there whenever. We just to settle on a central meeting spot, and Orlando is the most logical place right now.

Rooz

uneek
12-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Kevin does got a point their.

GDGuy11B
12-30-2002, 06:44 PM
count me out.....sigh...

uneek
12-30-2002, 07:49 PM
GDGuy why you out?

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-30-2002, 11:18 PM
GDGuy why you out?
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11287

Dia Fria Claro
01-02-2003, 06:55 AM
I'm in for orlando or wherever...my hrs are constantly subject to change, so I'd just have to take off. As long as it's not on a wednesday, I'm pretty much fine. Be warned, though...my car is all stock and in much need of a paint job (I bought new floor mats...that was a cheap mod for me). :lol: This will be a good opportunity for me to look at what I can do with it though.

uneek
01-02-2003, 07:02 AM
I VOTE FOR COCOA BEACH

uneek
01-02-2003, 07:02 AM
sorry about the caps.:)

OldSchoolSwap
01-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Well, as you all know...... my car is now fixed, so i think i should be able to make it. As long as a steady date is placed and i can get the time off from work.

By the way, Orlando is the furthest i'll go.

guaynabo89
01-02-2003, 02:37 PM
How about Kissimmee.:D

I can probably do Orlando with a good amount of advance notice, March would be ok like was mentioned before.

How about on a Saturday? Mostly everyone has off on a Saturday........right?

uneek
01-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Any1 have a cam that they can upp pictures of the meet?

(upp means upload.)

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Ok, so is March 1st OK with everybody then? It's a saturday. I never have weekends off work, so I need to know if I should go ahead and request the day off or not. If nobody says otherwise, March 1st will be the official meeting date! No excuses!

I still say we do the actual 'meeting' in or around Orlando since it's right on the highway and easy to get to. Once we all meet up, we can have a 3g caravan to wherever.

I do have a digi-cam to take pics with :D

SiR
01-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Make it the first of March, thats cool! Is this only going to be a one-day deal. Thats fine with me. Its going to look like a one-day deal is the best option for many people. I wont know my schedule till at least a month within that date, but thats ok. I'll just call in sick or something. 3g caravan.... that'll be sweet!!!

Rooz

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Ok, since nobody has objected, March 1st is the official meeting date . If you want to come, request off work/activities/whatever you have to do to avoid any last minute suprises. I know stuff comes up, but come on guys, lets try and make it.

As far as a meeting point goes, I think I've found a pretty easy one. There is a Wal-Mart supercenter on Colonial Drive (S.R. 50) on the east side of Orlando. It's easily accessible from both the turnpike, I-95, and it looks like other major roads as well. These usually have very large parking lots that are pretty open out towards the back, so we could find each other rather easily. The exact address is:

11250 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32817

Here's a map
http://www.geocities.com/jdpenttinen/map.txt

To avoid confusion, lets just keep this as the meeting spot. After we all meet up, if someone local knows of a park or something where we could have our own little space, that would be great (Cocoa Beach?). Otherwise I will find something.

This will only be a 1 day thing, so we'll probably want to meet up about 10-12 am, and that will give us plenty of daylight, then drive home that night.

If anyone has any problems or questions about this, speak up now so we can figure a solution

So as a reminder, this meet will be on Saturday March 1st, 2003 @ the address listed above. If you're going, reply here. It would be cool if us south peeps met up somewhere beforehand and all drove up together! I know we've got 5 or 6 people down here. Or if you're along the way we could probably meet somewhere and pick ya up.

doug
01-07-2003, 04:20 AM
bithlo dragstrip is about 5 miles from this walmart. they don't have anything going that day but the sunday before that 2/23 from 10am to 5pm they have street runs for $15, either timed or not timed your choice. just a thought cause if we are gonna do the effort to meet maybe something a little more exciting than a Walmart parking lot would draw some folks.
http://www.speedworlddragway.com/Schedule.html

Janiel
01-07-2003, 05:35 AM
Sounds good bro. I can do it but I go to School and Work. For me its got to be Sunday. I also need about a month. I just put an engine in my car and I'am still trying to work out the bugs. I need to fix that surging idle Its driving me crazy :mad: . I also need some tires. Just let me know when your planing on meeting up I'll let you know if I can make it.

Janiel

OldSchoolSwap
01-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Janiel
Sounds good bro. I can do it but I go to School and Work. For me its got to be Sunday. I also need about a month. I just put an engine in my car and I'am still trying to work out the bugs. I need to fix that surging idle Its driving me crazy :mad: . I also need some tires. Just let me know when your planing on meeting up I'll let you know if I can make it.

Janiel
Like they said before..... MARCH 1st

What engine are you doing?

OldSchoolSwap
01-07-2003, 06:14 AM
I'm in for March 1 Saturday.

SiR
01-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Im in for March 1st. And if im schedule for that day to go to work, I'll just say im drunk and not fit to perform my objectives. That month i'm on reserve.

guaynabo89
01-08-2003, 07:09 AM
I think the meeting time should not be any earlier than 12:00 pm.

Maybe keep it between 12:00 and 2:00 pm.

If its set at 10:00 am that would mean that some people would have to get up at 6:00 or 7:00 am in the morning just to make there on time. That might make things complicated.

SiR
01-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by guaynabo89
I think the meeting time should not be any earlier than 12:00 pm.

Maybe keep it between 12:00 and 2:00 pm.

If its set at 10:00 am that would mean that some people would have to get up at 6:00 or 7:00 am in the morning just to make there on time. That might make things complicated.

Dosen't bother me to much. I'm been waking up early these days. But i see your point with other people. Don't want to cut to much away from the time being in Orlando.

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Good point....but then agian, we still need to allow a little extra time for if peeps are running late or something, and still have plenty of daylight to go and do stuff, so it can't be too late. Should we shoot for around noon then? Is that going to be too early for anyone?

That's also a good idea to exchange cell #'s incase anyone has probs. I'll post mine as the date gets a little closer

uneek
01-09-2003, 01:38 PM
he im in luck its only about a hour half drive from my house so im gonna so be their :) i don't think i can stay overnight though.
Well im looking forward to meeting up with you all hell remember im only 17 so make sure i don't need to be 21 or older to do anything yall plain on doing.

SiR
01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Noon is cool for me!

OldSchoolSwap
01-12-2003, 02:02 PM
A change of subject.....
Friday 1-17-03 at Moroso Motorsports Park

There will be the so called "Midnight madness" witch means the track will be opened till around 2 am or more.
They only do this about once a year if not mistaken.

I will be going. Its about a 2 hour drive for me, located in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Who ever wants to come it'll be a cool event. A bunch of local friends are going allready.

Let me know ya'll!

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-12-2003, 08:55 PM
I'll be there, Juan! (I talked to you the other night, remember? hehe).

See ya there :)

SiR
01-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Im gonna in on this on. We should carvan are way up there with local accords.

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-13-2003, 09:02 AM
I won't be going up until late -- I get off work in Delray Beach @ 11. If anyone else is going up that late though and around that time, stop by and we can head up caravan style. I'm at the wal-mart on Military Trail & Linton (I park in the parking lot on the far left of the building). If not, I'll just see ya'll there :)

OldSchoolSwap
01-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Those of you that don't have my Cell number... holla!

accordboricua
01-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Hey guys...I never read this section....but I got a PM so...I know now of the meeting....Count me in...but I got confused...are we still meeting at Walmart Super Centre @ Colonial??? If that's right...I'm just 15 min from there!

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by accordboricua
Hey guys...I never read this section....but I got a PM so...I know now of the meeting....Count me in...but I got confused...are we still meeting at Walmart Super Centre @ Colonial??? If that's right...I'm just 15 min from there!
Yep...still gonna meet there. Ignore the last few posts about Moroso, that's just for tomorrow night. It's still scheduled for March 1st at the wal mart. Glad you'll be able to make it! :D

fulla5hit
01-17-2003, 03:22 PM
hey guys i just moved down to Fl so no one knows me yet but i would like to meet up with everyone anyway. If that is cool with you guys:pimp: . aim is DJBo34

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by fulla5hit
hey guys i just moved down to Fl so no one knows me yet but i would like to meet up with everyone anyway. If that is cool with you guys:pimp: . aim is DJBo34
Sweet! Everyone that wants to come is more than welcome to, just show up :)

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-22-2003, 09:47 PM
So does anybody have any ideas on what we can do or go? I was hoping someone in the Orlando area might know of somewhere to go since they're alot more familiar with the area than I am. If not then I'll pick a park or something.

Don't forget now....Saturday March, 1st, Orlando, meeting @ wal-mart parking lot, 12 noon . We only have a little over a month left, so if you still need to request off work (as I do, lol) you should probably do that pretty soon.

guaynabo89
01-23-2003, 06:02 AM
Why not go shopping at Wal-Mart?:rolleyes:

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Why not go shopping at Wal-Mart?:rolleyes:
We could do that too. So you're buying, huh? Sweet deal!! :tongue:

guaynabo89
01-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
We could do that too. So you're buying, huh? Sweet deal!! :tongue:

lol

Maybe some popcorn chicken thats about it. :lol I'm new to this area so I wouldn't know where to go. If it Gets this cold might not have a choice but sit inside cars with heaters on.:rolleyes:

SiR
01-24-2003, 04:43 PM
lol

Maybe some popcorn chicken thats about it. :lol I'm new to this area so I wouldn't know where to go. If it Gets this cold might not have a choice but sit inside cars with heaters on.:rolleyes:

Fine with me, all I do is sit inside my car, more often then at home!

March temp. are much more comfortable. Will, I think it depends on if this yar is El Nino or El Nina. Who knows...

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
Fine with me, all I do is sit inside my car, more often then at home!

...Ok I edited :lol

I'm still laughing though...it was too funny!

SiR
01-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
all I do is sit inside my car

Damnit....
Is that better?!?!?

OldSchoolSwap
01-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Man! You guys need a life....... :lol

OldSchoolSwap
01-26-2003, 11:04 PM
BTW, I should be able to surprise most of you on this meeting. I have some projects comming up before the meeting.
Lets see how that goes, should be done before the meeting. ;)

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Hey Juan, and other peeps down south here. Saturday March 1st is another Midnight Madness at Moroso, from 8pm - 2am. Anybody else want to stop on the way back? Even just to watch for awile. I figure since it's pretty much right on the way and all (sorta, lol. It's out in the sticks!). Kind of a meet after the meet sorta thing. Might be fun!

Any takers?

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Come on guys, don't make me go all by by myself! :crying: Doesn't anyone else want to go to the drags for a little while on the way back?

As for the meet, I'm just gonna hold off on planning anything until we all meet up. Once we're all together, I think it will be a little easier to see what everybody wants to do. Hell if worse came to worse we could all go to Hooters or something, lol.

I'm gonna post an official sign in thread in a couple of days to see who all we have going. Hope to see lots of peeps there! :D

uneek
01-30-2003, 02:07 PM
HOOTERS!!!!!!!

SiR
01-30-2003, 02:49 PM
HOOTERS!!!!!!!
LOL!!!
That some people's attention!

uneek
01-30-2003, 02:55 PM
hell you can't go wrong at hooters..... GOOD ASS CHHICKEN WINGS AND FINE GIRLS SERVING YOU IT!!!!! where is the wrong part in that?

anchovies
01-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Come on...hooters is for kids
I say Disneyworld :D

guaynabo89
02-01-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
BTW, I should be able to surprise most of you on this meeting. I have some projects comming up before the meeting.
Lets see how that goes, should be done before the meeting. ;)

What kind of projects would these be?

OldSchoolSwap
02-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Unfortunatly it is not going as planned. My car will be going in for a fresh paint job. The catch is, it is scheduled to go in about a week or two from now. They will take about 2 to 3 weeks to paint it prorperly.

Witch means.............. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it by March 1 :(

I wanted to make this a surprise but it is not going as planned and there for i will have to back out of this meeting as of now, till further notice. :sadwave:

guaynabo89
02-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Why not reschedule to have it painted the 1st week of March?

SiR
02-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
Unfortunatly it is not going as planned. My car will be going in for a fresh paint job. The catch is, it is scheduled to go in about a week or two from now. They will take about 2 to 3 weeks to paint it prorperly.

Witch means.............. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it by March 1 :(

I wanted to make this a surprise but it is not going as planned and there for i will have to back out of this meeting as of now, till further notice. :sadwave:

Thats dissapointing to hear. Gotta do what is needed. Im going to get my hood and headlight covers painted hopefully by saturday. Dont know how long it will take.

OldSchoolSwap
02-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Why not reschedule to have it painted the 1st week of March?
First come first sirve basis. :(
I'll lose my turn till who knows when. I don't want to wait for ever.

guaynabo89
02-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. Of course then they say its going to take a week or two and it winds up being three or four.:rolleyes:

I hated the wait when I first got my car painted, but hey it is worth the wait.( as long as they do a very good job):D

Did they give you a specific date for you to bring in your car?

SiR
02-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Well, the best I can do is paint my hood!!