PDA

View Full Version : Mark's hatch shaved a lil close...

whiteboy
12-21-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey
Mark wanted me to shave his hatch handles, moldings, sidemarker and change the bumpers so he had an idea, yea i know i def fuked up the bumpers, jstu couldnt figure it out, but it hink i cleaned the side up aight.....here ya go

Jordan

Mike's89AccordLX
12-21-2002, 12:37 AM
That looks really good other than the bumpers. How did he get the orange out of the side markers? Does the orange piece pop out like with the bumper lights? I might have to try that. Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

whiteboy
12-21-2002, 01:05 AM
as far as i know he did it with a dremel and some plastic like out of office lighting to fill it in.....we'll c tho

yea i did fuk up those bumpers pretty bad huh lol

Mike's89AccordLX
12-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Well I can't do any better so I'm not saying a thing. That sounds like a sunday project for me. I have a dremel and plexi-glass and some silicone. I did my bumper lights with clear plex-glass not too long ago.

markmdz89hatch
12-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Damn Jordan! Hey thanks a lot for doing that for me. I'm really liking the shaved moldings and door handles. That part came out real clean. As far as the bumpers, that's better then I'd be able to do. Thanks again for doing that.

so what do you guys think, should I shave the moldings and door handles, and paint-match the bumpers?

The original is posted below.

markmdz89hatch
12-21-2002, 08:28 AM
As far as the corner markers, Jordan's pretty much right on that one.

I pulled apart the lens, busted and dremmelled out the orange, then cut some lighting lens and plexi, siliconed them together, then siliconed them into the lens housing. Then chrome sprayed the housing and glued it all back together. Total about 2-3 hrs. per side to complete.

What's ur thoughts...

Here's the new:
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=113473

The old:

whiteboy
12-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Hey yea no prob, i think it'd look hot liek that.....makes me wish i was gettin another accord, i mite be gettin a mazda b2000 body dropped 3" and bagged, shaved on monday so we'll c, if not back to the accord lol

yea shaved moldings (if u can afford) and door handle, sidemarker shaved also would look phat IMO

jordan

Coroncho80
12-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Hey mark, you know that i like your hatch a lot! but it would look wayyyyyyyyyy much better if you shave everything as showed in the Photochoped pic and defenitely paint the bumpers white. We are in the era of mostly one color, to my opion. I think that the bumper painted black makes the car look less valuable. I might be wrong but that's just what I think. If your car can look like this

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=113473

(well, besides the bumper), your car would be the bomb!

Shave it, shave it, shave it! and while you're at it, shave yourself too! :D

smallballn
12-21-2002, 11:38 PM
:D Ive shaved everything the pick shows and then some and trust me the side molding is close to impossibe to get right. So you better be a Baddass at body work or ready to spend some serious $cash$:D But my ride looks awsome all shaved up! I shaved the Side molding,antenna hole,all emblems,hood squirters,gas door,roof gutters,rear winshield wiper,door handles,and rear window squirter. So if ya need some pointers Ill be glad to help.:flip:

BMS
12-22-2002, 12:06 AM
Ya know, if you paint it black you don't have to worry about the bumpers making "the car look less valuable". That's one reason I like my grey, the bumpers and door trim don't stand out.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2002, 01:00 AM
Ok how did you shave your gas door? How do you get gas in it then? I'm helping my dad with my car. He's been doing auto body repair for 30 years now and has welded for 35 years. I've been doing body work since I was in third grade. He taught me then and now he's refreshing it to me. I think it's cool i'm learning to do that stuff.

dXsquared
12-22-2002, 12:18 PM
yah... i never got that one! where does tha gas go in?

Travis

Coroncho80
12-22-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I was asking myself the same question. How do you put gas???

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Maybe he shaved it and now he can only drive on that tank of gas forever. So he can only drive to like the mail box to get the mail everyday. Maybe he was just exagerating a tad.

Coroncho80
12-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Maybe he shaved it and now he can only drive on that tank of gas forever. So he can only drive to like the mail box to get the mail everyday.

:lol :lol :lol

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2002, 02:27 PM
:)

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 06:08 AM
there's actually a ton of options on the gas door being shaved. I'm big into the truck world, and I know that there's a kit you can actually buy to relocate the gas filler to behind the taillight. What it does is give a different curved piece of pipe to weld to the filler neck of the gastank to aim the filler to the location behind the tail. Then the tail is put on hinges with a pop mechanism operated by cable like ours. This completly hides the door b/c the gas door is actually the tail. Other then that you can reangle the filler to inside the hatch compartment so you'll have to pop the hatch and make people think ur just pouring gas into the back of ur car. That might not be the best idea tho b/c then you might have to deal with the fumes.:huh: ...the price you pay for a good shave.

pearldrop
12-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Shaved is definitely the way to go. Nothing makes a car looks cleaner.

My wagon is going to the shop on Friday to get everything shaved and I am trying to decide if I want to shave the gas door too.
I could always extend it over to come out right next to the tailgate but I would still end up with fumes in the car. Hmmm.

I always wanted to shave a hatchback like that. I think it looks great.

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by pearldrop
Shaved is definitely the way to go. Nothing makes a car looks cleaner.

My wagon is going to the shop on Friday to get everything shaved and I am trying to decide if I want to shave the gas door too.
I could always extend it over to come out right next to the tailgate but I would still end up with fumes in the car. Hmmm.

I always wanted to shave a hatchback like that. I think it looks great.

Hell ya pearl, I've been waiting for you to comment on that one.

SQ is the SQUAD
12-23-2002, 01:12 PM
no one ever coments on my shave job, what my car dosent look good? http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=55633

pearldrop
12-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Of course your car looks good. This is the first time I have seen a decent picture of it though. All the other ones are really grainy and don't show much.

SQ is the SQUAD
12-23-2002, 03:24 PM
i droped off my fild today, i took about 20 more pics, that pic i took when it was getting dark so it dosent look to good either

Coroncho80
12-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by h0ndavtec
no one ever coments on my shave job, what my car dosent look good? http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=55633

Yo man, Don't take this the wrong way but I have to get it out of my chest. I like your car and all the stuff that you've done to it ................ BUT! ( ya know there is always a "but") the prelude head lights are a little bit too much for my taste and I would probably paint it with a darker blue or something. Maybe is just the pic or something. I thought I was gonna see it at the last meet in CT. I really wanna see it in person to see what's up? :D

SQ is the SQUAD
12-25-2002, 02:35 PM
come to boston and u can see it
its a pearl baby blue which dosent show in the picture

uneek
12-25-2002, 06:01 PM
That is so damn sexy god damn....Yummm i might do that to my car and paint it black because i don't wanna "copy" his style. Thanks i realy like it.

uneek
12-25-2002, 06:20 PM
On mikes accord how come you don't see the door lines????meaning where it opens and where the door handles were their is no line. I am probly making no sense but respond if you know what i mean

markmdz89hatch
12-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by uneek
On mikes accord how come you don't see the door lines????meaning where it opens and where the door handles were their is no line. I am probly making no sense but respond if you know what i mean

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was thinking about the same thing too when I was looking over my pics. It was just the angle of the shot that was taken that gives it the look that the door line is gone, but trust me, I get in and out of it at least 3x a day, I know it's there.

So the vote is damn near unanimous? The moldings/handles get shaved, and the bumpers painted? All in favor say I, all against, say NAY!

88' Accord Ltd
12-26-2002, 07:46 PM
I do like the back tails on that car with the prelude lights. The front headlights look OK but I dont hate em. Just not my taste for the front end.