PDA

View Full Version : 89 m/t rebuild question

gzakk
12-01-2014, 07:45 PM
We have recently purchased a 89 Honda Accord Dx from the fiances uncle. Bought it for something to take the load off our trucks. I have a diesel for hauling to rodeos, but in the off season it doesn't make sense to warm it up, just to drive it 4 miles to work.

The 5th gear is out in the manual transmission, and instead of purchasing a new transmission I told the fiance I would like to play around with rebuilding it. Its a run around play car, and I might as well learn on this transmission instead of my diesel. God help him as he sits by as I attempt to do it. He was a mechanic, I am a wanna be.

I have downloaded the manual from SHOP MANUAL - HONDA ACCORD AERODECK 1986-1989 (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html), but the transaxle portion is in zip files, I was hoping to locate it in pdf form?

Does anyone have a link for a pdf version?

Also, just wanting to make sure I have my numbers correct, the transmission would be an E2R6 5 speed, correct?

Thanks!

Dr_Snooz
12-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Dude, 4 miles is bike riding distance!

You want to download the '89 USDM Manual. ...the host for which is down now. Apparently. :(

No matter. It's unlikely that you need to rebuild the trans. You can probably fix the 5th gear by pulling the end cap off the trans and replacing it. It's a relatively simple fix and you can doing some searching around on the site to find others who have done it.