PDA

View Full Version : about the flip up head lights???

disfunktional8o8
12-21-2002, 01:01 PM
you know how some other cars like some eclipes and celica's have flip up lights... well some of them can mod the light so then can go half way up and turn on with out any problems... does anyone know how to do that on a 89 accord???:crying:

Tim Yoak
12-22-2002, 01:53 AM
don't want to mess with that, all the switches are built into te motor, this is a very complicated system.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2002, 02:06 AM
I have to agree with Tim on this one. And Tim I see that you made a gauge pod? Do you think you can PM me on how to do that? I need one for my A/F gauge and vacuum/boost gauge that I'll be getting soon. Thanks a lot Tim.

A20A1
12-22-2002, 03:08 AM
It's a seperate box you buy, but the system may be stock in some of the cars. I saw one for sale. I think it's called a tilt controller... but I'm not sure, It's been a while since I've seen it.

disfunktional8o8
12-22-2002, 07:39 PM
you guys did you own gauge pods... kool.... how did you make that>???

Tim Yoak
12-22-2002, 09:05 PM
:cool: the gauge pods are made out of 3/8 thick billet aluminum, the main thing is removing the clock and the plastic mounting bracket behind it. You have to watch your dimensions though because it's a tight fit. there are heating ducts back there. the aluminum has to be that thick to have proper rear clearance. It is made on a milling machine. I also made the tach mount, the seat release handles,the phone mount, e-brake button, etc. out of billet aluminum.