PDA

View Full Version : Fork in the road

Chubs87Accord
12-22-2002, 06:25 AM
there was a poem by Robert Frost called The Road Not Taken... instead of qouting it.. it was basically about coming up to a time where there are 2 different paths you can take, but sadly can only take one....

well im at that point with my car right now.. right now, as most of you know already, i have a 87 dx hatch.. where a bunch of parts were lost in my house fire, mainly interior parts, Ie. my door panels, front bumper (and everythign that comes off when you take the bumper off)

...no for the fork in the road... i made 2 options for myself.. sell the hatch as a parts car or if someone wants to get all teh parts for it and stuff and use that money and the close to 1g i have now and buy a sedan or coupe and work on that..

OR

..i can use the money i have, make a mass amount of junk yard runs, pick up all the things i lostand keep working on my car

theres a few pros and cons to selling it though.. like i have some parts painted already so people might be like i dont feel like changing that back, but a pro is i might find a car in better shape.. so im stuck... what do you guys think i should do? :confused:

Chubs87Accord
12-22-2002, 06:29 AM
btw... he took the road less traveled at the end.. sorry for the cliffhanger, lol

Mike's89AccordLX
12-22-2002, 06:36 AM
I couldn't say... tough choice to make. Well I just wish you well dude.

doug
12-22-2002, 06:36 AM
Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

stairway to heaven
page-plant

ACCORD EX
12-22-2002, 08:54 AM
do you really have something to regret about if you sell your current car like mods you have done ! ?
if not ( if i were you ) i would sell it and get another one ! but if you won't be able to find the one that you want ( that won't be good )

MIKE

Coitis1
12-22-2002, 10:41 AM
hey, i remember that poem from like 4th grade.

A20A1
12-23-2002, 05:08 AM
Just keep it... Build the pannels from scratch and make it truely custom.

Vanilla Sky
12-23-2002, 09:55 PM
just make a shitloard of 'yard runs... so what a20a1 said... buil;d the panels... i picked up everything to do panels for less than $50 (but i can't find a clue that will hold; looks like i'm gonna need contact cement)

remember... look at what good can come from the misfortune... you could end up with a show-quality car for around $5000... just gotta work for it, and use the brains you have to come up with cheap, but tasteful ways to get the car to that shape again

Chubs87Accord
12-28-2002, 08:43 AM
i would... but i really want a sedan or coupe.. something i can put a darn body kit on!!! lol

Jims 86LXI HB
12-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Go with the plan you are MOST likely to have the desire to work the hardest on. If I were you I'd get rid of the hatch(even though I love hatch's, but you want a body kit.) and get a 88-89LXI sedan or coupe. Just my 2 cent's.

Chubs87Accord
12-28-2002, 05:49 PM
yeah i love hatches too.. but ive always had a desire to have a sedan or coupe.. and i would be able to work much much more, easily and invalume... cause i know im not that good at modding all the things to make the hatch the way i want it too so like a sedan would be great for me.. i think im just gonna do that

Chubs87Accord
12-28-2002, 05:52 PM
anyone wanna buy my hatch.. CANT part out.. not skilled enough too.. you can easily make it a parts car... everything except the valve cover gasket is in great condition... or you can just go make yard runs and 'restore it' since i lost a few interior parts when my house burnt down.. hmm.. i would love to get like 700 for it at least.. cause im gonna need the $ to at least put partially to a newer car.. if i sell it like through a mag or in an ad or whatever im gonna put it up for 1g or best offer.. but for you guys i wanna start at 700.. cause the car really is in great condition

Jims 86LXI HB
12-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
anyone wanna buy my hatch.. CANT part out.. not skilled enough too.. you can easily make it a parts car... everything except the valve cover gasket is in great condition... or you can just go make yard runs and 'restore it' since i lost a few interior parts when my house burnt down.. hmm.. i would love to get like 700 for it at least.. cause im gonna need the $ to at least put partially to a newer car.. if i sell it like through a mag or in an ad or whatever im gonna put it up for 1g or best offer.. but for you guys i wanna start at 700.. cause the car really is in great condition

If that's what your going to do you need to create a post in the market section. Do not use this section to market your car. This post was cool, but anymore talk about asking someone to buy need's to be in the market section. :wave:

Neuspeed87lx
12-28-2002, 09:39 PM
i would sell and buy a coupe

Chubs87Accord
12-28-2002, 10:38 PM
oh i know.. i was just jokin around... just havent gotten around to makin the one in the market place section yet.. DAMMIT JIM IM A HUMAN NOT A ROBOT, I NEED TIME MAN!!! (:lol ive always wanted to say that to you, lmao)