PDA

View Full Version : pop up headlights staying popped up?!

89blackdx
12-22-2002, 09:22 AM
i got another problem and where else to turn to but here right? you guys have helped me out so much in the past; i know that i'll get the right answer again. heres the problem:

my car's alternator died about 8 days ago and it was replaced. but i got a bad alternaor at first and my mechanic (which i'll never go to again because he said he could fix it in 15 minutes, but didnt) said that the alternator shorted to ground which somehow froze up my fuel pump, which he realized after he kept blowing fuses. i finally get my car back after a 6 day period and drove it away. i decided to check everything out and i turned my lights on and they came out of the hood as normal and shined. i tried to turn my wippers on...but nothing. angerly i turned wippers into the off position and my headlights as well. the headlights stopped shinning but didnt go back into the hood like the used to do. after a day or two i noticed that he didnt replace my fuse to my wippers and they now work again because i replaced the fuse. so now im wondering if its the same thing for the headlights? i tried looking for a blown fuse in that area, i've found nothing. maybe im over looking it. whats possibly the problem? im up for suggestions. i drive a 1989 honda accord DX carb engine. thanks in advance

SiR
12-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Is the headlight trying to go back down? They would make a quiet electic sound if its trying to go down. That would kill you battery overnight. You can manual close them from under the hood. What happens when you press and de-press the headlight motor switch next to the dimmer and rear-defrost switch?

Rooz

h22fodoor89lx
12-22-2002, 07:16 PM
have you tried checking the retractor fuses under the hood thats what happened to a buddy of mine it might just be a blown fuse.
:werd:

Neuspeed87lx
12-22-2002, 08:16 PM
was the switch to the right of the steering wheel pressed ? you know ... the one next to the defroster control ?

A20A1
12-22-2002, 09:11 PM
I think it's default for the light to stay up when the fuse is blown.

as a test if you know your lights work, leave them down then yank the fuse... they should go up. I think.

89blackdx
12-23-2002, 06:32 AM
no the swtich next to the defroster is not pressed in. that was the second thiong i checekd. where is the fuse for the headlights located...is it in the fuse box next to the battery becasue i didnt see anything in there that said anything about headllight motor or whatever. if there is a fuse to the headlights i need to know where it is because i dont

89blackdx
12-23-2002, 07:43 AM
ok so there are retractor fuses in the hood...but they wern't blown, the fuse that was blown was the fuse above the retractors, as soon as i replaced the fuse they wen't back down into the hood and as of now i have no hazard lights but im going out right now to buy a fuse...thanks alot again 3 geez! my lights now pop and un pop...just like they used to.

ACCORD EX
12-23-2002, 08:25 AM
wow ! the default is up ! very strange design !

MIKE

SiR
12-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
wow ! the default is up ! very strange design !

MIKE

Thats a very good design. Incase you blow a fuse at night, the headlights stay up, or if you need to drive with the headlights up, they are already up.

Rooz

89AccordLXI666
08-21-2004, 04:07 PM
My head lights today where going crazy on there own... sometimes it winked and wouldn't stop.. I checked the fuses under the hood and dash, but nothing blown... what could be the problem? It's not the retractor switch neither... could the motor be bad... was it because I was driving in the rain, and something got wet??? some one please help... Thanks. Lataz

accordlxi2.0
08-21-2004, 05:03 PM
both of them were going crazy?
well the headlight motor are controled by a computer that migt've went loony.