PDA

View Full Version : Some old pictures/motivation!

RobT5580
12-17-2014, 06:16 PM
With my B20A at the machine shop for 22 months they still can't say when they can do the job and offered for me to take it somewhere else. I was tempted to pick it up but I had a few failed attempts due to a previous shop and they have done work for a few friends and have a excellent reputation so I didn't. A lot has happened over the 22 months but I still plan to finish this project. Im itching to go for a ride since I gave up my Subaru for my work vehicle and have not driven a manual car since.

RobT5580
12-17-2014, 06:36 PM

RobT5580
12-17-2014, 06:42 PM

gp02a0083
12-18-2014, 04:53 AM
its been sitting for a while, am I gonna have to come up there and finish it lol

Dr_Snooz
12-21-2014, 09:59 PM
You sure can build a beautiful car Rob. I hope you get the new one together soon.

obdriver6
01-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I really want to see this finished

derolph
01-14-2015, 07:55 AM
So, you have two 3rd gen Accords, right? The gray/silver one in the first post is the same car as the red one in post 2, and the white car is the other one, right?

MessyHonda
01-14-2015, 10:42 AM
every once in a while I go lurk on your thread to see any updates. I want to know how that Traction bar works. I know Tim also got one but I want to get one made from Cheddas auto since he has helped the 3gee comunity with custom parts.

RobT5580
01-22-2015, 05:48 PM
The white one was my first of four accords. I had two red ones which both I had a lot of plans for but the grey one was my current which was purchased in South Carolina virtually rust free. I had plans to fix the rust on my last accord but I found a SEI when I did a road trip to visit my brother and it made sense to start fresh on a clean chassis. Since then I have had a few things change in my daily life so the accord has taken the back seat for some time but I never threw in the towel as I still plan to finish it. My B20A is pushing two years this February in the machine shop which is insane but since then I have had many changes in my life so its fitting. With that said I am eager to get the accord going as I have not driven a manual nor a car since 2010.

As for the traction bar I put a few low speed miles on it as I was in the mist of tearing the car down for paint. It is a high quality piece although as I made a few modifications from the prelude version. I intend to use an added passenger side mount using my innovative b-series adaptor and some modification to my transmission housing which I have not done.

So the current plan is to get it in for paint atleast for the engine bay and jams. I know I have a bit of engine modifications to come so I am hesitant to paint the exteroir of the car because I have witnessed a close friend repaint his car multiple times from damage during to process.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-01-2015, 10:45 PM
keep it up

guaynabo89
03-10-2015, 08:54 PM
So Rob..... Steve and I are planning to finish our cars and have a photo shoot this summer. You want to make it a threesome? ;)

RobT5580
03-16-2015, 03:59 PM
I think it's a stretch for me but I would not say impossible. But still no progress with the machine shop so I have been debating on finding another shop to finish it. Once the snow melts I plan to move the chassis to my friends shop to begin getting it prepped for paint. I was tempted to buy a daily driver as I've had my eye on buying a used BMW 335 but I want to wait so I can work on the Accord and finish a few more projects around my house. On a good note most if not all of the paint supplies are paid for so that's one less thing on my list of things to pay for.

Tdurr
03-17-2015, 07:54 PM
yes! finish it! haha where are yall meeting at?? i might or might not crash it...

but this is a great throw back here. You need to get this thing on the road again

guaynabo89
03-23-2015, 11:08 AM
LOL

THis is just an idea of mine. I told Steve and I think I told Rob about it. It would be nice to get our cars up to snuff and have a decent photoshoot representing various routes of a performance oriented 3rd gen Accord. We have the turbocharged A20(me :p ), b series swapped (Steve), and the JDMs with RObs turbocharged B20.

If we could make this happen I always thought it would be nice. Of course a meet would be interesting as well. Just some ideas is all. ;)

RobT5580
03-24-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm optimistic but I need a push to get this moving along but I have had a lot on my plate this past year. I spent 9 months flying back and forth to Houston visiting my sick father who sadly passed away in January. But I was happy to have a chance to re-connect with him and we were able to get him back to Connecticut which was his last wish and it was a blessing.

With that said I have been looking over my parts and know I'm missing some trim pieces that were no longer available. I'm hoping for some decent weather so I can empty out the garage and do a thorough cleaning and inventory to get my list going. I was able to buy a lot from the tail lights to all the window trip but I remember one side the trim was out of stock so I may have to re-furbish some since its hard to find an accord in a junkyard these days. If anyone has window trip for a coupe in good shape message me (i think it was the passenger side but will check).

guaynabo89
03-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear the news man.

LEt me know what you need and Ill try to keep an eye out. Bro as far as the block man take it somewhere else. Honestly thats just poor customer service on their part. I would never leave a customer waiting that long. I mean we all know there are peak times during racing seasons etc, but I think you need to find someone else. There are plenty of good machinists out there even if you have to ship it out to someone.