PDA

View Full Version : needin some advice...

carlessNcareless
12-23-2002, 11:05 AM
ok, so veery1 knows im tryin to sell my 90 integra RS..well ive pretty much given up on it for the time being and i figure ill fix up the few cosmetic flaws...and in a couple months i plan on putting it on ebay...

now..

here are my options for what to do next...

1. buy a 90-91 integra w/ a b16a swap already done...

2. buy a 90-91 integra and do a b16a swap...

3. buy a 92-93 integra and go all motor b18a...

4.(one ive played with the mos recently) take my 88 lx and do an FI conversion, then do a full b16a conversion, lower it w/ cheap coilovers on tokico blues on some gunmetal powdercoated 6 spoke GSR wheels.. custom catback w/ HKS universal titanium muffler..custom lip...headlight conversion.. and alot more little things....

but can i do it for 4k? or maybe only a small amount over..

1200 for b16a...
300-400 total for suspension
300 for rims...
300 for exhaust...
and the rest could goto the swap parts..which i have no idea how much would cost.... and maybe one of those carbon fiber hoods...;)

bobafett
12-23-2002, 11:10 AM
dont quote me on this, but i think the cost to swap a b16 will be more like 2000-4000 depending on how good you can wheel and deal... but 1200 for the engine itself sounds reasonable...

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 11:11 AM
-OR-

5. Sell the 88 LX and the 'teg, buy an 88-89 EFI 3G with a blown motor then do the b16 swap. Use Koni's rather then Tokico's. Trust me, and Nate, and Steve, and Jim, and... and... (you will not forgive yourself if you run the blue's, unless of course you don't mind bouncing ur way around town).

umm..... OPTION 5

socal3rdgen
12-23-2002, 11:11 AM
you know that most are going to say the 3g. i agree but i also this that you dont want to buy a integra swap already done. if you go with the integra you should do the swap yourself that way its a learning experience and you know exactly what you did to your car. you sound like your more interested in the 88 lx. so i say go for it. why do you pic the lx. why not just a efi ready lx-i. or if you for some reason just feel like doing the efi swap, i would say get a dx with the black bumpers so your car would be a sleeper. everyone knows that a car with stock black bumpers is slow. do the wap on a 88 dx then school everyone you see. :D

socal3rdgen
12-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
-OR-

5. Sell the 88 LX and the 'teg, buy an 88-89 EFI 3G with a blown motor then do the b16 swap. don't buy GSR rims b/c they're a 5 bolt pattern and won't fit. Use the ca$h you'll save in not wasting it on GSR's, buy a set of rota's, and use Koni's rather then Tokico's. Trust me, and Nate, and Steve, and Jim, and... and... (you will not forgive yourself if you run the blue's, unless of course you don't mind bouncing ur way around time).

umm..... OPTION 5

umm your wrong aboutthe gsr rims. i at least know of 2 ppl on the baord. wickedaccord for one and the other i dont remebmer. they have gsr rims on there car. remeber electron didnt specify which year gsr rims he wanted.

markmdz89hatch
12-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
umm your wrong aboutthe gsr rims. i at least know of 2 ppl on the baord. wickedaccord for one and the other i dont remebmer. they have gsr rims on there car. remeber electron didnt specify which year gsr rims he wanted.

ur right socal, I wasn't thinking about all years. My bad. Yea, now that you reminded me of those one's, I say go for it! **ps. Socal, I'm editing my first post so the option is actually a good one.

carlessNcareless
12-23-2002, 11:43 AM
well i alreayd have the LX so thats why im going for it... otherwise i probably wont goto the trouble of selling it off since my dad enjoys driving the 5 speed so much...and as for rotas, im quite tired of seeing them although it was my first choice...i want the 6 spoke GSR's but i would remove the centercaps nd paint them with duplicolor graphite wheel paint(dont flame, ive seen some that looked damn nice) id do the b16 swap, but would it be 1800 bucks for all the swap parts needed???? this makes me want to cut out the LX

MoonScryer
12-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Sell the LX, sell the teg, buy a Ford Taurus. :D

RobT5580
12-23-2002, 06:53 PM
The swap parts would run between 1k to 2k. 2k being you buy everything from place racing including AC bracket ect. If your good you can get the mounts for about $500 (my cheapest quote). I would say buy a 92-93 teg coupe GSR but i dont think you will find one easily and not for $4000. I like them a lot but its a hard to find car with the B17A in it.

flamed89
12-23-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MoonScryer
Sell the LX, sell the teg, buy a Ford Taurus. :D

you are a sick ,sick person:D

carlessNcareless
12-23-2002, 07:56 PM
i dont like the b17a1 @ all..too close to the b16a..

RobT5580
12-24-2002, 07:00 AM
Yeah but you were asking about doing a B16A swap? This way its in the car and you dont have to wire it or worry about small things. Im stuck on doing a swap i want a B20A but the B16A is still on my mind (mainly for aftermarket support) but it has no torque. If motors were not so much a GSR would be ideal for the accord but its a bit over priced.

carlessNcareless
12-24-2002, 08:33 AM
i was worried about torque too, but recently i test drove a 91 g2 LS w/ a b16a, Greddy exhaust, bootleg intake, w/ a new clutch and short shifter...and it HAULED ASS

Jims 86LXI HB
12-24-2002, 10:46 AM
Plan A) Punish self for thinking about running Tokico H.P.'s when you've already experienced Illuminia's and should know better. Then get front Koni's or Koni's all the way around. Revalved Bilstein's rock.

Plan B) Purchase 92-93 teg and go all motor, lot's of part's avaliable to make a satisfying powerplant. It would be your choice as to how far you'd take it. Could do allot with $2k

Plan C) Keep current teg and do auto to manuel (GSR TRANNY!) swap. Purchase B16a head and do LS/Vtec swap.

Plan D) Purchase a 92-93 teg and do a B16a swap, but keeping stock transmission will be a handicap with it's taller ratio's compaired to closer ratio's in B16a tranny.

Plan E) Purchase 92-93 teg and do compleate B16a swap

carlessNcareless
12-24-2002, 01:12 PM
just fyi, the 90-91's are a direct drop in, theres something different about the 92-93's, i think its the OBD1 that makes it a little complicated