PDA

View Full Version : lights don't retract

mga4gerry
12-23-2002, 04:14 PM
The headlights are up and won't go down when the headlight switch is in off position. They will retract when going from headlights to parking lights. They come back up when switched to off. This rules out the motors, the two relays near the radiator, and the wiring. I suspect the other switch that is on the dash. I took out and took it apart, but there is nothing there that can be serviced. I did notice that as I worked the switch, I thought I could hear some sort of relay up under the dash somewhere, but I couldn't locate it. Any Ideas?? Thanks

Gerry

maka_RTH
12-24-2002, 01:38 AM
odd mine don't go down till my lights are all the way off, they stay up going from on to parking lights...

ACCORD EX
12-24-2002, 05:46 AM
mine too !

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
12-24-2002, 12:22 PM
try changing the switch in the dash

DigitaLuminescence
12-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Same with mine... I think they're all like that.
That's mighty wierd, it seems your lighting relays/electrical systems are all messed up (or a faulty switching system), but thats coming from someone who doesn't know too much about the electrical systems on hondas. I would take it to a trusted mechanic that has a strong proficiency in electrical workings. If you lived anywhere near Olympia, then I could point you in the right direction of several shops... but you probably don't.

That sucks. Sorry man.