PDA

View Full Version : Ownership Mentality Survey

Einstein
12-23-2002, 08:02 PM
How are you going about your ownership?

netfreak
12-23-2002, 08:22 PM
I'll be dropping lots of money in my car in the hopes that I'll oneday be able to sell it for a profit.

dXsquared
12-23-2002, 08:29 PM
i want race and a little looks...
i am gutting the interior, but putting some bedliner on the floor and getting a nice custom sub enclosure, but then im takin away from the lightenin process... but i also have a weber and headers and full exhaust and lude tranny and super light race wheels and heavy but nice cruise wheels... i have a mix of show and go... but more go.

Travis

1989 Lxi Coupe
12-23-2002, 09:45 PM
My goal is to make a cruiser that can beat civics. :)

Elijah
12-24-2002, 01:18 AM
i want to make a 12 second accord i could use advice i will be able to spend some decent money this year.i still want to look good.

BensAccordLxi
12-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Going for the sleeper look and ALL MOTOR B16a1

Nate2310
12-24-2002, 08:40 AM
I just want to build up the A20 to about 140 hp and have all the looks, that would make me happy

87Hybrid
12-24-2002, 11:56 AM
I am basically using the Accord for transportation and prototyping parts.

1989 DX R
12-24-2002, 12:36 PM
I want to strip mine down for SCCA class racing. Maybe as a show car in the far future.

I want to build my A20a1 into a 150-160 hp all motor, or turbo if Site can do turbo hats for DCOE carbs ;)

Y3G
12-24-2002, 02:08 PM
bling bling
all i know when i pull up i want all the attention i can grab
-chrome wheels
-lowered till it scrapes
-iced out
-paint like glass
-desent power

maka_RTH
12-24-2002, 05:24 PM
DIE CIVICS!!! lol

88' Accord Ltd
12-24-2002, 07:31 PM
I want to have more go than show but I still want people to go :eek: when they see my car and think damn thats a nice ride.

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2002, 08:29 PM
right now the 3g is my beater... and i mean beater.....i can not belive the car is still running with the abuse its taking ... its a great car ...once the motor goes ... its gona sit at my house for a year ... then i will have money to do a nice swap... NOTHING done to the exterior .... cept lowered ..... sleeeeeper ... ,my civic is for show

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
right now the 3g is my beater... and i mean beater.....i can not belive the car is still running with the abuse its taking ... its a great car ...once the motor goes ... its gona sit at my house for a year ... then i will have money to do a nice swap... NOTHING done to the exterior .... cept lowered ..... sleeeeeper ... ,my civic is for show

thats what im going to do when i get a turbo talon. im going to rest my a20 and fix her up really nice. at the same time im going to make my talon a sleeper. im planning on driving my accord in the winter (we dont get snow) and driving my talon in the summer. i cant afford insurance on both cars at the same time.

AccordEpicenter
12-26-2002, 10:33 PM
Im with yellow3g, im into bling bling- neons chrome rims, nice paint (nothing ricey) huge stereos lowering and body mods (side skirts, air dams etc) imo it would take too much work and money to make the car scary fast... id prolly just end up blowing it up sooner.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-28-2002, 12:30 AM
A20A1 has to be one of the ultimate race people I know. Totally gutted everything for weight reduction. I modify to race worthy but not that race worth damn :bow: A20A1:bow:

bobafett
12-30-2002, 08:27 AM
hey socal if you plan on getting a turbo talon, dont count on being able to afford anything else!

i plan on prepping my car for the track this winter (ie GUUUUUTTING) i would like to turbo the car, although i havent decided if i want to get turbo a20 or if i want to go the b20 route.

seems silly to spend 1500 on a swap to gain 50 hp. when you can just turn up the boost a little more and make the same kind of power with 600 in engine rebuild stuff! :) hehehe oh well.

pimp86LX
12-30-2002, 09:41 AM
its my winter beater. i drive a bike in the summer, and if i were to have plans for a car/truck it'd be a short block v8 at the very least

pimp86LX
12-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
Im with yellow3g, im into bling bling- neons chrome rims, nice paint (nothing ricey) huge stereos lowering and body mods (side skirts, air dams etc) imo it would take too much work and money to make the car scary fast... id prolly just end up blowing it up sooner.

neons....shiney rims...bling bling...no rice?? is it just me or is that contradictory. sure it can look nice but imo its just like a bluff. its not real its just what the masses want to see. I can't count the nubmer of cars that just drive up and down one block and sit in the parking lots acting and believeing there "cool" and "original"

~arg~ sorry i've had my rice encounter of the week and its burnin me up.

p.s this isn't against you specifically or anyone else :p

JaVaSa84
12-30-2002, 10:02 AM
what is rice?

bobafett
12-30-2002, 11:41 AM
www.riceboypage.com
www.beaterz.com
www.ricecop.com

pimp86LX
12-30-2002, 11:51 AM
everyone has their own personal idea of what "rice" is. To me its all show and no go accompanied by the fact a true "ricer" will believe that all the show makes them cool and fast.

Einstein
12-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by JaVaSa84
what is rice?

From the survey, take #2 and #8 and put them together.

iiviasterp
01-02-2003, 03:32 PM
i can never decide what i want....a show car, or a fast car....so i just said fuck it and im gonna try and get both.....its nice not to have to drive my car in the winter, and all i have to worry about is geting it running again before the VA meet in may......im getting a repaint/all dents removed/rust fixed at the moment, along with a carbon fiber hood eventually and some rota slipstreams.....that should do me good for looks for awhile, but i want to be able to take my car to shows and try to win some tropheys/money here sometime soon.....and i am a strong believer that if u look fast, you better be atleast alittle fast, no all show no go for me.....i got plenty of thoughts about my motor....swap, turbo?? who knows....i just need the show and go......and my car is about all i spend my money on....that and gas for my lexus....the damn thing eats it like its its job :mad:

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 04:42 AM
I don't think rice is all show and no go. My muffler is considered rice and it produces power. I'm sure with my headers and straight pipe and exhaust is all considered ricey. They produce plenty power. I can see where some rice mods are show and no go. Big spoilers alluminum or not, they do nothing for performance. Neon tubes, neon washers, STICKERS. More and more people in my town have NOS or ZEX stickers on their car. I asked most of them if they actually had nitrious. And most of them said why don't we race and find out. I was like show me the bottle moron. These people think that if they add stickers of performance parts they my actually be faster. Well they're stupid morons that everyone makes fun of. So I guess rice can be taken a bit too far sometimes. (sorry kinda lost track)

A20A1
01-04-2003, 06:34 AM
I've tried appearance.
I hand scored the entire car, removed rust and primered the areas that needed it. Then I was going to paint it a Metallic electric blue color. That failed and my paint ended up on some other guys car. I think it was a 92 teg.

I then decided to start shaving the emblems and the antenna and the 2 gouges by the back window just above the door.
and I added my scoop.
This time it would be coach black. But I never had time to paint, and the days I did the shop was closed. So I'll just hold on to my stuff till something comes up.

I'm not much into stereo... I'll listen to techno now and then. I have 1 speaker in the car and my head unit is zip tied to an aluminum angle bar that I bolted to the now striped shifter assembly.

I'm working on removing all the excess wires that was put in to controll stuff like a/c and power windows. I've converted the front two doors to non power so I can roll them down at least. When I have time I'm taking out the seats again and going to start removing the crap stuck to the floor. then I'll scour the interior frame and floor and give it a coat of that truck bed liner. I'll contsruct a small guage tower where the center console used to be and paint it to match the interior as well. It'll have enough ports for 6 guages and 1 large tach. I'm not sure if I should ever invest in a roll cage... I would like to rally one day but I don't see it happening soon enough for me to justify spending the money now. Basicly I'm focused on minimizing the stuff i need for a working car. I've turned away from the aftermarket hype and am going for a true customized car with parts I design and / or build.

OldSchoolSwap
01-31-2003, 11:45 AM
I chose "Modify it silly with all the money I can scrape together"
Sounds like me? :D

SiR
02-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I like how the car is now. Now just to keep it running realiable is my goal and save money for my next car!

Project-LXi
02-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Personally I am into bling bling effect. I dont mean all show and no go, but I say if you got it, then flaunt it. Why drive a car that is fast as hell but only 1 out of 1000 drivers (1 being who you race) realize it because it looks stock. I like the idea of a sleeper car to some degree, but Id much rather have a nice looking comfortable car that can move than a bare nothing ugly car that is faster.

Plus, bling bling is good for the ladies. Last week I had a little hottie call my car, and I quote "fucking bad ass". Id much rather have that than: "Your car looks like shit"

Just my opinion of course.

A20A1
08-15-2004, 07:37 AM
I found this and figured it would be good to bring back

Robs89LXi
08-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Ha, ha. Mike, you just bored or what? You've made like what, 20 posts this morning :)? Hey, it's all good info though. Thanks especially for the Turbo/Supercharger FAQ... it's about time.
But I digress.....
I guess I fit into an in between category, 'cause I want the best of both worlds. First will be the performance part because I will be seeking to go boost for a pretty quick ride, but I will also want it to be pretty much stock looking for the sleeper effect. I am hoping to use very subtle body changes to allow the use of necessay mods though (intercooling, for instance). Not sure how I'm gonna do these yet, but am gaining ideas all the time. I'd encourage anyone with a real project plan to submit it and keep it evergreen so that we might all learn from what you do.
Keep up the good work.

A20A1
08-15-2004, 08:18 AM
I've been awake for almost 24 hours... my eye is twitching. :D

88accordhb
08-15-2004, 08:21 AM
good bump mike, there shoud be one that reads

-make it as low and loud as possible to annoy people on the streets.