PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here saying hello :)

gascanEXPLODE
01-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Whats up everybody? I Got this 86 LXI a couple weeks ago... it was hours from being crushed and I couldn't let that happen.. Oh also this is my first honda! So when I first got this car, it would barely run and someone busted out the passenger side door window. The previous owner had done some crazy wiring to get the fans running and for the stereo (nothing fused). So I have spent ALOT of time just repairing STUPID THINGS than should never have been done.

So far I have repaired alot of the stock wiring, rebuilt the distributor and replaced the entire ignition system, also replaced the broken glass( very cold here in ND no drivey drivey without windows).

Anyway I fell in love with this car the second I saw it... and im glad its mine :) This picture blows but its the only one I have, possibly will take more today while im out working on it.

~Steve

derolph
01-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the forum. As far as I can tell from the photo, the car does not have major rust issues, which is an indication it has lived most of its life in a warmer climate where chemicals are not needed on roads in winter. Do you know where it came from?

In the photo, the car appears to have an emergency/police-type flasher on top of it. Do you have any clues about why it's on the car?

How is it running, since you did the ignition system work? Have you had enough time yet to assess oil/fluid/coolant leaks and to get a feel for internal engine condition?

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Cool car! Thanks for saving it.

ryan427
01-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Nice job. My fan is rigged to run all of the time. Definitely one of those stupid things I have to figure out too. Kudos on realizing what you have there. Mine is at 267k miles and purring. I'm sure you'll have many miles to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gascanEXPLODE
01-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Oh thats the truck behind it... does look kinda like a police thingy :-p. The car was tagged in Idaho, so i would assume it came from the northwest where it never snows.

The car runs absolutely perfect... in fact it made its maiden voyage an hour ago to the beer store!!! lol.

Heres a list of things I have done to it so far:

1: rear seats/carpet/panels delete
2: installed new passenger side window
3: installed new media system
4: cold air intake
5: radiator fan relay/dash switch
6: Vacuum control box DELETE
7: A/C idle valve DELETE
8: power steering DELETE
9: A/C system DELETE
10: more beer.

gascanEXPLODE
01-01-2015, 05:07 PM

beer store time

gascanEXPLODE
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
yea man this one is at 230k and was running on 3 cylinders. turns out some little diaphram thingy was clogged in the vacuum box causing the egr to be partially open. Its got a leaky head gasket but it doesnt effect cooling or engine performance (yet). lol

by the time i blow this a20 ill have another one built for it thanks to the INSANE wealth of information on this forum!

j3wman
01-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Good save can't wait to see this finished

derolph
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Its got a leaky head gasket but it doesnt effect cooling or engine performance (yet). lol
So, how do you know the head gasket is leaking?

derolph
01-05-2015, 06:10 PM
6: Vacuum control box DELETE
7: A/C idle valve DELETE
8: power steering DELETE
9: A/C system DELETE
How are those components "deleted"? Are you driving without power steering?

ryan427
02-24-2015, 05:41 PM
The car runs absolutely perfect... in fact it made its maiden voyage an hour ago to the beer store.

Really hoping you made it back from the beer store. Update? What gives dude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2oodoor
02-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Nice,looking,hatch...has sedan Lxi bumper on it already!