PDA

View Full Version : crank pulley

jteuton
05-19-2002, 07:35 PM
is the bolt on the crank pulley traditional and tightens and loosens like most or is it the opposite way around. Thanks.

guaynabo89
05-20-2002, 07:33 AM
it comes out the regular way.(counterclockwise)

if this is the first time taking it ff you probably need a good impact wrench and a blow torch.

its a pain in the ass to take off.:D

oh and make sure your using a breaker bar not a regular ratchet.

jteuton
05-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Are you absoutely sure it comes off like that? Imact wrench at 150psi wouldn't touch it. Bent the hell out of a breaker bar and sheared an extension into two pieces....these are craftsman tools not walmart....whats going on?.....I'm trying counterclockwise....Does anybody think it might be the other way?

stgardner
05-25-2002, 05:51 PM
try some heat or lots of penetrating oil and time.

guaynabo89
05-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Are you using 1/2 in drive? Anything smaller and youll snap it like nothing.

Try getting your hands on a blow torch:flame: If you cant take it to a shop and have them loosen it for you. Your impact wrench doesn't have enough tourque to break it loose.

This is normal for that bolt. I had the same prob on my 91 accord a couple of months ago. I had to pay a guy to come to my house with an impact wrench and a blow torch. His impact wrench didn't have enough torque either. So we just heated it up with the blow torch. Used a breaker bar with a 4 foot pole on it for leverage.

If your trying this by yourself your definately going to need help.
Get one of your friends to hold the flywheel while you try the breaker bar 1/2 inch extensions and a long pole to fit over the breaker bar for leverage.:D