PDA

View Full Version : ***HELP My SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING***

89AccordLXI666
12-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Ok so today I hooked up my amp and subs today and I know the amp is good cuz i just took it out on my other car and put it into my 86 Accord LX And I hooked up all the wires such as the 4 gauge power wire and ground wire, then the RCA's and the remote wire. Now when before when I hooked up my cd player, I notice the wires that go to the stock honda cassete deck were cut, thus not having the stock wire harness, so I had to micky mouse the stock wires to the wires that came from the back wiring harness to my cd deck, and I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up right, the only one I don't know is, the remote wire. i'm not exactly sure which color coded stock wire from where the orginal remote wire supposed to hook up to, but I'm not also sure if I got a good ground or not, cuz where I grounded the ground wire to was underneith the trunk carpet where theres metal, I used a grinder or sander what ever u wanna call it to take a little paint off so I could supposly have a good ground and I drilled a hole and put a washer and screw and screwed the wire connecter with the loop to the trunk floor under the carpet and thought it would work but still no power to the amp... the fuses to the amp are fin and the one that goes to the battery with the 4 gauge power wire, so nothing is blown... I think there is 2 possiblilties, #1 I may have a bad ground connection to where I grounded it to, and #2 i think I hooked the ground wire wrong to the deck. But I'm still not sure If I hooked it up right to the stock remote wire cuz i dunno which one it is, like what color of the stock remote would be in order to make my am work... if some 1 knows the color code please let me know on the info, also let me know wheres a good place to ground the ground wire too.... thanks. If n e one can help I will worship u like a god... :bow: Thanks Lataz

zip7
12-23-2002, 11:56 PM
on my 89, it is the yellow wire with small red stripe. This should be the 12 volt ignition/acc. hope this help. if need more infor just reply here.

dXsquared
12-24-2002, 08:01 AM
they way u test is with a piece of wire. turn on some music then go back to ur amp... take the wire and run it from the constant 12 volt and then touch the screw for the remote line...
it the mp starts poundin, thats ur problem

Travis

hondaman87
12-26-2002, 05:48 AM
it's all set I had the remote wire hooked up 2 the wrong wire, but thanks guy's for the help. :-) Lataz

87AccordsterLx
12-27-2002, 10:28 PM
just for your 411 the entire wireing color codes are in the FAQ.