PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper lights

Tim Yoak
12-23-2002, 10:29 PM
:D All right some of you guys were asking about my rear bumper lights I was going to install. The doner lights came off a 80's nissan wagon, they were mounted in the sides of the rear bumper. I'm not sure what year it was. They happen to be just the right angle that when mounted in the rear bumper they face straight back,but the housings fit the curve of the rear bumper. what needs to be done to them to make them work: first the original bulb was only four watts and mounted at an angle. pretty useless for this setup. what i did was mill off the raised original bulb mouting point and install a led taillight bulb from apc. This bulb is much brighter and gives me the option of both brake and tail in the bumper. the light housings epoxy into the cutouts I made in the rear bumper. I recently saw a picture of a jdm accord that had these lights stock, and the ones I put in look identical. here are some pictures, you will need to use the arrow keys to read the captions on the bottom all right since it won't download right you can use this user name and pass word it it for showing pictures of the car anyway nothing else. user name 86accord password dumbass www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290950323

RCracer
12-24-2002, 07:48 AM
All the Accords got rear bumper lamps (rear fog lamps) in the UK.
They are the same bumper lights as fitted to all Hondas of a simular age to our cars.

Tim Yoak
12-24-2002, 07:57 AM
I know, mine look just like that. and where I live there is so much fog in the spring, that maby the'll keep me from getting hit

Tim Yoak
12-24-2002, 02:39 PM
:tongue: in case anyone can't get this to work this is an imagestation account just for my three geez pictures. I left you all the pass word and user name so you can acess the account. user name 86accord,password dumbass. the thing i like about the way I did these lights was that the led bulb makes it super bright.