PDA

View Full Version : I got these speakers...

ronwiththewind
12-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I got speakers from walmart:lol and they fit in my door good, but then when i put my window down, the glass hits the back of the speaker, and doesnt go down all the way. Is there any way around this, I tryed putting under my seat, but that's ghetto. Whatever ya think of let me know

-Ron

88WhiteLX-i
12-24-2002, 09:35 PM
you sure you installed it right? Because it shouldn't be hitting the plastic case. You do have a plastic case that the speaker goes in right? If you do then you didn't put it in right. TRy taking the whole thing out and measuring out how much the window goes down. STRONG BAD RULES!!! THAT SHIT IS SOOO FUCKING FUNNY, EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK IT OUT!!! HOMESTARRUNNER.com

shepherd79
12-25-2002, 05:40 AM
well, if he got speakers with oversized magnet, than he has to cut the back of the plastic. i think plastic works like a spaser too.

ronwiththewind
12-25-2002, 03:01 PM
yea i think the magnet is too big, how do i cut the plastic?
also, new question. how do i make it so that in the back i here only bass coming out of my subs, and in the front i only got the treble? do i need an equalizer, cause i dont wannna go out and buy one

shepherd79
12-25-2002, 06:07 PM
if you are running speakers of the HU and you don't have a sub, than it would be kind if hard. you will have to rewire the hole thing, and use crossover.
the easiest thing to do is to get 4 channel amp and run speakers from it. set front on HP(hight pass) and back on full pass. this way you will hear more bass on the back and less in the front.
you can also get small sub if you want some extra bass. than i would recomend to get some 5 channel amp. run front on hight pass, back on full pass, and sub on low pass. you should get nice bass plus nice mid and high

jigga225
12-27-2002, 11:54 AM
the plactic is tellin you how far the thing can go.
You CAN take the plastic ot, but if yo u put a speaker in, it will not be able to go farther than where the plastic went.
So leave it there.

One thing you COULD do is take off the silver metal ring that is around the speaker hole and get a little more depth from there...

Whitehonda
12-29-2002, 10:45 PM
not true, I have after market speakers, and built some home made wood mounts, so the new speaker would still fit behind the factory grill, but was deeper than the plastic mount. Also, you can move the window track back a little by cheating. I think you loosen a 10mm screw and just slide it back. I had my buddy tell me this (he had a 3 gee and worked at a car audio joint) but if they are that deep, and you got them from walmart, something is wrong. My $250 JL's fit fine in pretty much the same spot the stock ones did.

Cameron

Elijah
12-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Igot clarions and i cut the back off my plastic and works just fine but if i remember correctly the only reason i cut it off was b/c the magnet was to fat for the plastic.