PDA

View Full Version : Sway bars?

DLC
01-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Now that I have most of my suspension updated I would like to install some aftermarket sway bars. The only thing I've been able to find are the Suspension Techniques ones on ebay. The cheapest I've been able to find is $300 shipped for the front and rear bars. Being the cheapskate I am, and considering that I don't have that much in the entire car, I can't really justify paying that much for sway bars. Are there any other options that I can look into? Did these cars ever come with a rear sway bar from the factory?

HLW
01-11-2015, 09:56 PM
The LX-i and SE-i trims have rear sway bars. All have the threaded hols for the mounting brackets.

I may still have a sway bar and the brackets, I need to see if I can find it.

lostforawhile
01-12-2015, 02:22 AM
aadco

MessyHonda
01-12-2015, 11:43 AM
If you want aftermarket you can modify the 4th gen bar to fit. I had to drill holes and relocate the brackets. Im running the progress 22mm rear bar. Another option is to get the Acura Vigor rear Sway bar. its a 16mm bar that will bolt up you will only have to shave your bushings to 16mm or find universal ones.

DLC
01-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'm officially an idiot. I could have sworn my car didn't have a rear sway bar but I looked under it again yesterday and sure enough, there is a rear sway bar..albeit a tiny one. But, I would still like to get some bigger ones.

How much bigger is the 4th gen bar?

MessyHonda
01-13-2015, 10:04 PM
you best bet is to get an aftermarket 4th gen one or the vigor that is bolt up. if not just get the rear ST bar. should be like 160. the front bar is fine just upgrade the busshings with polyurathane.